• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clovis

Once he leaves, it will be a long time before we are able to attract someone of his calibre.

maybe you are right. It will be hard to find a bigger coward than him.

you have to be a special kind of pu$$y to stand out as the biggest coward in this cowardly bunch of arsenal players!

I can only imagine the delight of Madrid when they got 42m for him in 2013, and ended up winning 4 UCLs in the next 5 years.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He's just a 'tidy' player these days. Nothing more. And he should be treated as such. P4P, we're getting bent over by him every week. A lot of people are fine with that, of course...We need every penny we can get for the build, so he has to be moved on at the first opportunity.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Auba is a striker who does nothing else (sorta like Nistelrooy), basically a spectator for anything other than getting goals. There are other forwards like Laca, Welbeck who help out the team in other areas.

I have nothing against any of them, just pointed out that any good team is a mixture of different kinds of players.
Lets not pretend all Auba does is put the ball into the net to give Özil's role life! Auba can play wide and carry threat across the whole attacking third with his pace. And he delivers!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Lets not pretend all Auba does is put the ball into the net to give Özil's role life! Auba can play wide and carry threat across the whole attacking third with his pace. And he delivers!
Yeah he showed Norwich alright! so glad we have a player that celebrates missing and scoring a pen with a roly poly

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Yeah he showed Norwich alright! so glad we have a player that celebrates missing and scoring a pen with a roly poly
What a **** post.

You're acting like he's only scored two goals in his life. You and your 'it's only 60/40 in favour of him' rubbish. You typify the modern Arsenal fan tbh. Wait for a player to become your best and most potent, then try desperately to tear them down. I don't say it often, but fans like you should be as far away from the stadium as possible imo. West Sussex is too near for my liking.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'm not implying that the current system works. Only a fool/troll would do such a thing.

We need players that suit our system, akin the two best teams in the land currently, is all I meant. Clearly Mesut doesn't fit...

The problem is that Özil doesn't fit any modern system without bringing too much issues with him.

There's a reason why nobody came for him when he was available and tried to sell him.
Even when he was running down his contract, no serious offer has been made too him.

He's just not fit for the modern game, at the highest level.

Every modern elite midfielder is a workhorse nowadays. You can't just afford to let your talent carry you. Especially in the PL.

Is KDB really much more talented than Özil? I don't think so, if we're speaking about raw qualities.
The difference between the 2 of them, is that KDB is a powerhouse for his position. He's fast and strong for a CAM. He works a lot. He isn't afraid from contacts.
Özil hides when the game gets physical.

+ when you add Xhaka and Torreira/or Guendouzi behind him, you can't even hide his lack of physical impact.

It's not a coincidence if Mesut has never been as good in the PL as when he played with other above average athletes for their position around him, to do the dirty work, such as giroud, coquelin, ramsey.
We all thought that with a fast striker, he would be giving assist for fun, there's no special connection between Auba & Özil. They barely play together. Özil rarely finds Auba.

The worst thing is that we don't have any other player that fits us and the league better. He's the best we have right now at his position.
And that says a lot about our current state.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
We got Özil
Mesut Özil
I just dont think you comprehend!
He plays lika a propa bellend
Thanks to him we cannot spend
We got Mesut Özil!

roz

Fake News Merchant
What a **** post.

You're acting like he's only scored two goals in his life. You and your 'it's only 60/40 in favour of him' rubbish. You typify the modern Arsenal fan tbh. Wait for a player to become your best and most potent, then try desperately to tear them down. I don't say it often, but fans like you should be as far away from the stadium as possible imo. West Sussex is too near for my liking.
Tbh I never really rated him that highly anyways. Still, slate the godly Aubemeyang and the fan boys will cry. :(

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I disagree with your definition. A Lambo, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo is a luxury car. It cannot function as a daily driver. You cannot use a Bentley to get groceries from a side street. You use beater to do your chores while you use the Lambo when you want to have fun.

Barca and Madrid concede a lot of goals because of their style and refusal to play workhorses. Been saying this for a few years now.

I don't have a problem with becoming a hard working team of grafters, but we do not have the players in our CM and defense. We have a good forward line, we have to ensure that our team is built around our forwards.

It's not even true.

Most succesful Madrid teams have been built around Modric who works a lot harder than Mesut has ever had, Casemiro who is a physical beast, and Kroos who is the superior version of Xhaka, without his flaws. He's much more mobile. They also had Xabi Alonso.

Their defence has been built around Ramos Pepe Varane. They were elite defenders yes, but also elite athletes. We don't have a single CB who comes close.
And then you have to defend players like Ronaldo and Bale who are so fast and strong that it's very taxing to keep up.

Even the most succesful Barça teams were built around Xavi whose work off the ball was underrated. That's why Cesc could never fit there. He's not as good as xavi without the ball. And that's also why they've never recovered from his retirement, even though they've been throwing money away to replace him for fun.

And then they had Yaya Touré playing the 6, before they threw him for Busquets. We don't have even have a Busquets in the squad, a tall midfielder who covers a lot of ground.
And even though they were not great athletes but still much better than our current squad, they were so talented that they could make it up with their skills.
We don't even have any special talent in MF anymore. That fits the league. Guendouzi Xhaka Torreira Özil are no Xavi Iniesta Busquets.

I won't even mention Dani Alvès who was a monster. Always sprinting from defense to offense. Never tired. While we had to play Chambers as RB for too much games ffs.
Pedro Villa were all hard workers without the ball.
Piqué/Mascherano/Puyol are much much stronger that the CB selection we have, it's not even close.

The best team in the league right now is full of workhorses. Mané Salah Fabinho Wijnaldum Ox VVD Henderson. All these players make Liverpool unstoppable because they're just as talented as they're great athletes in their own way.

So maybe we're not smarter than the other teams, and maybe we should start looking at ourselves.
Something is clearly wrong in the way we've built our squad.
And now we have absolutely no confidence whatsoever, it has became obvious.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not even true.

Most succesful Madrid teams have been built around Modric who works a lot harder than Mesut has ever had, Casemiro who is a physical beast, and Kroos who is the superior version of Xhaka, without his flaws. He's much more mobile. They also had Xabi Alonso.

Their defence has been built around Ramos Pepe Varane. They were elite defenders yes, but also elite athletes. We don't have a single CB who comes close.
And then you have to defend players like Ronaldo and Bale who are so fast and strong that it's very taxing to keep up.

Even the most succesful Barça teams were built around Xavi whose work off the ball was underrated. That's why Cesc could never fit there. He's not as good as xavi without the ball. And that's also why they've never recovered from his retirement, even though they've been throwing money away to replace him for fun.

And then they had Yaya Touré playing the 6, before they threw him for Busquets. We don't have even have a Busquets in the squad, a tall midfielder who covers a lot of ground.
And even though they were not great athletes but still much better than our current squad, they were so talented that they could make it up with their skills.
We don't even have any special talent in MF anymore. That fits the league. Guendouzi Xhaka Torreira Özil are no Xavi Iniesta Busquets.

I won't even mention Dani Alvès who was a monster. Always sprinting from defense to offense. Never tired. While we had to play Chambers as RB for too much games ffs.
Pedro Villa were all hard workers without the ball.
Piqué/Mascherano/Puyol are much much stronger that the CB selection we have, it's not even close.

The best team in the league right now is full of workhorses. Mané Salah Fabinho Wijnaldum Ox VVD Henderson. All these players make Liverpool unstoppable because they're just as talented as they're great athletes in their own way.

So maybe we're not smarter than the other teams, and maybe we should start looking at ourselves.
Something is clearly wrong in the way we've built our squad.
And now we have absolutely no confidence whatsoever, it has became obvious.
I agree with the confidence part.

This is what I said a page ago.
Players like that are the backbone of the team, but you need some special 'luxury' players to rise above the average ****.
Unless we have a mix of hardworking and flair players we will not be able to go anywhere.

Madrid
Modric is recent. The Galacticos had Makalele. But a team full of Makalele would be mid-table at best. Unless they have Zidane, Ronaldo, and the like to lift them above the other teams.

Btw, Ramos is a liability. It's a shame that you name him as a defender.

Barca
Barca are cheating cnuts. They used to have master cheaters like Rivaldo, Neymar, Figo, Romario, Busquets, Suarez... No wonder they start losing as soon as they stop cheating. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are exceptions.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I agree with the confidence part.

This is what I said a page ago.

Unless we have a mix of hardworking and flair players we will not be able to go anywhere.

Madrid
Modric is recent. The Galacticos had Makalele. But a team full of Makalele would be mid-table at best. Unless they have Zidane, Ronaldo, and the like to lift them above the other teams.

Btw, Ramos is a liability. It's a shame that you name him as a defender.

Barca
Barca are cheating cnuts. They used to have master cheaters like Rivaldo, Neymar, Figo, Romario, Busquets, Suarez... No wonder they start losing as soon as they stop cheating. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are exceptions.

The game is evolving.
There are a lot of great players from the past that wouldn't fit at all in the modern game, such as Inzaghi, Veron, Riquelme, and now players such as Özil.

Look at the global picture, this past decade teams got way more physical.
And now, elite players have to be great athletes AND talented.
Our invincible team was way ahead its time. That's why we were so good.

Except Messi & Ronaldo now they're getting near the end of their career, most of top team players are hard worker on both end of the pitch.

Btw, Ramos isn't a liability. You don't make it this far, win so much, and be Madrid and his National team captain for a decade if you're a liability.
It just can't be. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Zidane, all great coaches have built their defence around him. They had all the money in the world to get an upgrade if needed.
But they didn't.
You might not like him. he's a high risk/high reward type of CB. But he's elite anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom