• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
First English club to win in the Bernabau, first English club to win in the San Siro. The top two biggest unbeaten away runs in the PL belong to Arsenal.

Wenger really was one of the greats.

The great IMO.

Give a Pep or Jose that 1996 side and tell them build a team to topple a team with the best manager and biggest financial might in the country on a shoestring budget and they wouldn't have a Scooby.

Put your Klopps, Zidanes or Ancelottis in charge of the team during the stadium rebuild and we go bankrupt or they just leave.

Only one Arsène Wenger.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Damn, how I miss this.

Football is well and truly dead to me

I often reference this saying by Arsène.

It fits so well on how I used to feel on matchday

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him.
🥺
For Arsène the way in which you win was much more important than the fact that you win

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You could argue that 2007/2008 was the last real time the Premiership was actually the best league in the world...though City and Liverpool (before this season) were very good recently, think the all round quality of the league just doesn't feel at the level it was in the 2000s...it was also the last year Arsène had a somewhat comparable squad to Ferguson's, so last true ride of the Arsène v Alex rivlary, that made this league what it is too...tears thinking about it, tbh.

blaze_of_glory

...Wegerball at it's best is the most enjoyable style of football to watch, in the history of the sport...nothing will change my mind.
Tears in my eyes. Criminal we didn't win the league. Hleb really made the worst decision of any player ever by leaving as well, went from a key part of a great team to a benchwarmer.

Wenger had Eboue out there balling at level just about no fullback can do in the league now ffs.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him.
🥺
For Arsène the way in which you win was much more important than the fact that you win

This was literally me every weekend and sometimes during the week for like a decade and a half of my life.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Unbelievable Wenger was even able to compete that season. Lost Henry, invincibles had been ripped apart by this stage barring like 3. Guys like Flamini, Hleb, Adebayor, Diaby, Sagna all starters brought in for peanuts, our star player a 20 year old. We had absolutely no right to compete as well as we did with arguably the greatest United side of all time under their greatest manager with the best player in the world at the time. Wenger was nothing short of a miracle worker at times. Absolutely no one could get so much from working with so little in terms of our financial situation. But also in some of those clips Eboue and Bendtner actually look pretty good fgs.

It's funny tho because you also have a bit of regret that the team didn't really achieve anything. Even more regret that Hleb would leave, Rosicky would be injured for a long time, Flamini would leave, Van Persie and Diaby would have their injury problems, obviously Eduardo was never the same either. So very quickly Wenger was having to rebuild again, it was a perpetual cycle for many years, hence why many of us view it as Wenger's most impressive period that he was able to keep us up there with everything against him. And don't even let me speak on some of the refereeing decisions.

Harz

You could argue that 2007/2008 was the last real time the Premiership was actually the best league in the world...though City and Liverpool (before this season) were very good recently, think the all round quality of the league just doesn't feel at the level it was in the 2000s...it was also the last year Arsène had a somewhat comparable squad to Ferguson's, so last true ride of the Arsène v Alex rivlary, that made this league what it is too...tears thinking about it, tbh.
Not quite true but that period in 2000s there was always a PL team at the CL final and 2007-08 is when it peaked with an all-English final.

Haven't seen it but late 70s early 80s period must be better as back then English teams also won those finals.

Current PL is destined to be just as good imo last year was one-off due to Covid. Man City is the team to beat without a doubt and Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea will all get there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

🥺
I always made time to watch the press conferences as well and looked forward to them. He always said something to make me laugh or something profound. I'd record them and sometimes watch them again. The journos were always so respectful and laughed at his jokes. They loved him too.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Tears in my eyes. Criminal we didn't win the league. Hleb really made the worst decision of any player ever by leaving as well, went from a key part of a great team to a benchwarmer.

Wenger had Eboue out there balling at level just about no fullback can do in the league now ffs.

That should have been our best title win. Two extremely strong Chelsea and United teams and the boss matched them with Eboue on the right wing.

Pure scenes.

Should have bought Anelka in January. A title win in 2007/08 probably changes the entire trajectory of the club. Perhaps our traitors stay, or we get more money for them. Perhaps Egghead could have used the prestige of winning the league to get us better commercial deals ( I admit this one is far fetched). The trophy drought definitely wouldn't have been a thing. No treble for United

Why couldn't we have just won the league😢? It was only four years after the invincible as well.

Jakarta

Criminal that my man wasn’t given a proper send off, and it’s also a black mark on Arsenal fans for the way they treated him.

Life isn’t fair. All the good you’ve done will be forgotten by a single bad moment(even tho in the end it was sad to see us get violated by pool,Chelsea,United on the regs)

Arsenal isn’t the same without Wenger forreal...at least Ferguson is well respected and goes to games but our legend Wenger has disappeared from Arsenal football club totally😢

Imagine how gutted he must feel? Spending 21 years at a club and leaving like that and receiving no recognition?

He was too good for us. Should’ve gone to Real Madrid,Bayern or the French NT job when he had the chance.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Criminal that my man wasn’t given a proper send off, and it’s also a black mark on Arsenal fans for the way they treated him.

Life isn’t fair. All the good you’ve done will be forgotten by a single bad moment(even tho in the end it was sad to see us get violated by pool,Chelsea,United on the regs)

Arsenal isn’t the same without Wenger forreal...at least Ferguson is well respected and goes to games but our legend Wenger has disappeared from Arsenal football club totally😢

Imagine how gutted he must feel? Spending 21 years at a club and leaving like that and receiving no recognition?

He was too good for us. Should’ve gone to Real Madrid,Bayern or the French NT job when he had the chance.
Arsène was so badly abused by fans I can't see him returning unless there was a special event for him, like unveiling his statue, if there ever is one.

But The Athletic article recently gave details about all people at the club he's still in regular contact with. Mostly the lower workers like Sheila the secretary who he contacts on her birthday, and one of the groundsman Steve Braddock, who had health issues last year. Wenger regularly checks in with him to see how he's doing. There are others too. They all feel privilaged to have worked with him and are gutted that he never returns.

SAF was back at Manchester United within three games of standing down and, unlike Wenger, never seemed too troubled by the idea that his presence could somehow count against the team, or that he was unwelcome.

Very hard to see the club I always loved from being a kid be so graceless and unclassy. Wenger was extraordinary and we mistreated him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène didn't want to come back because he was rightly annoyed at the board and he didn't want to put pressure on the next manager (Fergie being there made it impossible for Moyes, tbh) think he knows the fans love him.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Arsène didn't want to come back because he was rightly annoyed at the board and he didn't want to put pressure on the next manager (Fergie being there made it impossible for Moyes, tbh) think he knows the fans love him.
Think he knows some of the fans love him. Others who campaigned vociferously to remove him are currently too busy tying themselves in knots, trying to prove that being 10th somehow proves they were right.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom