• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Zaza

Yeah I'd rather have Wenger back. We have no identity, conceding goals left and right...what has changed?? People were getting excited and celebrating a draw against Liverpool at HOME as a sign of progress...look at us now?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I’d like to think Arséne comes on the Merci . . thread occasionally, while he sits on his sun lounger sipping his nutribullet avocado and grape juice. So here’s my message, “N’accepte pas ce travail, Arséne”.

Edit: Just seen the above post, must have posted almost simultaneously. Can sleep now.
I had a vision of him approaching on a ship.... ferry cross the Merci.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

gb1u2ulw0ha21.jpg

Hope Arsène is a proud father right now.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

The two main reasons I liked and followed almost regularly Arsenal matches and PL in general:

1 Granit

2 Wenger

One on the reasons is not there, I don't mind if Granit leaves now, too. Then, hasta la vista emerysenal. It is not that I hate Emery, you just cant like some people I guess.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The two main reasons I liked and followed almost regularly Arsenal matches and PL in general:

1 Granit

2 Wenger

One on the reasons is not there, I don't mind if Granit leaves now, too. Then, hasta la vista emerysenal. It is not that I hate Emery, you just cant like some people I guess.
Basically you're a plastic fan with no taste or loyalty. Cool, Got it...
We did know that already though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I miss the unity Wenger brought to the fans.
Wenger was a great manager bro, but too many of our fans took top 4, the last 16 of CL and winning FA Cups for granted and mocked him mercilessly for it.

It started about 2010 and grew slowly until the planes, protests, memes and boycotts in the last two years of his tenure.

Was that unity?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of the things I loved most about Wenger was his press conference style.

Always had a smile somewhere and a witty joke. The reporters always laughed easily, you could tell they loved him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wenger was a great manager bro, but too many of our fans took top 4, the last 16 of CL and winning FA Cups for granted and mocked him mercilessly for it.

It started about 2010 and grew slowly until the planes, protests, memes and boycotts in the last two years of his tenure.

Was that unity?

He's being facetious though Trax:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If I was Kroenke I'd hire Wenger back to oversee things at the Club. ATM we need someone who has Arsenal in his best interest.

I’d do that as well, like when Cruyff post managerial career was brought back to Ajax as technical director.

He’s responsible for much of the modern “Arsenal way” that we recognise at the club today. If we had someone working with him on scouting that’d be amazing.

He has so much respect in the football world, we had a shot at Mbappe almost solely because of him. He’d convince a lot of signings.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
One of the things I loved most about Wenger was his press conference style.

Always had a smile somewhere and a witty joke. The reporters always laughed easily, you could tell they loved him.
Same here. Never bother watching Emerys and it`s not only because he`s still doesn`t matter the Language. Likeable guy but the bland in the same way most managers are these days.
Arsène was always Worth listening to no matter what the subject was.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I’d do that as well, like when Cruyff post managerial career was brought back to Ajax as technical director.

He’s responsible for much of the modern “Arsenal way” that we recognise at the club today. If we had someone working with him on scouting that’d be amazing.

He has so much respect in the football world, we had a shot at Mbappe almost solely because of him. He’d convince a lot of signings.

Attractive idea but you can bet he would, one more time, have to shoulder all the blame when results don't follow right away, as the man in charge.
I am not sure he would like to be at the short end of that vitriol and hate again in his life.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I fully agree , it's a no brainer in that regard , one of the brightest brains in football . Plus you know he's above board . Raul is regarded as very good too but you can't shake the feeling we might get caught up with some transfer scandal down the track .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Attractive idea but you can bet he would, one more time, have to shoulder all the blame when results don't follow right away, as the man in charge.
I am not sure he would like to be at the short end of that vitriol and hate again in his life.

One of Wenger’s most impressive characteristics imo is his resilience. Even with almost complete full scale fan rebellion towards the end he still didn’t waver from his principals, and you could still see he retained the respect of the dressing room.

Also I’d hope fans after time would realise the great things he’s done for this club and how it’s better for us to have someone like him involved.

Top Bottom