• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Messi vs. Ronaldo

Who is the superior footballer?

• Total voters

Both had their great spells in the game.We should enjoy watch them until they retire.And everyone has their own favourite,so we can't be subjective in analysis.

Yeah sure... I give Messi early years. But hard to deny 3 CL and europe champions in recent years for Ronaldo make him come out at top at the moment.

Cant help but feel that people say Messi is better footballer than Ronaldo are the same who rate Hazard above Sanchez. I my self believe there is a lot more being footballer than being silky ballerina with the ball.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah poor Messi not playing in Real. Only playing with trash like Suarez and Neymar.... :rolleyes:
Of course Real Madrid are a better team, Barca are still incredible too.

As for Messi being a better footballer it's not just about being silky. He's the best goal scorer in football when he wants to be (calendar goals in a year record, la liga goals in a season record) and also the best playmaker.

I think he would be the best footballer in the world in any forward/midfield position. He just has a complete mastery of the game.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Yeah sure... I give Messi early years. But hard to deny 3 CL and europe champions in recent years for Ronaldo make him come out at top at the moment.

Cant help but feel that people say Messi is better footballer than Ronaldo are the same who rate Hazard above Sanchez. I my self believe there is a lot more being footballer than being silky ballerina with the ball.

I would say that Ronaldo was better player from 2006 to 2009,than Messi was better from 2009 to 2014 and than again Ronaldo found his best form and Messi was little bit at the back.

It's always hard to tell that.We have to watch statistics maybe,records,titles,but that is not all.Depends on the team also,Ronaldo played in worse team for the most of the time in Real.But i still believe that Messi has something about him that Ronaldo hasn't.That's only my opinion.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Messi, things he can do on the ball is truly incredible. I've seen players from maradona (1990, 94), romario, baggio, zidane, ronaldo (original), ronaldinhio all play at their peak. Messi tops them all...ive never had so many wow/omg moments with any other player.

In terms of individual talent only the Brazilian Ronaldo comes close to messi (shame about all his injuries).

Cristiano incredible player, work ethic, desire, will power and personality. Definitely top ten of all time.... But messi is the best player I've ever witnessed.

Only player I've seen completely dominant in a tournament was zidane aged 28) in euro 2000, incredible, the ultimate big game player...head and shoulders above everyone, played the game at a different speed to everyone else.

Shame I was too young to watch maradona in 86.

AVENTUS

A very debated subject but for me it simply has to be Messi, his special in every aspect.

The way he can dribble passed 5 defenders, the movement, eye for goal, tactical awareness, team player, reserved and discreet.

Ronni is very good but not a team player it's always about him "mr Madrid" he can't do the things I've seen Messi do.

I wouldn't even say Ronaldo was better then Ronaldiniho to be honest.

41972471.jpg

Best 2 players ever for me

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You offered me one in their prime at Arsenal its Ronaldo every single time.

Feel the history books will be favourable to him as well.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
A very debated subject but for me it simply has to be Messi, his special in every aspect.

The way he can dribble passed 5 defenders, the movement, eye for goal, tactical awareness, team player, reserved and discreet.

Ronni is very good but not a team player it's always about him "mr Madrid" he can't do the things I've seen Messi do.

I wouldn't even say Ronaldo was better then Ronaldiniho to be honest.

41972471.jpg

Best 2 players ever for me

Think that Ronaldinho didn't last that long and he wasn't on top level for many years like Ronaldo and Messi.His games for Barca was magic and he had everything that world class players need to have.But his best years were from 2004 to 2007.

logic DC

Ronaldo produces the end product fair enough, but that's because he has modric kroos behind him, so Real winning the CL two times in a row is down to Real having a ridiculous group of players Same thing with Messi when he had Xavi and prime Iniesta behind him, the difference though is they is far more to messi's game than goals, right now he is tasked with the responsibilities of being creative (alongside Neynar) and also scoring goals as Rakatic and co ain't on par with Modric and co. Messi is still by far the greatest footballer alive.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ronaldo produces the end product fair enough, but that's because he has modric kroos behind him, so Real winning the CL two times in a row is down to Real having a ridiculous group of players Same thing with Messi when he had Xavi and prime Iniesta behind him, the difference though is they is far more to messi's game than goals, right now he is tasked with the responsibilities of being creative (alongside Neynar) and also scoring goals as Rakatic and co ain't on par with Modric and co. Messi is still by far the greatest footballer alive.

Ronaldo has been at Real Madrid so long that people have forgotten how good he was at United. Ronaldo was insane in his last two years in England, not playing with a ridiculous group of players behind him. He carried United, he carried Portugal, he continues to be the decisive player for Real Madrid. Messi has been surrounded by amazing players his entire career. Its incredible that he is still rated above Ronaldo so convincingly when he has only done it for one club and hasn't been able to carry Argentina.

I would have Ronaldo in my team any day over Messi. Messi is the better dribbler, creative presence and the calmer finisher. However, Ronaldo has too much in my opinion. Physical power, aerial ability, goes off either foot and an instinct and movement that just makes him a killer. You simply cannot shut out Ronaldo. I fell you can shut out Messi.

BobP

Memri Fan
Ronaldo has been at Real Madrid so long that people have forgotten how good he was at United. Ronaldo was insane in his last two years in England, not playing with a ridiculous group of players behind him. He carried United, he carried Portugal, he continues to be the decisive player for Real Madrid. Messi has been surrounded by amazing players his entire career. Its incredible that he is still rated above Ronaldo so convincingly when he has only done it for one club and hasn't been able to carry Argentina.

I would have Ronaldo in my team any day over Messi. Messi is the better dribbler, creative presence and the calmer finisher. However, Ronaldo has too much in my opinion. Physical power, aerial ability, goes off either foot and an instinct and movement that just makes him a killer. You simply cannot shut out Ronaldo. I fell you can shut out Messi.

1. You're severely underestimating Manure during that period, the team wasn't made up by a bunch of no marks. In other words, they weren't one of the best teams in Europe during that period for no reason. Football is a team sport, rarely if ever does extended success come off of the boot of a single player. On that note, isn't it interesting that Manure were able to reach the UCL final in 2011 without Ronaldo? I'd argue that Messi was more important for Barca's success than Ronaldo ever was for either Manure, or Madrid.

2. Messi basically led Argentina to the WC final in 2014, and would have won the title had it not been for some dodgy finishing from his fellow Argentinian attackers, namely Higuain and Palacio.

3. With the exception of winning the EC in 2016, Ronaldo has been, for the most part, mediocre for Portugal, made worse by his sulking behaviour.

4. "I feel you can shut out Messi". What is that based on? Because many teams have tried and failed miserably. Ronaldo on the other hand is basically a wide poacher, does very little of note outside of score.

There's absolutely no contest between a peak Messi and a peak Ronaldo. One is a player whose quality transcends all of football history, while you can find exceptional players across footballing generations.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Think that United was one of the best clubs in the world in Ronaldo's last two seasons there.They won CL in 2008 and played final in 2009.Ofc,that United started to play little bit worse after him,but also other players from that generation didn't play in their best form.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Naturally, Messi will have the edge on a lot of football categories. However Cristiano beats him on mentality and that is why he's my favorite. 10 goals in the QF, Semi and Final. A man for the big stage. Meanwhile Messi was missing sitters left right and centre vs Juve. The difference.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously, place someone like Henry in the exact same position Ronaldo is in at Madrid and he would've thrived just the same.

Nothing otherworldly about him.

Guy wasn't even the best three in Spain when he first arrived. I have to respect he pushed himself even higher ... and to be honest, he has now reached the highest peak in football history.

I dislike him at first (arrogance and such antics) then someone slapped me with reality that when he arrived the three best players where Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

BBF

You offered me one in their prime at Arsenal its Ronaldo every single time.

Feel the history books will be favourable to him as well.

What is Ronaldo's prime? You could argue he's still in it. He might score less goals altogether right now, but he's scoring all the important ones against top sides. Read something last night that said he scored 10 goals in his last 5 UCL games against Juventus, Atletico and Bayern. Unreal record.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Messi could be the best footballer of all time, Ronaldo could be the best goalscorer of all time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom