• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They did something decent, they always made top 4 and won numerous FA Cups. They just couldn't break the dominance of the oligarch clubs spending 1o or 11 times what Arsenal did.

After 2015/16 when Wenger finished 2nd, he matched Klopp even with all the fan unrest on his back. They finished only 1 point apart. Wenger winning yet another cup too.

After that, the rest is history. Klopp was given a massive present in the sale of Coutinho and Wenger and his team were finished off with planes, boycotts, social media rants, and protests which paralysed the club. And here we are.

You're blaming the fans and such instead of the 75m spent on Mustafi and Xhaka for example? Get a grip mate.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're blaming the fans and such instead of the 75m spent on Mustafi and Xhaka for example? Get a grip mate.
You're crazy if you think all those planes flying overhead, shouting rants on social media, protests at the stadium and boycotts had no effect on the results. Mourinho only had to say few things to upset the players and Chelsea dropped like a stone.

Players need to play with freedom and be relaxed. It's not an easy league.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
You're crazy if you think all those planes flying overhead, shouting rants on social media, protests at the stadium and boycotts had no effect on the results. Mourinho only had to say few things to upset the players and Chelsea dropped like a stone.

I'm so glad the plane and all the unrest did do something
Proud to say I donated for the plane
**** Modern Arsenal
10th

ha ha

scytheavatar

Established Member

You're crazy if you think all those planes flying overhead, shouting rants on social media, protests at the stadium and boycotts had more effect on the results than us spending all our money on mid table level players.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You're crazy if you think all those planes flying overhead, shouting rants on social media, protests at the stadium and boycotts had more effect on the results than us spending all our money on mid table level players.
They both contributed. That's why we're where we are. There's no doubt the club and Wenger panicked in those last two years. The buying was awful and he even tried to switch tactics to suit the teams we were playing, becoming a reactive manager like Emery.

What worries me is Arteta is doing something similar. By his own admission he's playing 3 at the back to suit the personnel. He needs a really good transfer window in order to play the way he wants.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm so glad the plane and all the unrest did do something
Proud to say I donated for the plane
**** Modern Arsenal
10th

ha ha
So you did your bit to bring Wenger down after years of top 4 stability and return us to the ups/downs and being mid table. Well it's worked. Well done.

EinmalImmerEwig

So you did your bit to bring Wenger down after years of top 4 stability and return us to the ups/downs and being mid table. Well it's worked. Well done.
Why Thank You kindly, my good man.
If I could have done more, I would have. There were so many plans... some really good ones, sadly most other protesters didn't favour direct action. Of course the ultimate goal is to get rid of Kroenke, and that can only be achieved by having the Arsenal turn into an unattractive possession, so that he sells up, one which the current team are very ably carrying out.
I wish them all the best of British and Godspeed.

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
It's going to be incredibly difficult to get rid of Kroenke, unfortunately.

Incidentally, is anyone aware of the impact no fans at games will have on Arsenal financially (should behind closed doors continue for the whole of the next projected season)?

Are season tickets paid up for regardless and the money in the pocket of the club? What percentage is the club reliant on the remainder (e.g. do general sale make up 50% of the fanbase and can, therefore, only be determined on the day of the game?)

All in all, closed doors football could be the very scenario that sees Kroenke sell due to being an unattractive possession

EinmalImmerEwig

It's going to be incredibly difficult to get rid of Kroenke

All in all, closed doors football could be the very scenario that sees Kroenke sell due to being an unattractive possession
He's never sold a franchise yet, but Arsenal are very reliant on match day revenue.
25% of Arsenal's income is gate receipts. The highest in the League.

The Arsenal Supporters Trust estimate that a season behind closed doors will cost the club around £144m, and that under positive assumption of qualifying for Europe & no loss of broadcast revenues

Losing to Chelsea FC in the Cup Final would also lose the Club a possible £40 to £50 million, so it's up for grabs now!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why Thank You kindly, my good man.
If I could have done more, I would have. There were so many plans... some really good ones, sadly most other protesters didn't favour direct action. Of course the ultimate goal is to get rid of Kroenke, and that can only be achieved by having the Arsenal turn into an unattractive possession, so that he sells up, one which the current team are very ably carrying out.
I wish them all the best of British and Godspeed.
I'm all behind that ultimate goal but with a couple of caveats: lets not turn Arsenal into Wimbeldon in order to do it, and lets not go from frying pan to fire by selling to the Russian mafia or worse a sheikh rattle and roll from a country with human rights issues.

:lol: Pack it in man. Kos came in 2010 and was still here 9 years later. It takes years to build a squad. By 2013 when the purse strings were relaxed a little our squad was well behind the top 6 for spend.

We never caught up the top teams. Those three years you mentioned, City spent more in one of those years than us in all 3. CIES publish the cost of all 25 players in squads every year and Wenger got up to 5th by the time he left.

You only think Arsenal spent stupid money because you're comparing it to the pocket money your dad's giving you. :lol:

Thanks! And if u were looking for a brother in arms defending Arsène, I'm here lolol

I'm mostly with you on the subject but one damning bit of evidence is that even tho we weren't spending stupid money like the oil ****s or lolpool who won the Barca lottery money with the coutinho sale, our wages were still quite high. I've always viewed that as a side effect of Wenger purchasing cheap guys and turning them into valuable assets that clubs around the world wanted. We had to pay some of those guys big wages to keep them, and of course our English core were guys that we paid no transfer fee's on, or very little. So that money was spent on wages.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thanks! And if u were looking for a brother in arms defending Arsène, I'm here lolol

I'm mostly with you on the subject but one damning bit of evidence is that even tho we weren't spending stupid money like the oil ****s or lolpool who won the Barca lottery money with the coutinho sale, our wages were still quite high. I've always viewed that as a side effect of Wenger purchasing cheap guys and turning them into valuable assets that clubs around the world wanted. We had to pay some of those guys big wages to keep them, and of course our English core were guys that we paid no transfer fee's on, or very little. So that money was spent on wages.

In his last 4 years apart from Alexis who did Wenger buy and turn into an asset? Because the list of dross he spent money on is pretty damning.

In his last 4 years apart from Alexis who did Wenger buy and turn into an asset? Because the list of dross he spent money on is pretty damning.

The transfers from January 2015 on were all StatDNA and Gazidis signings. Wenger's last big signing was Alexis who we bought for 35m and coulda sold for 60m if we weren't **** ups in the transfer market. When Wenger was fully in charge he had a philosophy that worked. We only really started suffering in 2015 after we bought StatDNA . Wenger wanted Griezmann, KDB, and VVD in their early years and StatDNA told him no lmao.

He bought Yaya Sanogo and turned him into a lamp post.
Yeah but this was the genius of Arsène. If Sanogo flopped, which he did, it qas fine because we barely spent any money on him and guys like him. Low risk high reward. These are still the types of guys we should be signing. Not the Torreiras/Lacas/Xhaka's of the world which cost a decent chunk of change and then have a pretty decent probability they aren't good enough for the club. Now with Arsène gone tho I dunno if we have the ability to nurture talent like we once did.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Absolutely correct. Our wage bill was always crazy.

Take 2015/16 Wenger's last year before he was hamstrung. The City squad was £420m, ours was not far off half at £250m but the City wages were only £193m, ours were £192m ffs.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but this was the genius of Arsène. If Sanogo flopped, which he did, it qas fine because we barely spent any money on him and guys like him. Low risk high reward. These are still the types of guys we should be signing. Not the Torreiras/Lacas/Xhaka's of the world which cost a decent chunk of change and then have a pretty decent probability they aren't good enough for the club. Now with Arsène gone tho I dunno if we have the ability to nurture talent like we once did.
Yeah, we bought Guendouzi who looked like a young Pirlo in the making. Emery over played him when he wasn't anywhere near ready and now we've p!ssed him off somehow. If that's nurturing, I'm Diego Maradona.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom