• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It's ridiclous what Arsène was asked to do after the stadium move, all hard work and no real glory for himself...but Arsène did it, not many would have even wanted to do it, never mind try in the first place...what a man.

He could have picked up some easy trophies at City while they set the stall out for Pep. Who do you think they'd have rather had? Mancini and Pellegrini, Mark ****ing Hughes or The Boss? One phone call and the job was his.

I'm not even going to mention the Bayern, PSG and Real Madrid jobs. I pray and I do mean pray that he can come back to the Emirates and receive a proper ovation from the fans for the work he's done.

You can tell he's still hurt by the last few years and that rift needs to be healed on both sides.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I remember all that boll*cks. But it was no different to all the other stuff posters made up about him. Shocking time and a real black mark against Arsenal fans. And some of it still going on, like people saying 'he was in decline before the fan campaign to remove started in 2016'. :lol: Or worse still 'the fan campaign had nothing to do with him dropping out of the top 4'.
You still see people on this forum act like he held us back or failed us amazingly. Pretty clear now he was the only thing that held us together and made us feel like a big club.

Winds me up there’s no need to even mention him like that anymore.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
You still see people on this forum act like he held us back or failed us amazingly. Pretty clear now he was the only thing that held us together and made us feel like a big club.

Winds me up there’s no need to even mention him like that anymore.

Winds me up every time I think of how a fraction of fans, led by hypocrite ex-footballers, pundits etc.. managed to create this massive pressure campaign against the Great Man.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Winds me up every time I think of how a fraction of fans, led by hypocrite ex-footballers, pundits etc.. managed to create this massive pressure campaign against the Great Man.

We will never have a manager like him again, ever.

When you think about it, he built this club, twice. We were in danger of becoming an Everton or Newcastle before Wenger took over and catapulted us into the stratosphere.

He then stayed and worked his magic to finance the stadium, a contribution that will outlive all of us. Do we have the money and prestige to even attempt a stadium build without Wenger's work in the late 90s and early 2000s?

Do we even pay off our debts without him at the helm?

I'm not even going to touch his contributions to English football in detail but I will say this. The likes of Benitez, Mourinho and every other foreign manager should have knelt down and thanked Wenger for opening the door to foreign management in England.

Think I'm chatting bollocks with the above point? The majority of managers in La Liga are Spanish, all of them are Italian in Serie A and most are German in the Bundesliga. Wenger's success made every other PL club turn their eyes towards Europe for a manager. Liverpool even tried to copy us wholesale with Houllier and Cisse, a Poundland version of Wenger and Henry.

I'm going to stop before I annoy myself.

EDIT:
I'm also going to make this one last point. Does the PL become so attractive without the Arsenal-Man Utd rivalry? Do fans, sponsors and the media turn to Spain or Italy instead of watching United win 12 league titles in a row like Bayern do now?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The only crumb of comfort is that Arsène was a victim of his own success. The fans could only have been duped like they were because they actually believed that he should have been winning the league/CL, despite his low spend.

Not understanding the relationship between wealth and winning is a massive part of it. There are still many fans and posters on here who still think that the manager contributes 70%+ of where a team will finish. And while that myth pervades people will never truly understand just how great he really was.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

And while that myth pervades people will never truly understand just how great he really was.

Nostalgia for Arsène is a powerful drug man.

Arsène Wenger: Arsenal manager describes criticism as 'a disgrace'​

Last updated on27 May 201727 May 2017.From the sectionFootball345

Lack of respect towards me a disgrace - Wenger
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger described the criticism he has had this season as "a disgrace" he will "never forget".
The Frenchman, 67, has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to leave the club he has led since 1996.

"I don't mind criticism because we are in a public job," he told BBC Sport's Football Focus before Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.
"I believe there's a difference between being criticised and being treated in a way that human beings don't deserve."
He added: "The lack of respect from some has been a disgrace and I will never accept that. I will never forget it.
"The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most. It's not my person that is hurt but the impeccable image of the club around the world. That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is.
"A strong club is a club that makes a decision. It is wrong that in modern society it is not a question of whether a decision is right but whether it is popular. That has nothing to do with competence. People with responsibility have to make the right decision."
Wenger will become the most successful manager in FA Cup history with a seventh title if his Arsenal side beat Chelsea in Saturday's 17:30 BST kick-off.
But the Gunners missed out on Champions League qualification for the first time in 20 years by finishing fifth in the Premier League,
Wenger's contract expires this summer, with his future set to be decided at a board meeting on Monday.
He has previously admitted that Arsenal's season was affected by the uncertainty around his position, as well as the protests calling for him to leave.

Iceman10

Established Member

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger described the criticism he has had this season as "a disgrace" he will "never forget".
The Frenchman, 67, has faced fierce protests from fans calling for him to leave the club he has led since 1996.

"I don't mind criticism because we are in a public job," he told BBC Sport's Football Focus before Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley.
"I believe there's a difference between being criticised and being treated in a way that human beings don't deserve."
He added: "The lack of respect from some has been a disgrace and I will never accept that. I will never forget it.
"The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most. It's not my person that is hurt but the impeccable image of the club around the world. That kind of behaviour does not reflect what Arsenal is.
"A strong club is a club that makes a decision. It is wrong that in modern society it is not a question of whether a decision is right but whether it is popular. That has nothing to do with competence. People with responsibility have to make the right decision."
Wenger will become the most successful manager in FA Cup history with a seventh title if his Arsenal side beat Chelsea in Saturday's 17:30 BST kick-off.
But the Gunners missed out on Champions League qualification for the first time in 20 years by finishing fifth in the Premier League,
Wenger's contract expires this summer, with his future set to be decided at a board meeting on Monday.
He has previously admitted that Arsenal's season was affected by the uncertainty around his position, as well as the protests calling for him to leave.

New ownership and then he comes back in a Bobby Charlton type role for Arsenal. That's my dream scenario now. It is no use those who went big anti-Arsène to state regrets and want him back now as COO or technical director, not under constraints of Kroenke's to potentially just become a lightning rod fo the same painful experience all over again.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'd never seen that. But how could it not affect him and the team. There are still posters who talk about his 'decline' and it still annoys me to see it.

Iceman10

Established Member
Arsène:

- Was an opponent of the project (ESL) from the start on, “If I was at Arsenal I would have been against the project as well”, which of course means his presence would have been a problem for the Kroenke’s
(around 2:30 timepoint)

- Daniel Ek (Spotify) attempted takeover - Arsène likes that former players are involved in such an effort. Says he personally thinks any deal is more likely if everything is done in private. Asked about a possible return to the club in the future.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Arsène:

- Was an opponent of the project (ESL) from the start on, “If I was at Arsenal I would have been against the project as well”, which of course means his presence would have been a problem for the Kroenke’s
(around 2:30 timepoint)

- Daniel Ek (Spotify) attempted takeover - Arsène likes that former players are involved in such an effort. Says he personally thinks any deal is more likely if everything is done in private. Asked about a possible return to the club in the future.

Interviewer:'Arsène, I know you're always careful what you say …'
Arsène interupts:'Not always'. Everybody laughs

Man, I miss him.

Jakarta

Was holding us back apparently

Absolutely insane.

Wenger must be sad deep down tho. I used to feel sad for him when I saw players that he put so much effort to develop, backstabbing him and leaving the club at the first opportunity.

Flamini
Hleb
Cesc
Nasri
Song
Adebayor
RVP
Cole
Sanchez

This guy has been betrayed so much in his career...and to top it off, us fans have given him the biggest betrayal and ingratitude.

Andrew Cole Linighan

I will always appreciate what Arsène Wenger did at the Club. When Arsène first arrived, he changed the players diet, prolonged the careers of Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn etc. He brought in a young player from AC Milan, Patrick Viera. Became an instant hit in midfield.
He turned Ray Parlour into a right sided midfield player. He signed Anelka for £5000,000 and sold to Real Madrid for £23million?
He won Premier League Titles, FA Cups. Was also losing League Cup losing Finalists. In Europe, he got to Champions League Final, UEFA Cup Final. Sad that he did not get to win any of those.
He had input into the Emirates Stadium. We had a certain number of Top 4 Champions League qualifications.
Thank you Arsène.

Top Bottom