• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
He lacks a competitive edge these days - the ability is all there but he cant seem to use it to an optimal level anymore.
I'm not seeing much of the ability? He can't retain the ball under any sort of pressure, any time someone is tight to him he just gets breezed off the ball.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Lesson 1 in how not to create enemies and alienate yourself to fans:

When your team is losing and your number is held up, show some urgency and refrain from crawling off the pitch like a self centered, spoiled prima donna.

The more I watch it, the more I think he was fishing for a reaction after seeing how Xhaka almost coaxed it out of Arsenal fans.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It's just another guys opinion at the end of the day but lots of sources are saying he was booed. It's what happens when you slowly trudge off the pitch when your team are losing. Nobody wants to see that.

I was in the stadium. He was 100% booed. It was fairly loud. The slower he trudged, the louder the crowd booed.

Either (a) The majority of the crowd felt he had a poor game or (b) the treacherous Chinese authorities flooded the atmosphere with anti-Özil gas.

Torreria left the field pretty rapidly to mild applause.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I was in the stadium. He was 100% booed. It was fairly loud. The slower he trudged, the louder the crowd booed.

Either (a) The majority of the crowd felt he had a poor game or (b) the treacherous Chinese authorities flooded the atmosphere with anti-Özil gas.

Torreria left the field pretty rapidly to mild applause.
Haha, damn them Chinese always getting involved and making attacks on Özil. No wonder dear mesut had to respond and told the evil bastards to give up their territory in "East Turkestan".
For the record I'm going for this gas theory, sounds the most plausible.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
No Emery to blame now. No Giroud to blame now. No lack of wingers/pace up front to blame now. He's just well past his best, that's all there is to it. We need to move on.
He's definitely past his best, but if you are Özil and you can't get a ball without your back to goal so you can pick out a winger/attacker your pretty much useless and thats the problem. Our defense and midfield can't get our attacking players the ball in decent positions.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Has anyone noticed that he has lost so much pace this year? In terms of his acceleration and agility?

Also, he isnt as assured in possession as he used to be.

Jae

He was brought in from the cold and ultimately he's proven that it was right to leave him out. Hasn't got any excuses left in the box. Utter sh1te... Still making a living off that one good season he had with us.

Well and truly over Özil. Absolute myth of a player.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If receiving a ball that’s passed to him is some kind of rare skill or noteworthy asset, we really are in trouble.

What happens when we’re not in possession? How’s he stretching defences? Breaking lines? Applying pressure?

How is it that teams without a sole creative vessel are 20+ points ahead of us creating significantly more chances without being any less defensively assured?

Our entire team is crap. That's why we are so far behind.

If you play a nr 10 though, you play him. Nobody in our team is better, even if he's not good enough.

Beast Incarnate

THANK GOD our fans are starting to wake up with regards to Özil.

He's been calling it in for 2 years now. He doesn't care about the club, I doubt he even cares about football anymore. All he cares about is that big fat contact he's on. He'd happily play with the under 13s as long as that 350k comes at the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom