• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
LOL...OL fans would be enraged by that. Definitely, not SaintE though. OL is a much bugger club, have their own stadium and a terrific academy. Anyway, he seems to enjoy life while still rooting for AFC.

Not a good sign that Arsène says he "wishes" we get 4th. Makes me believe we wont achieve it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Can you believe I used to get a hard time for defending a classy great man who had managed this club brilliantly for 25 years?

Crazy when you think about it. ****ing ******. Glad you’ve got your Arsenal back, wankers.
I don't condone the chanting and jeering but we were going to have change at some point. As it stands Emery hasn't done worse than Wenger's last 2 seasons.
Definitely miss the presence of the man though!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I love hearing Arsène speak. Love his voice and accent and his love of the game. He looks well and seems to be enjoying life so I'm glad he's out of our toxic club atm.
This was the other thing. How much can one man take. He made mistakes, he wasn't perfect, but in the end he really got a lot of stick for it. Being upset about it was fine but there were many horrible incidents where he was so strong to withstand the vitriolic abuse he was getting. I still think back to that one video of him at the train station "get out of our club.".. Brought me to tears at the time. I was ashamed for them and so hurt on his behalf. I was still angry and I wanted him out at the time but I remember being filled with an uneasy feeling.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This was the other thing. How much can one man take. He made mistakes, he wasn't perfect, but in the end he really got a lot of stick for it. Being upset about it was fine but there were many horrible incidents where he was so strong to withstand the vitriolic abuse he was getting. I still think back to that one video of him at the train station "get out of our club.".. Brought me to tears at the time. I was ashamed for them and so hurt on his behalf. I was still angry and I wanted him out at the time but I remember being filled with an uneasy feeling.
I just remember being hurt by the abuse he got and wanting to go to war with those dishing it out! Your unease is understandable as it was always going to be hard to replace a legend but without the abuse from our fans and an owner that replaced the job Dein did, I wonder how much better we might have done. It's too late now but I would love him back as Chairman. Our profile falls day by day and it will be as low as the pre Graham era before our clown board wake up.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
All top managers have a defined idea/philosophy and more so today, a plan b. Wenger always tried to play well but it was obvious that the lower quality players just weren't capable to understand his vision,never mind execute it.

One of the great disappointments during his latter time with us. I suppose he facilitated his own downfall really by spoiling the board during the stadium years.

We should have had a second spell where we were one of the leading spenders in the PL. We could have seen more magic.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
One of the great disappointments during his latter time with us. I suppose he facilitated his own downfall really by spoiling the board during the stadium years.

We should have had a second spell where we were one of the leading spenders in the PL. We could have seen more magic.
The original board grossly underestimated the stadium cost. Only Dein had some idea of the real impact and personal tensions destroyed us and allowed Stan to take advantage. Hindsight is great and I feel gutted that our honest and honourable efforts have impacted so negatively.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The original board grossly underestimated the stadium cost. Only Dein had some idea of the real impact and personal tensions destroyed us and allowed Stan to take advantage. Hindsight is great and I feel gutted that our honest and honourable efforts have impacted so negatively.

Still too early to write it off as a complete failure, but so far it looks to me like its left us in a worse position. And my assessment is not purely financial, its the leadership structures as well.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Still too early to write it off as a complete failure, but so far it looks to me like its left us in a worse position. And my assessment is not purely financial, its the leadership structures as well.
I think the feud between Dein and Fiszmann was more damaging than we realised at the time. It left Dein in the cold as the remaining members who were less savvy, honoured Fiszmann after he died by not bringing him back in to the club. Dein was our shepherd.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Boards of Directors live in a bubble, almost like the Kings and Queens of older times. The hard part is that you cannot even remove them easily.

In general, 99.9% corporate management is ****. There are so few instances (like the Costco chairman) of sensible guys that it is negligible.

Top Bottom