<

Merci Arsène

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by kraphtous, Apr 20, 2018.

1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Fair play to Wenger and the club for announcing this now and not waiting to see if we win the EL or not. I'm happy but I'm not going to shout and cheer about it due to respect for the man that brought this club so much success on and off the field, and brought me and many others so many great memories.

Merci Arséne, bring on the statue!

HollandGooner likes this.
  2. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

It is the right decision. I don't think there is much doubt about that. Both for the club and for Wenger.

I wish him the very best.

Brown Gooner and Gooner Zig like this.
  3. AL the gooner

AL the gooner Questionable film taste

Will forever be grateful for what Wenger did for my club.
    Excited about what happens next.

4. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Also RIP DT and Troopz. Built a life out of ripping on Arsène. Now its back to the projects lads.

5. Kobi

Kobi I Know Who You Are

It's funny, I know it's the right decision, I know it had to happen but now that it has I just feel sad and empty.
    His two biggest problems were doing too well too soon and putting too much faith in players who didn't warrant it, he needed to be a bit more ruthless.

He gave me the privilege of watching some of the best football (and players) live every week for a decade and for that I am grateful.

I would genuinely love to see him go to PSG and win the Champions League, the biggest possible 'f*ck you' to some of our 'fans' and their braindead TV channel.

Goodbye Arsène, thank you for everything.

carlito'sway likes this.
  6. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

Classy from Stan as well.

7. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

Sad day for all of us, not everybody will admit it publicly though.

Sad day for MU, MC, CFC, THFC fans.

Sad day for our locker room... it's the end of tolerating the laziness, lack of responsibility, protection from the coach.

Thank you AW!

8. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything Arsène! You will ve missed. The next manager has hell of a shoes to fill. No doubt in my mind that the decision is right for Arsène to step down but I'm definitely expecting some difficult times before we find the next right man for the job. Weird mixture of feelings: sadness, positive excitement and anxiety

9. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Pretty sure he would know though .

Gooner Zig and Rimaal like this.
  10. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Let's see how much the players love him. Will they beat Athltico for him and give him a proper send off?

11. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Most Well-Known Member

Well written by Stan's people..

Taxi Driver, Gooner Zig and celestis like this.
  12. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Pretty sure he knew before signing.

13. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

We all have our time in life and it was probably overdue depending on your point of view him leaving. I felt he lost his edge as he would say in his own words ‘top top level’.

But it should never detract from what a truly brilliant man he is, the incredible things he achieved and the service he has given.

He is a genuine cast iron legend and in my opinion the greatest Arsenal manager of all time. I have nothing but love and respect for the man and thank him for some the best memories I have experienced following the Arsenal. We should all celebrate this wonderful man and look forward to hopefully a new and exciting future.

14. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Nobody here ever claimed you had a heart so don't worry.,

15. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

This is the most painful news I've heard in a very long time. Honestly not about this. Football is never going to be the same after this.

Man this really hurts.

SA Gunner likes this.
  16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

You legend.

Just paid about 200% of face value for tickets to Burnley at home. Worth every goddamn penny.

17. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

It is the right decision, he should have left after one of the FA Cup wins and avoided this sad twilight.

But he has been the best manager in our history. I have been a fan for forty-five years and whilst IO also respect George Graham for the work he did in making us a big club again and winning trophies, the joy of winning or at least competing and playing beautiful football which the teams in the first half or so of his tenure brought me and many fans surpassed George's efforts.

I for one had a speck in my eyes when I heard the news, even if I agree with it. Those who insult the fallen idol, those without respect.... trash for me. Call themselves what they will.

Blixa and Jackie_Treehorn like this.
  18. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

And this could be the reason why Özil signed. For all we know.

Rimaal likes this.
  19. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Lucky, I'm looking for tickets for that game too, would love to go no matter how expensive..

20. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

At least he gets a farewell tour.

Would have been disappointing if he was unceremoniously discarded at the end of the season with all this negativity swirling around.

All things considered, he wouldn't have deserved that.

SA Gunner and celestis like this.