• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
There’s idiots everywhere bro, not sure nationality has much to do with it.
It's not the nationality, just the footballing culture. The ultras in Italy are insane and even in Spain, they can get quite angry. I remember not long ago fans waited for Bale to return from an away match before surrounding his car and abusing him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I have heard that. Not nearly that bad here. I was simply referring to recent outbursts by pirates fans here. If you've seen South Africans riot then you'd realise this is a cause for concern too.
But I've watched several documentaries on how brutal football hooliganism was in Britain. My cousin also experienced it first hand when travelling in Europe to watch the Gunners. Teargased etc.

Yeah I am aware can be quite a brutal place.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Sorry, what I mean is, physical violence towards a football manager is absolutely absurd. Not the fact that he may have felt threatened, that I totally understand.
Sadly, it isn't absurd at all. We have football ultras for a reason.

You just have to look at the recent happenings at Sporting to see that football fans are quite volatile.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Sadly, it isn't absurd at all. We have football ultras for a reason.

You just have to look at the recent happenings at Sporting to see that football fans are quite volatile.
there doesn't have to be any kind of rationale, absurd or not, given the number of people with serious mental health issues left to roam the streets

Last edited:

9jagooner

Arsène Wenger arrives Liberia for his award

https://www.nairaland.com/4691860/Arsène-wenger-arrives-liberia-receive

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is weird award, not a one I would think Wenger would accept unless he is just being polite.
It is weird but not if you look at Wenger the man,his beliefs and how he has conducted himself publicly and reports of his individual interactions. If Weah had failed as a footballer, he might not have had the gravitas to become president. He succeeded in no small part because of Wenger the man as well as the manager. The legend will never diminish for me. #loveArsene.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

let's hope some neo-Nazi in Germany isn't going to berate him for having his photo taken with a foreign President

I am sure the neo-nazis are ready to invade Alsace and Lorraine. The Wenger pub is in danger!

Then again there is another Germany now... Merkel got this covered.

It is weird but not if you look at Wenger the man,his beliefs and how he has conducted himself publicly and reports of his individual interactions. If Weah had failed as a footballer, he might not have had the gravitas to become president. He succeeded in no small part because of Wenger the man as well as the manager. The legend will never diminish for me. #loveArsene.

Im just talking about presidents shouldnt be awarding a nation honor just because someone did something personal to the president.

But this is not place for politics and Wenger is a great man. So not gonna go into further arguments.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom