• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
You know it's time to go when other manager who icne saw him as a threat toned down the hostility as they became to pity him, and the opposition fans start shouting ' Arséne Wenger we want you to stay'

I can't believe Wenger himself let that decline happen. If he had signed a defensive mid he would still have his job

Still got to more cup titles & won more than Pochetinno & Klopp, beat Chelsea in the semi's and was unlucky against Athletico in the EL

Sure there were numerous issues with the team especially on the defensive side but fans & pundits exaggerate when they say Wengers declined. I just never saw it that way but I'm all for change.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Still got to more cup titles & won more than Pochetinno & Klopp, beat Chelsea in the semi's and was unlucky against Athletico in the EL

Sure there were numerous issues with the team especially on the defensive side but fans & pundits exaggerate when they say Wengers declined. I just never saw it that way but I'm all for change.

How was that game unlucky? We deserved to lose it was an awful performance. First leg was our chance to win and we couldn't beat a 10 man Atletico.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
in fairness, the new manager will need to get his own space and club
How was that game unlucky? We deserved to lose it was an awful performance. First leg was our chance to win and we couldn't beat a 10 man Atletico.
coz the first leg we were unlucky. Unlucky that we sold Giroud and bought Auba who couldnt play. Unlucky that the ball just wouldnt go in.

Its okay though, you may be right. It may be that we were just an awful team than ended up in the semi final by luck.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I imagine him wishing he could turn back and suspend time and just live 2003/4 forever. As he said though, he's an Arsenal fan and he'll be rooting for Emery and us.

There's no doubt he will be. I just felt a bit sad for him yesterday. Stupid I know.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure I go along. I suspect he’s probably relieved that it’s all over, he’s been fighting a battle in recent years.

This has also been a tough job since 2005. To me he seemed pretty chilled in his final weeks, the pressure he carries with him was gone, the pressure he puts on himself and put on by others/situation.

Probably in France right now chilling with family and friends he hasn’t seen in a long time.

Wryer

A part of me felt the romantic story would have been better completed had Wenger joined the unveiling of Emery.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Not sure I go along. I suspect he’s probably relieved that it’s all over, he’s been fighting a battle in recent years.

This has also been a tough job since 2005. To me he seemed pretty chilled in his final weeks, the pressure he carries with him was gone, the pressure he puts on himself and put on by others/situation.

Probably in France right now chilling with family and friends he hasn’t seen in a long time.
I agree. I think after 2005, he was mainly doing it out of duty, and protectiveness. Had gotten so caught up in it, that now that the burden of responsibility is removed from him, he would be mostly just relieved and probably wouldnt even want to go near the place for a while.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree, I'm sure he's genuinely sad to leave Arsenal but the pressure release is clear. He'll be involved because football is in his blood but I cant see him managing again. I said a while back I can see him taking the PSG DoF role.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
The french team is really tempting for any manager right now. So much talent in this crop.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom