Merci Arsène

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by kraphtous, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Wenger’s gone and I don’t think he should be anywhere near the club, except as maybe a spectator, or as a guest of honour, or to be there at the unveiling of his statue, or to present an award, but not in any work capacity. Which was the point I was trying to make.

I’ve no idea what point you were trying to make though:lol:

2. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

Had the board understood the value of keeping Cesc, Nasri, RVP together ...or assembling Suarez, Sanchez, Özil ... we might have had a chance...but i believe the refs would still have ficked us up...

Now with Ramsey, Mkhi, Özil, Auba, Laca, Bellerin ..we have serious attacking firepower ..and its sad we will lose Ramsey and maybe Özil, would like to see us challenge next year.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Do you want me to reply him with a picture of a kitten in a cute costume? Because I can do it.

krackpot likes this.
  4. Makingtrax

Hell, why not. That’ll teach him to think twice before he disrespects Wenger again.

krackpot and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  5. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

So true. Wenger has stayed away and given Emery a chance to breath in the job. I'd like to see him back on occasion next season though.

6. hydrofluoric acid

Yeah Wenger is a gentleman! If he showed up at Emirates this season it would be bigger than the game itself for me. I just would want to watch Wenger watch the game.

albakos, Makingtrax and Ricardinho like this.
  7. avalonhse

avalonhse Well-Known Member

Wenger best legacy is the worst year in his tenure when he left, as well as Auba and Laca.

Ferguson worst legacy is the PL title when he left, as well as Persie and Rooney.

Now you can see how different Emery and poor Moyes fates are.

For example, people always compare today league points with same time last year. Emery has improvement on every measure comparing with Wenger's worst year. He must be lucky.

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

'why do you ask me in English' looool

BobP, boxerumble, Tir Na Nog and 5 others like this.
  9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Why, though? You think he's done in every capacity and has nothing at all to offer? Is that what you're saying? Or is it that you feel that the club is all of a sudden beneath him?

10. Makingtrax

Neither. Would have thought it was obvious. If you get a divorce, and take the new girlfriend out, nothing good can come of having the ex tag along?

11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Fair enough, Wenger's the burnt-out, boring old ex. Sad, but I respect your honesty.

12. hydrofluoric acid

[​IMG]

Makingtrax likes this.
  13. Makingtrax

Oh no, Wenger is the always loyal, dependable ex. Maybe older than the new model but still classy and very respected. :lol:

GoonerJay24 likes this.
  14. Makingtrax

That’ll teach him to disrespect Wenger.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  15. arsenefc

of all the players who left in their prime .. which one do you think hurt Wenger the most?

16. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Clichy, since he was pucked out of Ligue 2 and we struck to him through his injury problems. Even let Cole go for him.

albakos likes this.
  17. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Fabregas
    His first touch, passing, vision, teamwork, positioning, movement, skills are british midfielders can only dream of.

18. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I think it was RVP. And I'll explain why
    After Cesc left it was a big blow. However he was actually fairly easy to replace. The mental blow was much more than the actual blow in talent we received. We weren't without creative mids for too long where as when RVP left we lacked a striker for years. It was the crucial piece of the puzzle which we were missing and we arguably could have won the league if RVP had stayed.

It could however also be argued that Cesc was the catalyst for RVP leaving so there is that...

Also this in no way means I feel RVP was the better player. I do not.

carlito'sway likes this.
  19. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Hleb, He left first, 2008 the fool.
    Rosicky stayed until 2016.
    No excuses Hleb can cry all he wants.

Makingtrax likes this.
  20. arsenefc

I think RVP was the straw that broke the camels back. Wenger always had sensational strikers....and then to play with Giroud...that must have hurt.

Makingtrax likes this.