• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't know the full complexity of his tactics but they were very idealistic in a sense that it required both players of supreme technical qualities and high football intelligence, while also seemingly requiring players of the Vieira ilk to problem solve themselves on the pitch for his philosophy to work to the extent it did from 97-05. Basically constant movement, third man runs, quick passing.

I think it's also fair to say that most of his tactics were assuming that his team would be on the front foot most of the time or at least that they'd get the ball quickly from the opposition and that we never really prepared for what happens when the opposition bypasses our press, hits us on the counter or has us penned in.
I'm sure I've read countless times that the he relied heavily on player intelligence and problem solving.. I think it was Keown or Adams who said Wenger wasn't big on tactics, and basically relied on the players to perform well enough to impose their quality and 'instructions', which was, as you say, passing and movement; just execute what they were best at. And they were the best at it. If that's all true I've no problem with that, because it worked a lot of the time. There were times when it looked to require for a bit more, though. That plan A was some plan A when it worked. We just lacked a bit of flexibility... or discipline? They had such big balls, they probably ignored him a lot of the time.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

31a6fa0f-4dd7-4def-b73c-f7dc98b37cce.png

Merci Wenger

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Arsenal was the first English side to defeat Real Madrid and Juventus away from home. The club was also the first to win against both Milanese teams: Internazionale and Milan at the San Siro. Goalkeeper Jens Lehmann kept ten consecutive clean sheets in the run-in to the 2006 UEFA Champions League Final; the defence went 995 minutes until conceding a goal.

Without tactics. Yikes.

Merci Wenger

Man I was watching all those record-breaking moments in Cl and always believed it's a sign. Wenger needed just those tiny margins and it would all be different today.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
31a6fa0f-4dd7-4def-b73c-f7dc98b37cce.png

Merci Wenger
Come on man he’s just farted. The British rags said anything to make Arsenal look bad. It’s been going on for years.

It’s the same with Brexit, anything to make the EU look like the USSR. But our new Prime Minister announces £9bn tax cuts for the rich and you’re lucky if it gets a mention, even though our National Debt has doubled in the nine years the ‘right’ have been in power.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Come on man he’s just farted. The British rags said anything to make Arsenal look bad. It’s been going on for years.

It’s the same with Brexit, anything to make the EU look like the USSR. But our new Prime Minister announces £9bn tax cuts for the rich and you’re lucky if it gets a mention, even though our National Debt has doubled in the nine years the ‘right’ have been in power.
They were laughing at a pitch invader.

say yes

forum master baiter
Whats the crack with you? Constantly bashing Wenger, an Arsenal legend, who’s done so much for the club, yet you’re quick to suck off Emery every 2 minutes. Bizarre.

Think you must be confusing me with somebody else. Big fan of Wengz, an Arsenal legend as you say. Sad that he clung on and tarnished his legacy years after he was finished at the top level though.

Don’t suck off Emery either. He wasn’t my choice of manager at all but, now that he’s here, I’m determined to give him a fair crack of the whip.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Talk Sport DOCUMENTARY 31/07/2019
Ian Wright, Arsène Wenger and Clinton Morrison explore the incredible ‘South London Talent Factory’ in new talkSPORT documentary

You say to me there are areas where people are more hungry for success than others,” the Frenchman said, “and I say yes.

“And we have exactly the same phenomenon in France.

“In Paris, 60 per cent of players come from areas where you have more immigrants than other areas, because it is a way to be successful in life.

“Sport is only based on merit; it is the only social activity where if you are good, you play. No matter where you come from, no matter the name of your father… if you are good, you play.

We have to continue to encourage that.”

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol: You’re glorifying total sh!thouses.

The team Fergie won his last title with were far from sh*t, no matter how good of a manager you are you can't win the league with rubbish. That Man United team had a brilliant back 5 and great attack, the midfield was suspect though.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The team Fergie won his last title with were far from sh*t, no matter how good of a manager you are you can't win the league with rubbish. That Man United team had a brilliant back 5 and great attack, the midfield was suspect though.
RVP was in peak form during that period. Almost unplayable. It’s only the usual anti Wenger blather. ‘Wenger could only get top 4 with a great team, but Fergie won the league with total sh!thouses. Wenger never had any tactics though, just told them to go out and **** about’. :lol:

Top Bottom