• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of Wenger’s most impressive characteristics imo is his resilience. Even with almost complete full scale fan rebellion towards the end he still didn’t waver from his principals, and you could still see he retained the respect of the dressing room.

Also I’d hope fans after time would realise the great things he’s done for this club and how it’s better for us to have someone like him involved.
His resilience knew no bounds, until the last couple of years, when the ferocity of the campaign against him made players looked genuinely nervous on the pitch.

No amount of belief in one man can overcome a sunami of doubt.

WestWing

Dw9z5WIX4AAiT-f.jpg:large

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Nothing in it.

But one has the full support of fans and other was playing against a very hostile ethos.

Both playing with worse odds than City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and to some extent Sp**s due to the overall quality of the whole squad.

Mraven

It's practically the same team bar a few changes, the manager can only do so much. Let's see what his third season here does. I'm fully expecting us to beat the likes of West Ham comfortably then. If we've made no progress by then, let's find someone who can.

Come on. Three of our best performers were not here at this time last season. Auba, Torreira and Sokratis. I'll give Emery time, but so far he has not been an upgrade at all

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Come on. Three of our best performers were not here at this time last season. Auba, Torreira and Sokratis. I'll give Emery time, but so far he has not been an upgrade at all

He still has to deal with many of Wenger's players and how they think and play. He was manager for 22 years.

Emery can't change the entire team in half a year even though we want him to. Let's see in a couple of seasons whether we made progress.

ptrcopp

Obviously there’s nothing in that. Which makes me think Wenger would have been doing really better with the same signings over the summer.

However, it also shows how impressive Emery has been. The players are getting used to him and his system.

What a great performance today. Simialr to Sp**s.

It makes me think: why can’t we perform like this always?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It's practically the same team bar a few changes, the manager can only do so much. Let's see what his third season here does. I'm fully expecting us to beat the likes of West Ham comfortably then. If we've made no progress by then, let's find someone who can.

His third season?

Surely you mean his second?

Peterq

Wenger could buy two of them couple seasons ago but choose not to. That was the main problem ;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger could buy two of them couple seasons ago but choose not to. That was the main problem ;)
Nobody has any idea who he was or wasn’t able to buy or what money he had available. It’s all speculation.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arsène never had respect for wingers or the out wide position. He would always play number 10's there or try with Walcott for years even though everyone knew that wasn't it. He seemed to think any striker or midfielder could play there.

So why didn't Arsène ever like actual wingers, was it the success of Pires that convinced him a number 10 type play would be better out wide?

Top Bottom