• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He basically used AFC to support so many (sometimes mediocre) players. Most of the players got good contracts. We bought and supported like Flamini (when he came back), Sanogo, Cazorla (when he was injured), Silvestre, and so many more.

He made Arsenal a true home for so many players. Almost all of the players who left Arsenal regretted it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pep passing Mourinho now with Champions League victories. Still behind Arsène though. Imagine that for a team spending no more than 5th in the EPL since 2004.

Not even in the competition any more. :confused:

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Criminal that my man wasn’t given a proper send off, and it’s also a black mark on Arsenal fans for the way they treated him.

Some of this did not end up with introspection, but instead has carried over to the extreme stuff against Emery and Arteta, and likely whoever follows. That’s the bit I don’t get. Many state shame over how they were during certain periods during Arsène Wenger’s stewardship. Some even now state some regrets as to how they were over Emery at times also. Some of this is not only on managers but it also gets a bit out of hand on certain players also.

I get that the club has to do better performance wise, but many fans have their own improvement to consider also. History of this club is one of being a classy club, and it has history as a family-orientated club also. We should not be doormats, but I think certain values are important to punch above our weight with recruitment *, and we had better not lose it because many of our fans act like Orcs at times.

Criticism and free speech all merited, but do it with class, and be more patient and bigger-picture at times also. Do it as a lesson learned for regrets over Arsène Wenger, if nothing else. Otherwise those stated regrets count for as little as the ability to go back in time and change past behaviour.

(* Ødegaard?)

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Fantastic article in the Athletic about the stress on managers, the brutal truth about alcohol, dreading matches and multiple interviews, and the relief of being sacked.

2016 to 2018 must have been horrendous for Arsène, he had to cope with all that additional viscious hate on social media. You can try to block out the noise but everybody around you, including the team is seeing it. And it would have been impossible to avoid the protests and planes.

There are still some idiot fans who believe that it shouldn't have had any effect on him and that he would have dropped out of the top 4 anyway. Imagine that. :lol:

Manager burnout: Brutal truths about alcohol, 'dreading' matches and the 'relief' of being sacked

Iceman10

Established Member
Time point in this interview starting around 6 mins in (have set it to start then, but just in case it doesn’t work) - Arsène talking about his last few years at Arsenal and his exit. The lead up before this bit is about finances (and wages) in football being unsustainable, Barca debt, etc.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That’s like looking back and realising what a beautiful wife you had after all, despite complaining about her at the time and booting her out for a younger model who is nowhere near as good or as classy.

The grass isn’t greener on the other side. The grass is greener where you appreciate it, and look after it. ;)

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's ridiclous what Arsène was asked to do after the stadium move, all hard work and no real glory for himself...but Arsène did it, not many would have even wanted to do it, never mind try in the first place...what a man.
Were you here when I said we won’t finish top 8 after Wenger and the forum attacked me in outrage?

Or when i said Stan is the problem and the forum abused me and said “no, it’s Wenger who is sitting on the money that Stan wants to spend”.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Were you here when I said we won’t finish top 8 after Wenger and the forum attacked me in outrage?

Or when i said Stan is the problem and the forum abused me and said “no, it’s Wenger who is sitting on the money that Stan wants to spend”.

I remember you saying we would drop after Arsène left...but surely no one thought Wenger was holding Arsenal/Stan back from spending :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I remember you saying we would drop after Arsène left...but surely no one thought Wenger was holding Arsenal/Stan back from spending :lol:
Most of this forum was saying that Wenger is sitting on the money and not spending. Most of the forum will back that up - Arsenal and Stan wanted to spend and make us great but Wenger didn’t want to spend because of his morals or some BS.

This forum is absolutely shocking.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Most of this forum was saying that Wenger is sitting on the money and not spending. Most of the forum will back that up - Arsenal and Stan wanted to spend and make us great but Wenger didn’t want to spend because of his morals or some BS.

This forum is absolutely shocking.
I remember all that boll*cks. But it was no different to all the other stuff posters made up about him. Shocking time and a real black mark against Arsenal fans. And some of it still going on, like people saying 'he was in decline before the fan campaign to remove started in 2016'. :lol: Or worse still 'the fan campaign had nothing to do with him dropping out of the top 4'.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People laughed when i said his best work was around and after the stadium change.

@Jury and his squad on here always found that funny for some reason.
Depends what floats your boat at the end of the day. I appreciate what he did there, winning the Sp**s, Everton and us three team league many times in succession. Ok, on paper it was always likely, but you’ve still got to get the results.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom