• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lionel Messi: GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The way Barcelona have been run, has been a disgrace...some of the deals they have given recent signings, has been beyond a joke.

Even this summer, why the **** would you sign Aguero, before sorting your greatest ever player out first.

Barca and Madrid are shells of what they used to be.
Johan Cruijff is turning in his grave. It was really all about him, wasn't it? He was the one to push for Rijkaard when the directors wanted a more established manager, he was the one to push for Pep when Laporta wanted to hire Mourinho, he was the one to build up La Masia and push for priority being given to players arriving from there instead of splashing the cash.

Uncle Good-Advice

Good point. However I think that Barcelona is in much deeper trouble. With their long history of overspending on underperforming 'star' players, whose wages we're usually greatly inflated because of Messi's contract (and few others) it was inevitable that they're gonna be hit and hit hard. And this impact will last for a very long time as their debt is huge.

Now I can't see how can they dig out of this hole. Spanish economy faces serious crisis due to pandemic, there's no way they can recoup any sort of big money spent on their players. La Liga lost a lot of appeal with Ronaldo's departure and without Messi is seriously lacking star power, so TV deals most probably won't be as lucrative as they once were. Plus their ownership structure would probably make it difficult to install some kind of sugar daddy from shady countries.

I won't shed a tear for them, they had it coming and can **** off.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Bartomeu is the Spanish Peter Ridsdale.

Absolutely has ****ed Barcelona for the next 10 years with his dealings. Can’t see how they recover whilst also having to repair Camp Nou which looked dilapidated last time I was there a few years ago.

Their academy isn’t producing talents like it once was to save them having to spend like maniacs. The likes of Moriba etc are looking to leave cos they want first team wages.

carlito'sway

Established Member
As a football fan, I am genuinely excited to watch a front three of Messi-Mbappe-Neymar. I truly can't think of any front three that talented in the history of the game. I pity the managers who will have to prepare their defense to face that trio.
On a unrelated note, Messi as a brand is beyond massive, I was checking at his social media presence. He has 103M followers on FB and 245M on IG. This is insane.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only thing Ronaldo had over him, was an international trophy and doing it at more than 1 club...Messi could end any argument this season after winning the Copa America, if he also wins the Champions League with PSG.

Hope he does...need Potch to be sacked though, as they ain't doing it with a Sp**s loser at the helm!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Two legends in one league, I am ready 🤯😍

14930356428277.jpg

1_Matteo-Guendouzi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom