• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Messi vs. Ronaldo

Who is the superior footballer?

• Total voters

They won the league two times in a row before this season. This is the first time Real Madrid have won the league in 5 years..

Yes and that shouldnt be surprise because Barcelona has been stronger and still are stronger team than Madrid.

Just show how great Ronaldo has actually been in past 4 years that has earned him 3 ballons. 3 CL and 1 La liga and one Europe with Portugal. And that competing against better team every year.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The Real Madrid team currently ****s on Barca's team, it's not even close. Barca's team is so frontloaded it's beyond belief. You're only as good as your weakest link.

Ronaldo hasn't even been the best player for Real Madrid this season, which says a lot about how good their current team is.

Just show how great Ronaldo has actually been in past 4 years that has earned him 3 ballons

Shevchenko > Henry

Shevchenko > Henry

The awards are still lot more respective than your opinion.

Dont forget this is award both Messi and Ronaldo really want to win. And they want to win it because it is the best measure top level players have on their own ability.

And Ronaldo has more in recent years.

The Real Madrid team currently ****s on Barca's team, it's not even close. Barca's team is so frontloaded it's beyond belief. You're only as good as your weakest link.

Wait a minute... If Real Madrid are stronger than Barca. And Messi is only as good as the weakest link in the weaker team.

Then Ronaldo is stronger than Messi?

My job is done here. Later!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Wait a minute... If Real Madrid are stronger than Barca. And Messi is only as good as the weakest link in the weaker team.

Then Ronaldo is stronger than Messi?

My job is done here. Later!

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted on these forums.

The awards are still lot more respective than your opinion.

Dont forget this is award both Messi and Ronaldo really want to win. And they want to win it because it is the best measure top level players have on their own ability.

And Ronaldo has more in recent years.

I totally agree, easily the best way to measure the quality of top players!

Shevchenko > Henry. The experts have spoken, end of.

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted on these forums.

I totally agree, easily the best way to measure the quality of top players!

Shevchenko > Henry. The experts have spoken, end of.

Jesus christ those replies from you. Sounds like you got destroyed.

My job is done.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Heavily simplified, I'd simply say Messi is the better player, but Ronaldo has had the better career.

Based on?

Messi has won the league 8 times, Cope Del Rey 5, Champions League 4, and if you actually care about the travesty of an award, the Ballon d'Or 5 times.

Ronaldo is at best on par with Messi, and behind in most even with him being 2 years older.

If you wanna argue that Ronaldo is a bigger star then sure, that's probably true. He's also an attractive 6"1 Adonis with underwear endorsements and a knack for self-branding whereas Messi is an ugly midget.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Based on?

Messi has won the league 8 times, Cope Del Rey 5, Champions League 4, and if you actually care about the travesty of an award, the Ballon d'Or 5 times.

Ronaldo is at best on par with Messi, and behind in most even with him being 2 years older.

If you wanna argue that Ronaldo is a bigger star then sure, that's probably true. He's also an attractive 6"1 Adonis with underwear endorsements and a knack for self-branding whereas Messi is an ugly midget.
Oh well, there goes my feeble attempt at finding some sort of conclusion to make everyone happy :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Oh well, there goes my feeble attempt at finding some sort of conclusion to make everyone happy :lol:

:lol: It's difficult though, as I legit don't think there is an argument. I haven't even downplayed how good Ronaldo is at any point, he's one of the all-time greats, easily the second best player in football history. But Messi is just better.

Every argument you see for Ronaldo in this thread (and everywhere else) isn't based on anything of substance. It's pathos vs. logos, really.

Its impossible to argue with emotions of messi fan boys.

But I think they both have had great careers. And they are both great footballers in their own way. Ronaldo is just coming out on top in last 4 years and I think he has the awards to show for it.

Before its no problen for me to admit Messi was better. Its very easy because I judge by facts but not emotions!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
4b5651cf82d9d85be9b50b326669803b.jpg

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Don't like comparing them as both have their strengths and weaknesses. Ronaldo has more heart & desire, Messi is the better team player. Both are the gods of our time.

But I love Ronaldo. He's honestly one of the best professionals around and a great role model off the pitch.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Don't like comparing them as both have their strengths and weaknesses. Ronaldo has more heart & desire, Messi is the better team player. Both are the gods of our time.

But I love Ronaldo. He's honestly one of the best professionals around and a great role model off the pitch.

Ah, the Liberal Democrats have entered the fight I see.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is a bit of a tedious debate. Throwing stats at it isn't really going to work because both have outstanding stats. Goals scored, assists and trophies won. Who is better is highly subjective.

Ronaldo for me has been better in recent times perhaps because he has Kroos and Modric behind him. Perhaps also now why Messi isn't as good as he once was because he no longer has Xavi and Iniesta (at his peak) behind him.

Both are truly remarkable. I read a few weeks ago if scientists were to build a footballer they'd build Ronaldo if artists built a footballer they'd build Messi. I find that hard to disagree with.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This is a bit of a tedious debate. Throwing stats at it isn't really going to work because both have outstanding stats. Goals scored, assists and trophies won. Who is better is highly subjective.

Ronaldo for me has been better in recent times perhaps because he has Kroos and Modric behind him. Perhaps also now why Messi isn't as good as he once was because he no longer has Xavi and Iniesta (at his peak) behind him.

Both are truly remarkable. I read a few weeks ago if scientists were to build a footballer they'd build Ronaldo if artists built a footballer they'd build Messi. I find that hard to disagree with.

Where is this coming from? I'm genuinely asking. He had a better season this year than he did in 13/14.

3940ff696f.png

I really don't know what this "decline" stuff is based on. He's literally better in every conceivable way :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom