• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Messi vs. Ronaldo

Who is the superior footballer?

• Total voters

logic DC

if football was all about goals maybe one could argue for CR7 (even though Messi is the more natural goal scorer out of the two) being the best but since football involves alot of other important skills outside scoring, and since Messi is the Master at pretty much every thing involving football (besides defending of course) he is clearly better. Messi goes beyond this debate, the true question is, is Messi the greatest Ever ?.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Respect Ronaldo, worship Messi.

Messi. Messi, Messi.

Messi's on a different plant footballistically speaking!

Give me a choice of one or the other and it' s not even a debate. Messi hands down every ****ing day of the week, month or year.

Messi's on a level by himself in terms of what he can do with the football. Huge respect for Ronaldo's output but the way Messi influences games is much more integral to his team's overall performance. Ronaldo does eff all for a game but credit to him might still score a hattrick.

That people even still have this debate amuses me as regardless of what Ronaldo does & he has done an awful lot he aint 1/2 the footballer that Messi is. What he is a great warrior, magnificent athlete and incredible professional with some ****ing eye for goal.

Pretty much every time Messi plays Ronaldo his teams beats Ronaldo's.

Huge respect for Ronaldo's output but the way Messi influences games is much more integral to his team's overall performance. Ronaldo does eff all for a game but credit to him might still score a hattrick.

How does Messi influence the game more than Ronaldo? Dribbling? Passes? Do you really believe that Ronaldo does nothing but score goals?

Messi influence may look nice on the screen but Ronaldo influence is huge on the field. You are not going to win a Europe with Portugal and 3 CL in four years by just ghosting around and only turn up for to score a goals. Ronaldo influence on the field is huge and probably more than Messi could ever dream of!

Also, Ronaldo had more assists than Messi last season!

redanddread

How does Messi influence the game more than Ronaldo? Dribbling? Passes? Do you really believe that Ronaldo does nothing but score goals?

Messi influence may look nice on the screen but Ronaldo influence is huge on the field. You are not going to win a Europe with Portugal and 3 CL in four years by just ghosting around and only turn up for to score a goals. Ronaldo influence on the field is huge and probably more than Messi could ever dream of!

Also, Ronaldo had more assists than Messi last season!
WTF are you on about bro. Ronaldo wasn't even on the field when Portugal won their Euro title - not belittling his international achievements. He's been more marginal in games for Real Madrid over the last few years anyway and he's not even the most influential player on his own team.

Thought you had a better appreciation for football....:D

Messi influence look nice on screen - you must be trolling bro or this is a residue of extreme substance abuse!:eek:

WTF are you on about bro. Ronaldo wasn't even on the field when Portugal won their Euro title - not belittling his international achievements. He's been more marginal in games for Real Madrid over the last few years anyway and he's not even the most influential player on his own team.

Thought you had a better appreciation for football....:D

Messi influence look nice on screen - you must be trolling bro or this is a residue of extreme substance abuse!:eek:

I know he wasnt on the field in the final.

First you belittle Ronaldo and now you belittle me. You are on fire. Pointless replying to you.

redanddread

I know he wasnt on the field in the final.

First you belittle Ronaldo and now you belittle me. You are on fire. Pointless replying to you.
;)

Belittling neither bro - a bit of banter......he just ain't as good and has never been as good as Messi. That's not saying he's not a great footballer.

;)

Belittling neither bro - a bit of banter......he just ain't as good and has never been as good as Messi. That's not saying he's not a great footballer.

I think he is better than Messi, and FIFA and everyone who voted for him for past 2 years. His influence on the field is probably a lot more than Messi hence people with a lot of football knowledge like managers, players and sport journalists are voting him over Messi.

But I guess you will explain that with that they have all destroy them self of to much substance usage. Or maybe they are just trolling.

redanddread

I think he is better than Messi, and FIFA and everyone who voted for him for past 2 years. His influence on the field is probably a lot more than Messi hence people with a lot of football knowledge like managers, players and sport journalists are voting him over Messi.

But I guess you will explain that with that they have all destroy them self of to much substance usage. Or maybe they are just trolling.
We're all entitled to our opinion and no doubt Ronaldo's team has done better than Messi's team this last few years & deserves the accolades which are a joke really as if you really think Ronaldo's been the best player in the world the last 12 months, well then maybe you do need to take up substance abuse. - couldn't resist that.

Interestingly Wenger has always put Messi on a pedestal by himself whilst acknowledging Ronaldo's own unique greatness. Personally I don't think there's any doubt Ronaldo isn't 1/2 the player Messi is, however, his achievements will catapult him to the pantheon's of greats & deservedly so. He's not even the best Ronaldo there has been and that's among the football purists.

Look this debate is pointless as people will always have their favourites.

Interestingly Ronaldo's name never comes up in an argument for greatest ever player but Messi's does - that says it all for me.

Interestingly Ronaldo's name never comes up in an argument for greatest ever player but Messi's does - that says it all for me.

lol... he has ton of times.

We all have our opinions yeah, managers, players, sports journalists vote for him as the best player now twice in row and what for fifth time. These people know something if not at least more than most forumers about football. I'm glad majority is in agreement with me and in that way I know I'm right about this!

redanddread

lol... he has ton of times.

We all have our opinions yeah, managers, players, sports journalists vote for him as the best player now twice in row and what for fifth time. These people know something if not at least more than most forumers about football. I'm glad majority is in agreement with me and in that way I know I'm right about this!
Well we all have to be confident in our decisions. Can't blame you here as Ronaldo's a great player just not on the same level as Messi.

redanddread

Well I think he is level above Messi and has been for last couple of years!
Bro - fair enough but interestingly all the pundits I hear kind of think that Ronaldo's influence on games have waned although he is still scoring at a shockingly good rate. All he ****ing does is a few shimmeys and hang around the goal. Anyway he won the award so no arguing their. Still he's the best of the rest behind the supernatural Messi. Absolutely no contest M8.

Bro - fair enough but interestingly all the pundits I hear kind of think that Ronaldo's influence on games have waned although he is still scoring at a shockingly good rate. All he ****ing does is a few shimmeys and hang around the goal. Anyway he won the award so no arguing their. Still he's the best of the rest behind the supernatural Messi. Absolutely no contest M8.

You honestly believe a footballer score this lot of goals at highest level with just hanging around? :rolleyes:

Think there is no contest between Ronaldo and Messi, and the voting at FIFA said the same, Ronaldo, no contest CR7!

redanddread

You honestly believe a footballer score this lot of goals at highest level with just hanging around? :rolleyes:

Think there is no contest between Ronaldo and Messi, and the voting at FIFA said the same, Ronaldo, no contest CR7!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're in a minority bro but you do need to stick up for your guy & you're doing a stellar job. The underdog always need a strong backing!

Top Bottom