• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

download.jpg

QC2-Wenger.jpg

Wemger-QC-3.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I find it fascinating that you need somebody to blame for Wenger being sacked, and pick out those two... It’s beyond funny and just fascinating now. And then there’s the fact that you are forgetting that you also wanted him gone which, irrespective of who you think helped push him out, is exactly what you’ve got.

Its exactly what you wanted, and got :lol:

If he could @Makingtrax would still have Wenger here well into his 80's. The kid seems to be so oblivious to the fact that Arsène was actually quite an older gentlemen. Things had to change at some point.

After sleeping on things I realise that any manager with this group of players is going to suffer. And until all those players are gone you can't truly start a rebuild. Arteta will be a good manager, but this is probably the hardest job you can take as a first ever job in management.

Good managers who can implement what they want and get their messages across in training shouldnt need to be barking orders all the time. Again I seen Willock looking towards the bench to see if he was being told to press or not.

Players are sick of the barking on the bench. Arteta is taking the fun out of the game. He is worse than Emery and he has lost the dressing room.

I think his decision to omit Özil has been a huge factor in them turning against him.

We've seen that he can implement what he wants, this is the problem. Not many managers would be able to go into training with Mustafi, Sok, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Laca and co still there and build something. I mean whats the point, Mikel may as well leave now if most of those names are going to be here next summer.

Blame the manager constantly all you want, but he actually started to turn this dire group into something fairly respectable.

If you individually go through our squad 85% of them shouldn't be here or aren't good enough. Its almost unmanageable.

Jack Russell

If he could @Makingtrax would still have Wenger here well into his 80's. The kid seems to be so oblivious to the fact that Arsène was actually quite an older gentlemen. Things had to change at some point.
It’s quite disturbing to think a man would happily see a battle weary pensioner who’d given so much already, make himself physically ill and risk an early death just so they could win an argument on the internet.

And they say we hated him... ?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

After sleeping on things I realise that any manager with this group of players is going to suffer. And until all those players are gone you can't truly start a rebuild. Arteta will be a good manager, but this is probably the hardest job you can take as a first ever job in management.

We've seen that he can implement what he wants, this is the problem. Not many managers would be able to go into training with Mustafi, Sok, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Laca and co still there and build something. I mean whats the point, Mikel may as well leave now if most of those names are going to be here next summer.

Blame the manager constantly all you want, but he actually started to turn this dire group into something fairly respectable.

He never turned this group into anything.

He had a free hit last season. 0 pressure. 0 expectation. He did OK in the league. He smashed and grabbed city in the semi final and he beat 10 men Chelsea in the final. He won a game against Liverpool who were not at their best in the league.

Start of this season. He brings in Willian who he really likes. Signs Gabriel. Gets Partey (why we waited to the 11th hour suggests he was not number 1 target).

However the team has gone backwards. And fast. How can you say hes implementing something when he doesnt know his best 11. When we dont create. When we arent good defensively.

Arteta was on the end of lady luck last season. This season lady luck has run out and hes being shown for what he is. A man learning on the job. Every single one of those players looks lost. That's on the manager.

Btw Emery finished 5th and a EL final with those players you mentioned. Artetas 14th. Emery was sacked this time last year in 8th position. I repeat Artetas 14th.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I find it fascinating that you need somebody to blame for Wenger being sacked, and pick out those two... It’s beyond funny and just fascinating now. And then there’s the fact that you are forgetting that you also wanted him gone which, irrespective of who you think helped push him out, is exactly what you’ve got.

Its exactly what you wanted, and got :lol:
Only idiots would think a team spending 5th getting continuous top 4 was a sackable offence. Particularly as the manager’s huge wealth of experience and guile was the only thing between clueless owners and mid table obscurity

I tried my best to explain it on here, but nobody would listen. :lol:You all got caught up in the hype. “Any manager could get could top 4 with Arsenal”

And some like you and @HairSprayGooners still believe all that nonsense about decline. This is what decline really looks like.:lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Only idiots would think a team spending 5th getting continuous top 4 was a sackable offence. Particularly as the manager’s huge wealth of experience and guile was the only thing between clueless owners and mid table obscurity

I tried my best to explain it on here, but nobody would listen. :lol:You all got caught up in the hype. “Any manager could get could top 4 with Arsenal”

And you some like you and @HairSprayGooners still believe all that nonsense about decline. This is what decline really looks like.:lol:

We've had this convo so many times, you always shy away from my main question.

Arsène Wenger was working miracles when he couldn't spend much money. We were spending way less than everyone else, agreed.

So how come when he started spending good money did he decline? Surely, by your logic, we should've started fighting for the title when the club allowed Arsène to spend £150M between 13-15. So what happened?

Kav

Established Member

Arsène Wenger was working miracles when he couldn't spend much money. We were spending way less than everyone else, agreed.

So how come when he started spending good money did he decline? Surely, by your logic, we should've started fighting for the title when the club allowed Arsène to spend £150M between 13-15. So what happened?

He got 3rd in 2014/15
Then 2nd in 2015/16. That’s what happened.
What’s interesting is that the results and performances went up a notch after the acquisition of Özil and Sanchez. No surprise there.

There was the obvious decline in his last season though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He got second in 2015.

That’s what happened.

So you're telling me in 2015, after signing Alexis Sanchez and co, spending £107M. Its acceptable to go from 75 points to 71, roll into second because Sp**s bottled the final games and finish TEN, yes TEN points behind Leicester?

Surely anyone with a decent enough brain can see that spending £107M after finishing on 75 points in the season before should lead to a higher point tally? In fact looking at it that way its embarrassing that Arsène didn't win the title that season ahead of Leicester after spending £107M.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The decline was in your head. This is what real decline looks like not 4th to 3rd to 2nd . . Oh let’s sack the manager!

Kav

Established Member
So you're telling me in 2015, after signing Alexis Sanchez and co, spending £107M. Its acceptable to go from 75 points to 71, roll into second because Sp**s bottled the final games and finish TEN, yes TEN points behind Leicester?

Surely anyone with a decent enough brain can see that spending £107M after finishing on 75 points in the season before should lead to a higher point tally? In fact looking at it that way its embarrassing that Arsène didn't win the title that season ahead of Leicester after spending £107M.

You asked a question, I answered it. No need to get your panties all In a bunch.

Secondly you are evidently trolling because every top 6 team stunk out the league that year. City, Chelsea, Man U all spent millions more than we did and came below us with less points!

So that makes your argument irrelevant. That was just a freak year that had everything fall in place for Leicester. Sometimes you just have to accept somethings in life and move on.

Thirdly we got Sanchez in 2014 not 2015. Özil came in 2013. The build and spending by Wenger was spread out over those few seasons. It’s not like he had it all at once and it’s not like he was dumb enough to spend 72m on Pepe like the current regime. Anyway I’m not going to get drawn into your circular arguments as I’ve been there before.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You asked a question, I answered it. No need to get your panties all In a bunch.

Secondly you are evidently trolling because every top 6 team stunk out the league that year. City, Chelsea, Man U all spent millions more than we did and came below us with less points!

So that makes your argument irrelevant. That was just a freak year that had everything fall in place for Leicester. Sometimes you just have to accept somethings in life and move on.

Thirdly we got Sanchez in 2014 not 2015. Özil came in 2013. The build and spending by Wenger was spread out over those few seasons. It’s not like he had it all at once and it’s not like he was dumb enough to spend 72m on Pepe like the current regime. Anyway I’m not going to get drawn into your circular arguments as I’ve been there before.

Having an opinion giving factual evidence is now deemed as trolling because @Kav disagrees with well thought out points against his beloved Wenger. Brilliant mate.

The thing is you didn't really answer my question at all. And this is for @Makingtrax as well. From when we started spending we started dropping points, points are a more important indicator than league position. Other teams around us can have bad seasons going through many different managers leading to lower league position.

Point tally is a good indicator because it'll show an improvement. When Arsène started spending good money to improve the team he could never manage over 80 points, that in itself is a decline.

Kav

Established Member
Having an opinion giving factual evidence is now deemed as trolling because @Kav disagrees with well thought out points against his beloved Wenger. Brilliant mate.

The thing is you didn't really answer my question at all. And this is for @Makingtrax as well. From when we started spending we started dropping points, points are a more important indicator than league position. Other teams around us can have bad seasons going through many different managers leading to lower league position.

Point tally is a good indicator because it'll show an improvement. When Arsène started spending good money to improve the team he could never manage over 80 points, that in itself is a decline.
I showed you that your argument did not hold up.
We spend money in 2013 and 2014.

our results improved yet you want to deny this fact. We came in 3 in 2014/15 then got second 2015/16. Those are improvement and you want to ignore them because they do not suit your argument about a decline.

Had you been an honest person you would have said yes we improved our league position during those years you mentioned Kav but the in 2016/17 and 2017/18 we fell down how do you explain this?

However you’ve shown yourself as a disingenuous posters so I refuse to be drawn into an argument with you when you do blatantly deny facts that happened because they do not suit you.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I showed you that your argument did not hold up.
We spend money in 2013 and 2014.

our results improved yet you want to deny this fact. We came in 3 in 2014/15 then got second 2015/16. Those are improvement and you want to ignore them because they do not suit your argument about a decline.

Had you been an honest person you would have said yes we improved our league position during those years you mentioned Kav but the in 2016/17 and 2017/18 we fell down how do you explain this?

However you’ve shown yourself as a disingenuous posters so I refuse to be drawn into an argument with you when you do blatantly deny facts that happened because they do not suit you.

You aren't listening to what I'm saying.

I understand that our league position improved, but how relevant is that when our point tally is going down? It is a large point tally over 80 that usually wins the title.

What is more important to you? Going from 4th, to 3rd, to 4th, to 2nd and point tally dropping, getting nowhere near a title challenge? Or simply finishing higher each year knowing you'll never have enough points to title challenge because your point tally is constantly going down?

Nobody is being disingenuous or trolling here. You prefer to look at league position as a sign of improvement. Whereas I look at point tally. Its no shock that the point total we achieved in 15/16 wasn't enough for anyone to get top 4 the season after. We hovered around 70 points without ever breaking the 80 point mark. That is what you call consistently average for a team that started to spend to improve the team. The team improved, but point totals did not? Was that due to Wenger declining? Probably.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I and other posters have explained this to you. We did not decline on points. Arsenal maintained a 73 point average all the way through the stadium build. 2 of the last three years above average.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I and other posters have explained this to you. We did not decline on points. Arsenal maintained a 73 point average all the way through the stadium build. 2 of the last three years above average.

I'm not talking about the stadium build ffs. That is fair enough i've already said to you multiple times what we did during the stadium build was exemplary from Wenger.

Its the time from 13 onwards, point tally stayed in that 70 range despite us spending more money, so how does that work out? We started spending and improving the team after not doing it for years yet point tally stayed the same or declined?

Surely even you can see that we spent more money but the manager started to decline therefore points were staying the same, the spend was actually keeping his head above water by improving the team but it was going down hill fast.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Listening to some among our fan base, we should have replaced Wenger with Owen ****ing Coyle...where is he now? Coaching Jamshedpur FC, who apparantly ended 8th in the Indian Super League.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I just can't fathom what comes out of @Makingtrax sometimes :lol::lol:

He has just said that Wenger beat a team, which in Wengers early years resembled Newcastle United, pretty regularly. Using the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and co... and then Fabregas and co. Wow good job bro :lol:

Now Sp**s, who haven't had any form of gargantuan spend over the years, we've spent way more, are quite far above us and have been for a couple of years now and you're saying its because Wenger left? Give yourself a shake dear lord.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom