• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Seems like Arsène is still very close to David Dein, the interview mentions they will go to games at the World Cup together. He also says he will make a decision on his future before the World Cup.

I would love to see him take charge of another team and succeed. Just finished watching the his last interview on Arsenal.com. Words can not express how much I respect and love this man, always will.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
An other great interview....I would happily pay for dinner & wine if I could spend a couple of hours with Arséne at a restaurant and talk about football and life! Fascinating character!

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...r-interview-emptied-desk-arsenal-mikel-arteta
Some very telling lines in that ..."I do not want to suffer anymore". "Maybe the dinosaur I became represented some of the values and ideals I hold about football". "It was nice to see the recognition for my longevity and my passion for this club"

Unbelievably smart and self-aware man. That right there sh!ts on anybody saying he is too arrogant to admit when he is wrong. This whole saga has been about him saying 'Okay, I've done what I can, sorry I could not do it the way I wanted but I seriously tried, and I tried with dignity and class'

Merci, Arsène. We know you did and it was beautiful for 99% of that time.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The only Arsenal player to be called up to the England team is a youth product of Man Utd's academy. I thought Wenger was the master of developing young talents. 22 years and 1 player for England to show for it (who he sold to our rivals for **** all). Another Wenger myth exposed. We had a better Academy in the 70s & 80s. Merci Arséne.

What a rubbish post! So Wenger's mission was to develop talent for England? :lol::lol::lol:

Gegen Pressing

In all fairness to the Kroenkes you cannot expect them to not be in this to make money, I think they may be starting to realise that success and money come hand in hand and football operates differently to their other sporting involvements.

It is quite crazy how fans expect billionaires just to write off money into football clubs they purchased as an investment. Kroenke is obviously rich but hes no oil money rich.

Kroenke's problem is a totally different ones. It's not money.
Kroenke's collect sport as "franchises" they own totally about 4-5 of them (Los Angeles Rams , NFL, Denver Nuggets ,NBA, Colorado Avalanche , NHL, Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer)
They spread themselves, and majority of these "franchises" are now bottom tier of their repective leagues.

If they focused on single one they'd be more legit and successful.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Been around since the forum had the old format.

Funny how there are absolutely no rumours about the old duffer even with all the managerial dismissals and movements going on right now. Not even Wet Spam intrested in Wenger. Almost as if everyone except you fanboys knew he was finished years ago.

Dude, why don't you craw back under your rock?

What a rubbish post! So Wenger's mission was to develop talent for England? :lol::lol::lol:
Whataboutism.

Wenger wanked away a decade on a futile youth project while his fangirls eulogized his 'youth development', it was an utter farce, looking at the lack of Arsenal products in the England squad today just drives home that fact. One of many AKB busted myths that we'll be reminded of in the incoming future. Enjoy.

CanadianGooner1608

Aww didums, am I disturbing your Wenger lovefest with some home truths. This is an Arsenal forum, I'll continue to voice my opinion on Arsenal matters and you'll continue to swallow them.

Unlike you, I wasn't here since the site had its old format. Sincerely pondering whether or not to "feed the troll", but just for the heck of it, here we go:
1. Quote me Wenger's job description, see if "building England's NT squad of the future" is in it.
2. "while his fangirls eulogized his 'youth development', it was an utter farce, looking at the lack of Arsenal products in the England squad today just drives home that fact." Now I think we established in point 1. That it wasn't his job to unearth "England" prospects, still, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Ashley Cole, and yes I'll even put Sol Campbell in it despite the fact he started at Tottenham, he had more NT selections as an Arsenal man.
3. As far as the "eulogized his 'youth development' is a farce" in itself, should we go global? Henry, Pires, RVP, Anelka, Cesc, Kolo Touré, freaking Scheszny (no matter how it ended, was brought at the age of 16 and developped by Wenger), should we mention Vieira as well?

Anyone with eyes and a sense of football sees Wenger as a mentor (just look at the outpooring from already established legends like Bergkamp, Overmars, Keown, Adams, Wright, frekkin Georges Weah to quote a few).

Being England-centric makes your judgment partial, incomplete, and of little interest, as is often the case when people make a judgment based on a lens.

Now criticism of Wenger is fair, we all did it, me too, based on his recent performances. Most (not all) agree it was time for him to go. Doesn't mean we will spit on him and forget what he did.

If you can't respect what he did for our club, even at a level where most of our rivals looked at us in envy (recruitment and development of talents), then the past 22 years must have been miserable for you as a fan while it was mostly joyous for the rest of us.
You probably won't care about my opinion and I frankly don't mind.

Don't know if other posters will feed you the same way I did, but I personally won't bother replying to anymore of your messages. I realize as I type this that I just wasted time doing so.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Been around since the forum had the old format.

Funny how there are absolutely no rumours about the old duffer even with all the managerial dismissals and movements going on right now. Not even Wet Spam intrested in Wenger. Almost as if everyone except you fanboys knew he was finished years ago.
Some people in life end up finished, some never even get started.

It's interested, by the way, not intrested.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
DdiLAcfXkAA2tqM.jpg

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Gazidis out blud, Kroenke out fam, Merci Arsène but it was time to go.

Sums up my thoughts on the matter tbh.

Our club's owners have ruined every club they owned and turned them into bottom feeders, why should arsenal be any different?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Whataboutism.

Wenger wanked away a decade on a futile youth project while his fangirls eulogized his 'youth development', it was an utter farce, looking at the lack of Arsenal products in the England squad today just drives home that fact. One of many AKB busted myths that we'll be reminded of in the incoming future. Enjoy.
My word son, you clearly know nothing about this club. Wenger implemented the most successful period of non-spending any club in the world has ever seen so that we could have a bright shiny new stadium. AND he did it with a bunch of sixteen year olds and guaranteed European football at the highest level with them. That is some feat. Name another who has done that

As for your post, THIS IS WHY I SAY BRING BACK THE LOBBY.

Hope you people know this numpty doesn't speak for all of us WOBs... Some of us genuinely understand how great Wenger is but that time had come to an end.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If you can't respect what he did for our club, even at a level where most of our rivals looked at us in envy (recruitment and development of talents), then the past 22 years must have been miserable for you as a fan while it was mostly joyous for the rest of us.
You probably won't care about my opinion and I frankly don't mind.

Imagine having to explain our most successful period in History:lol:

KROENKE SUCKS

Kroenke's problem is a totally different ones. It's not money.
Kroenke's collect sport as "franchises" they own totally about 4-5 of them (Los Angeles Rams , NFL, Denver Nuggets ,NBA, Colorado Avalanche , NHL, Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer)
They spread themselves, and majority of these "franchises" are now bottom tier of their repective leagues.

If they focused on single one they'd be more legit and successful.

Its an investment tactic. Get a hold of valuable franchises in valuable locations. Don't spend a dime and be as 'financially responsible' as you can be, i.e. don't take any risks and show any ambition. Watch the value of the club naturally grow over time thanks to inflation, even as the clubs themselves remain in limbo/mediocrity and don't achieve anything. Thats the danger of having this bum in charge. He won't take any risks and slowly see us fall behind all our rivals. It doesn't matter to him as TV and sponsorship money will still go up anyway.

KROENKE SUCKS

Wenger is still the best manager in the world. Give him an ambitious/capable board/owner and he's still capable of winning league titles/CL titles and doing historic things.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger is still the best manager in the world. Give him an ambitious/capable board/owner and he's still capable of winning league titles/CL titles and doing historic things.
I think the debate will rage on forever between Fergie and Wenger.

Fergie because of his many titles and Wenger because no other manager could have stayed competitive while spending so little.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
I did love that bow and then the skipping run away from the fans....like someone successfully having gotten rid of a swarm of mosquitoes buzzing around his head.

Top Bottom