• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Actually invincible year almost felt like we underperformed because of what happened in the CL.

2001/2002 on the otherhand had plenty of drama. winning at Anfield when we played most of the match with 10 men was amazing . actually we won a few matches with 10 men we were so used to that happening :lol:. Bloody Sp**s on the run in was a nail biter and then euphoria when we won the league at Old Trafford .
You have a phenomenal memory man!

Aevi

Hale End FC
I really miss him. He was such a large reason why I started supporting the club and I'm left feeling like there's something missing these days. I'll always remember waking up and sleepily reading the twitter notification on my phone announcing his leave. I shed a tear like a proper softie lol

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I really miss him. He was such a large reason why I started supporting the club and I'm left feeling like there's something missing these days. I'll always remember waking up and sleepily reading the twitter notification on my phone announcing his leave. I shed a tear like a proper softie lol
You are not the only one. Miss his press conferences, always interesting, insightful and often funny. I still support Arsenal as much as before, will travel over from Norway for the Fifth time this year for the Utd-game, but there is certainly something missing. Sad to know that we will never have a manager that cares so deeply about the Club and its values. Saw a Clip from the last game at Highbury, the one against Wigan. Seeing Wenger at the touchline at Highbury is both lovely and sad at the same time.
Such an incredibly classy and intelligent man, don`t think we really understand how luckey we were to have him. Miss him a lot but it makes me really happy that he looks happy and healthy.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Weird isn't it ? You don't quire realise sometimes what a chunk of your life it is .
Massive man. I wasn't even double digits when he joined the club. I miss his pressers. I was all for the change and I am glad we have embarked on the transition because it had to happen at some stage. But wow, you really don't know what you have till it is gone. I now will never get to see him lead my favourite club live in person. What a shame.
This whole thing made me re-evaluate my position and stance in terms of this club.
I'm sorry Arsène, you were class, many of us never deserved you.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The "I will miss you" got me solid in the feels. Cried every time I thought about it for about a fortnight.

I often get back to watching the tribute video.

It is a simple but such a powerful message.

Then this one was also a great video from Arsenal media team.

Harz

I think he left a little too late and therefore for some his legacy will always be up for debate but honestly nobody could've done a better job than he did after the Emirates move.

The unbeaten title will forever be the crown jewel of our honors and his achievements, and considering that none of the other greats have come close, it will make him forever special.

GoonerJay24

The great Wenger! I still miss this gentleman.

The way supporters and British media treated him in his last few years here was utterly disgraceful.
Especially when you consider the amount of injuries his players had and little money compared to competitors.

Merci Arsène

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I still remember in 2013/14 when we had a very solid defence tha barely conceded until we conceded 20 vs City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton away. This personified Arsène's weakness when it came to defending and how we prepared for big games, it's why we couldn't win the CL when we were the best team in europe.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I still remember in 2013/14 when we had a very solid defence tha barely conceded until we conceded 20 vs City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton away. This personified Arséne's weakness when it came to defending and how we prepared for big games, it's why we couldn't win the CL when we were the best team in europe.
Honestly dude, get a fricken life. He's gone, it's done, get over and get over yourself.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Honestly dude, get a fricken life. He's gone, it's done, get over and get over yourself.

I'm just posting my musings, it's funny you tell me to get a life when you're on here 24/7 posting every hour. You tell me to get over myself but you reply to everything I post like an obsession, you're the one who needs to get over me, creep.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Massive man. I wasn't even double digits when he joined the club. I miss his pressers. I was all for the change and I am glad we have embarked on the transition because it had to happen at some stage. But wow, you really don't know what you have till it is gone. I now will never get to see him lead my favourite club live in person. What a shame.
This whole thing made me re-evaluate my position and stance in terms of this club.
I'm sorry Arséne, you were class, many of us never deserved you.

Classy of you as well. Kudos.

say yes

forum master baiter
Not having a go but genuinely find it amazing how important Arsène is/was for some people and how much of an impact he’s seemed to have on so many lives.

Always think of this clip (from a great film) when people get too attached to sports stars / celebs:

Wenger is a great man, he was a great manager (for a time) but I’m honestly delighted we finally got rid. He was well past it towards the end.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not having a go but genuinely find it amazing how important Arséne is/was for some people and how much of an impact he’s seemed to have on so many lives.

Always think of this clip (from a great film) when people get too attached to sports stars / celebs:

Wenger is a great man, he was a great manager (for a time) but I’m honestly delighted we finally got rid. He was well past it towards the end.
I think it is inevitable. This sport is fueled by passion and emotion.
Surely there has been at least one Arsenal player you grew really fond of?

say yes

forum master baiter
I think it is inevitable. This sport is fueled by passion and emotion.
Surely there has been at least one Arsenal player you grew really fond of?

When I was a kid yeah there were loads but I’ve grown out of that now.

Try to direct all of my passion at the club, it’s the only constant throughout all of this.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Can't you just leave it mate?

Wenger has left the club and this is the ONE thread on the forum where people can pay their respects to him and remember the good times. There have been countless other threads where people have said ad infinitum all of the negative things they wished about Wenger. You can still do that in any other thread on the forum. No one here has forgotten how things ended or the mistakes that were made along the way.

But can't we just have this one thread, just the one, to remember all the great things he has done for the club?

Latest posts

Top Bottom