• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Seriously, imagine being able to have diner or a drink with someone like him...

Yup some of the things he has said in the last 20 years in interview are gems .
"Concentrate on your strengths not your weaknesses , still use it as a cornerstone of how I approach things and I got it free from a Wenger presser ffs .

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It is infuriating listening to Wenger trying to paint explanations on Ramsey situation and Özil.

It is because of him and Gazidis that fvck it up. There is no way that a player like Özil was worth 100million. Nobody out there besides a Chinese or Arab team would have paid him 350K a week.

The only reason Ramsey has been allowed to leave is due to the fact that we overpaid for Özil.

FFS
IMO the Özil contract is all on Gazidis. Wenger wanted to keep him but not at any price. That doesn't tie in with his handling of contracts throughout his time here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I am seriously envious of the fans who witnessed Areenal between 1997 and 2004
It was magical. Felt like Arsenal against the world at times. The rivalry against Utd was phenomenal, a manager in his pomp, great players etc.

Watching guys like Anelka emerge with his pace and cold finishing ffs, unreal stuff.

Not going to happen again, I chased it, nearly thought I had it with Cesc, RvP etc, but didn’t happen. Have come to accept those days are gone, life is about moments, so is sports, when the moment is gone, it’s gone.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
life is about moments, so is sports, when the moment is gone, it’s gone.
images

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I am seriously envious of the fans who witnessed Areenal between 1997 and 2004
Looking back, I can say that it was incredible and even more so because it was a new experience for all Gooners. The 1998 double followed by Vieira and Petit combining to score in the WC final topped a fantastic summer. Utd spoiled the next three years somewhat but the players we had and the football we played from 2002 to 2004 was simply awesome culminating in our Invincible season. I had nerves for every single match but confidence in Wenger and the team to do something good. Just seeing the players walk on to the pitch gave me a feeling of being indestructible. We weren't perfect but the last glory for the Graham defence and the new era of Wengerball was something that made me proud. Old traditions were still sacred and new traditions of almost total football were being created. It gets harder to remember as much as the years pass so thank God for the Internet and DVD's. As Rocastle said, "never forget" and I won't.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Apparently, Wenger may be heading to PSG to be their Sporting Director.
Good timing though, PSG just signed a new Sponsor agreement with Accor Group rumored to be close to 56 M a year. So they have solved a major hurdle with FFP.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Apparently, Wenger may be heading to PSG to be their Sporting Director.
Good timing though, PSG just signed a new Sponsor agreement with Accor Group rumored to be close to 56 M a year. So they have solved a major hurdle with FFP.

Hope he's in situ in time to see PSG boot United out of the CL

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Me too, especially 2003/4 - there must have been so many nail-biting moments alternating with absolute ecstacy

Actually invincible year almost felt like we underperformed because of what happened in the CL.

2001/2002 on the otherhand had plenty of drama. winning at Anfield when we played most of the match with 10 men was amazing . actually we won a few matches with 10 men we were so used to that happening :lol:. Bloody Sp**s on the run in was a nail biter and then euphoria when we won the league at Old Trafford .

Top Bottom