• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The Japanese national team might be an interesting swan song given his history there but selfishly I'd much rather see him come over here and fix football in America.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Really hope he stays in Europe, missing his wit, bravado and style already.

Come on Arsène, Hodgson is older than you and still going strong!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Really hope he stays in Europe, missing his wit, bravado and style already.

Eh? What does it matter whethere he works in or out of Europe. You can follow him in exacty the same way on social media and press regardeless of his geographic location.

But yeah, he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would wind down at 68. National role or manager of a team in an "emerging" leauge whould suit him to a tee.

Maybe he just might decide to have a break. He's sure earned it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Eh? What does it matter whethere he works in or out of Europe. You can follow him in exacty the same way on social media and press regardeless of his geographic location.

But yeah, he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would wind down at 68. National role or manager of a team in an "emerging" leauge whould suit him to a tee.

Maybe he just might decide to have a break. He's sure earned it.
Globalisation is almost there but the extent of output for Japanese football and social media stuff is still limited compared to European coverage.

Still don’t think he’ll end up in Japan though. Would like him to get a role on Sky instead of Souness.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I was messing around on the Google news archive and ran across this. Some of you may remember.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_12.40.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_12.40.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_12.41.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_12.41.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-03_at_12.42.16_PM.png

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
His biggest mistake was the Xhaka, Mustafi & Lucas transfer window.

I would love to live in the alternate universe where we sign Kante, a semi decent CB & Vardy.

Biggest mistake was the only Cech window.

But on the other hand, the transfer business has been an absolute **** show for a lot of windows. If you want to get frustrated, visit transfermarkt and look through Arsenal's windows through the years, look at what Arsenal bought for certain fees and then who else went for similar total fees.

I have to say, it does underline the impression that Arsenal "had" to sell their best assets to get funds to invest, and that most of the business was done to fill holes in the squad and replace players, but there is still **** like Ox, Gervinho, Santos, Park, Jenkinson and Campbell for a combined ~ 40m. For that combined fee and wages it would've been a lot more wise to go all in for Mata, who went for ~ 30m to Chelsea that window.

It would've made so much more sense to buy Arteta, Mertesacker, Mata and a Lichtsteiner-like signing for leftback than to spend 40m and wages on 5 or 6 garbage guys.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
come over here and fix football in America.

He should fix Europe first. If I want one person at the top of FIFA, it's Arsène Wenger. But he's not a bureacrat, not an official, but too much of a manager and an honest man to ever be considered for such a job.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He should fix Europe first. If I want one person at the top of FIFA, it's Arséne Wenger. But he's not a bureacrat, not an official, but too much of a manager and an honest man to ever be considered for such a job.

Too bad he's not eligible to become President of the United States.

Latest posts

Top Bottom