• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The Football Focus comp of 30 years of the Prem, had zero footage of Arsène in it (had that **** Mourinho in a few times though, ffs)

Not surprised, tbh...Arsène never gets the respect he deserves, especially from the bellends in the English media.
Wtf how can you have a compilation of Premier League history without featuring Arsène Wenger in it. Good to know, I can ignore watching that ****.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
298943218_847061546664461_5974308774149309323_n.png

...MY football team!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
You never know how things would have turned out and even with Dein we probably would have declined but losing him was such a blow. Unforegiveable, the people behind it should be ashamed .

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
What a man, what a manager.

Magnanimous towards Arteta, even though he must be pig sick at having to watch Arteta be able to poach City players, instead of having City poach his, and to watch the fans giving whole heartedly and fanatical support even though he hasn’t got top 4 once yet at his 4th attempt.

Arsène failed to win a PL title with a prime Van Persie, Rosicky, Giroud, Özil,
Alexis, Ramsey, Koscielny, Monreal, Hleb, Fabregas, Mertesacker, Sagna etc. Let that sink in.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

What a man, what a manager.

Magnanimous towards Arteta, even though he must be pig sick at having to watch Arteta be able to poach City players, instead of having City poach his, and to watch the fans giving whole heartedly and fanatical support even though he hasn’t got top 4 once yet at his 4th attempt.
I think you’re projecting your own feelings onto Wenger here :lol:

I think he’d be happy to see Arsenal doing well, wanting them to compete at the highest level possible (post your replying to explicitly saying he believes there’s even a shot at the title now) and to see the manager supported - especially if as you frequently suggest him being turned on by fans was such a harrowing experience for him. I can’t see him as a bitter old man.

Whats more, I’m fairly confident that he would be happy to see Arsenal poaching other top team’s players, as so much of the suffering he went through during his time at Arsenal was so that the club would one day be in a financial position to do just that. This is largely his amazing work paying off.

The picture you paint of a man continually disgruntled years on because someone else can do something he created the conditions for, or because someone has support he didn’t have at the end of his career is extremely unflattering. And I’d imagine far more reflective of how you feel than how he feels.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsène failed to win a PL title with a prime Van Persie, Rosicky, Giroud, Özil,
Alexis, Ramsey, Koscielny, Monreal, Hleb, Fabregas, Mertesacker, Sagna etc. Let that sink in.
Lol. Imagine a manager good enough to find players that talented on a shoe string instead of the owners having to outspend City to help you get top 4 once in 4 attempts at a club like Arsenal. Let that sink in.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Lol. Imagine a manager good enough to find players that talented on a shoe string instead of the owners having to outspend City to help you get top 4 once in 4 attempts at a club like Arsenal. Let that sink in.

Maybe post-2006 he should have stepped down and taken the role of chief club scout and let a more competent guy with some tactical flexibility and defensive know how manage those players then? Opportunity missed.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Maybe post-2006 he should have stepped down and taken the role of chief club scout and let a more competent guy with some tactical flexibility and defensive know how manage those players then? Opportunity missed.
Lol. You’re taking over as the biggest WUM on AM devoid of any football knowledge. :lol:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
How do you to actually asses a squads ability, by general consensus? You've only got to look at the Xhaka thread, there's as many posters think he's brilliant as there are think he's rubbish. And many of the other players are similar.

There is only one very crude way to asses a squad's ability and that's the cost of it's assembly, because good players cost more, unproven players cost less. And most squads tend to have one or two home grown players. It's not perfect, it's incredibly rough but it's all we've got.

So to answer your question, unless you look at the cost of the squad, nobody knows what the ability of the squad is, and therefore nobody knows if the manager is under or over performing with the players he has. But if Tuchel has the second most expensive squad and is languishing in 6th place, it looks like he's underperforming. And if Potter has the 15th most expensive squad and is in 4th place he's worth trying as a replacement.
What does talented mean? I thought squad cost was the only metric that matters? All we can say is that those players were **** because they didn’t cost anything. Talented is just your opinion, nobody knows what the ability of a set of players is unless we look at the cost of buying them.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What does talented mean? I thought squad cost was the only metric that matters? All we can say is that those players were **** because they didn’t cost anything. Talented is just your opinion, nobody knows what the ability of a set of players is unless we look at the cost of buying them.
No it wasn’t my opinion, @sergio_giorgini was implying they were talented enough to win a title. I don’t think any of those Wenger teams were good enough to win a title, there were far too many holes in those cheap squads. Keep up.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
No it wasn’t my opinion, @sergio_giorgini was implying they were talented enough to win a title. I don’t think any of those Wenger teams were good enough to win a title, there were far too many holes in those cheap squads. Keep up.

Spinner.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Holes Wenger thought were a good idea to fill with bums like Almunia, Eboue, Coquelin, Xhaka, Mustafi, Squillaci, Stepanovs, Flamini etc.

The holes weren’t just personnel. His tactics were naive and he couldn’t manage a defence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom