• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Our entire team is crap. That's why we are so far behind.

If you play a nr 10 though, you play him. Nobody in our team is better, even if he's not good enough.
In other words, don't play a number 10 then duh, (although I'd be happy to see ESR given a crack at it. )
Especially if the supposed only option is someone who isn't good enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's funny because month ago fans at Emirates were singing about mesut and asking emery to get back to starting line up. Emery wasn't wrong to put him out of team

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He was one of our better players. Game died when he went off.

giphy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think we all know he’s not the player he used to be and I’m talking about his earlier heights as an Arsenal player let alone his Madrid level.

We’re nowhere near outgrowing him though, still our best creator by a mile.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we all know he’s not the player he used to be and I’m talking about his earlier heights as an Arsenal player let alone his Madrid level.

We’re nowhere near outgrowing him though, still our best creator by a mile.

This creator bollocks does my nut. Did you see how much easier it is for a well balanced, well organised team to create chances?

Creativity is a byproduct of crisp, accurate passing, movement and speed. It’s not an individual who stands still and plays through balls 10% of the match.

We’re sacrificing midfield balance to accommodate this nonsense and getting what we deserve as a result.

Last edited:

Divided_Pie

Özil had nothing to do with the goals conceded. Attack was decent in the first half.

All the praise for Martinelli but the first goal was on him, totally stopped running back and gave KDB a free pass in to the danger zone. Torreira also failed to look around or he could have helped.

Second goal both Douzi and Torreira were asleep and then the whole back line did their usual comedy of errors, literally all of them at fault.

Third goal Saka couldn’t get on but even so Guendouzi’s defensive effort was ridiculously poor.

City took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half, Pep actually looked like he felt sorry for us. Taking Özil off was basically Freddie saying “we won’t try to pull one back if you don’t embarrass us further. 2nd half was like watching paint dry, Freddie making Özil a scapegoat for the sake of “energy” that made no difference.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Özil is not the problem. We are much worse without him.

The problem is the midfielders behind him are total crap and can't link up. Also our movement is crap without the ball.

Stick Ceballos who can pass and move quickly in midfield and Özil will perform much better. Guendouze and Torreira will never work.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
You can see Özil putting his hands up in the air so many times during a match.

It must be terrible to be the only player on the field who makes the right decision and pass consistently.

Our players really don't know how, when or where to pass the ball. 99% of the time they make the wrong decision. Too slow to release, wrong option, they weight the pass wrong, don't play it into space or play it into space when they should play to feet. I have never seen an Arsenal side with such bad passers of the ball. Its awful.

Jae

You can see Özil putting his hands up in the air so many times during a match.

Xhaka and Mustafi also do this multiple times every game :rolleyes: you see the point I'm trying to make?

If he's that frustrated and if he feels he's that much better than everyone else then my only advice would be to make sure the door doesn't hit him on the way out.

Nobody is forcing him to be here and hardly anybody actually wants him here either. :frustrated:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
THANK GOD our fans are starting to wake up with regards to Özil.

He's been calling it in for 2 years now. He doesn't care about the club, I doubt he even cares about football anymore. All he cares about is that big fat contact he's on. He'd happily play with the under 13s as long as that 350k comes at the end of the week.
Wrong, he wouldn’t be happy to play for the under13’s because it would ruin his brand.

But apart from that I agree

Reactions: Jae
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom