• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Emery had 3rd in his hands a couple of times and ****ed it up, can’t blame Wenger for that.
images

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Emery had 3rd in his hands and ****ed it up, can’t blame Wenger for that.
My reply was tongue in cheek aimed at Hydro, hence the small text at the bottom? But if you want to go there, Wenger had a club in his hands and ****ed it up. Your turn....

GDeep™

League is very weak
My reply was tongue in cheek aimed at Hydro, hence the small text at the bottom? But if you want to go there, Wenger had a club in his hands and ****ed it up. Your turn....
Don’t know what you mean, Wenger over achieved.

If anyone ****ed anything up it was Ivan, we discussed this before, he handed out an extension to Wenger when he shouldn’t have, sanctioned signings like Mustafi and Perez, gave out a big contract to Özil, missed out on Arteta and then ran off to Milan.

Wenger was close to impeccable during his time here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How many times does this have to be debunked?
I don’t really want to get into it in this thread out if respect, but if you think Wengers failure to identify and attempt to address weaknesses at a vital moment because ‘there isn’t better quality available than what we already have’ has nothing to do with where we currently sit, then whoever disagrees must have selective amnesia. That was his choice, we lost speed out of the corner and we were left behind in the straight. Anyway, nothing more to say about that in this thread.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Has it never occurred to you that Wenger had a boss telling him to calm the waters when addressing the fans because the owner wasn't prepared to splash the cash????
Calm the waters? Who’s talking about delivering speeches? I’m talking about signing players when we needed them most. Everybody on here was united in frustration at our failure to sign defenders and midfielders when we needed them most. Chief Wengerite, @GDeep™ will tell you all about that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How about just Merci Wenger and let other stuff be?
To be honest, there isn't any instructions in the OP to refrain from discussing Wenger's tenure--that's the whole tenure, and not just the good bits. This thread wasn't meant to be a shrine ffs.

What is this, RAWK? :lol: Still can't decipher what EDL stands for either...

To be honest, there isn't any instructions in the OP to refrain from discussing Wenger's tenure--that's the whole tenure, and not just the good bits. This thread wasn't meant to be a shrine ffs.

What is this, RAWK? :lol: Still can't decipher what EDL stands for either...

I don't read your posts. But here is a picture of a cat!

c28572a66086d485836297ce782a971d.jpg

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Has it never occurred to you that Wenger had a boss telling him to calm the waters when addressing the fans because the owner wasn't prepared to splash the cash????

While I mostly disagree with Jury's points here, I actually do think a lot of the quality vs. money argument came from Wenger himself. I do believe his two biggest mistakes were a) not willing to accept the reality of the modern market, in which a player who cost 10m 3 years ago and who in your mind isn't worth more than 10m, now suddenly cost 20m. And while Arsenal later spent big on the likes of Özil, Alexis, Lacazette, Auba or even Xhaka, I never really felt Wenger got his head around this completely, I felt he later was okay to spend on known quality, but still kept to his own idea on value especially in regards to smaller transfers.

And b) I think not refreshing his coaching staff including the Scouting over vast periods of time was the second big mistake. You might include not hiring a replacement for Dein, but on the other hand that's actually clearly in the competences of the CEO, Gazidis. But we all know about that guy's ineptitude. That guy was hiding behind Wenger more than anyone, and only felt the heat and need to actually do something once it was clear Arsène's tenure was coming to an end and all eyes would be on him in that case.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Strange how he's not back in management yet. Didn't he say he'd be back in January? o_O

I think he's coming to the sad realisation that none of the top clubs want him anymore, the last few years at Arsenal damaged his reputation. 10 years ago if clubs like Juve were without a manager, or as you saw with Real their situation during the season, he'd have been contacted straight away. Now it seems like he'll have to take a major step down to get back into management and I don't think he wants to do that.

I mean he's decent at the punditry thing so maybe he should stick to that.

TheEconomist

Established Member
There's Thea very good article with Amy Lawrence out today.

He said he's enjoying his time away from football and is thinking about coming back to football in a a different capacity. It genuinely sounds like he's enjoying life now. He's out running 10km a day , volunteering for charity work, investing in a football sports science company and keeping himself busy. Very impressive for a man his age, and I'm glad he's taking some time to enjoy life

Latest posts+

Top Bottom