• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

the weight of his pass was off most of the game really, he messed up what could have been a promising attack with what should have been an easy pass to make.. Had a chance to shoot straight away in the 2nd half he didn’t take either if I remember that situation right, not a big deal, but I want him to be more goal hungry. Overall he just couldn’t get into the game and when he was in dangerous positions he messed up.
Think he had a really poor game. Worst I have seen since Arteta took over. And shooting really isn't anything he likes to do. It's all flicks and quick passes when it comes to Özil. Just have to accept that this is the player he is nowadays.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Attack has suffered since he’s started playing ****.

Laca’s movement isn’t the greatest but he’s not exactly getting loads created for him. Actually, he dropped deep to create our two best chances of the game and also created the chance for the penalty we should have had.

He’s doing Özil’s job out there and I’m sure he would rather be scoring goals. Makes you think.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s sad because I have loved the guy. He brought in a new chapter at the club but players like Grealish are having better seasons than him.

Not sure there’s an excuse you can make for that. :(

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Like a poster above said, if we'd signed cesc in 2014, we'd probably would have prevented Chelsea from winning the league and we'd have probably won it ourselves.
Those who think that would've been a good signing at the time are deluding themselves. Firstly, he had one good season left in him and then he would've become baggage for us but more importantly he had too much of a shadow over the club and would've created tension and a negative atmosphere off the pitch. Fabregas made his bed when he forced the move to Barca.

Certainly I expected more from Özil over his time here but we did win 3 FA cups so can't complain too much...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No goals and 1 assist in last 16 games and his last shot on target was against Norwich in December. As much you like Özil but for Arsenal that need to go forward Özil need to be sold in summer and try to get better player similar can be said to Lacazette

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No goals and 1 assist in last 16 games and his last shot on target was against Norwich in December. As much you like Özil but for Arsenal that need to go forward Özil need to be sold in summer and try to get better player similar can be said to Lacazette

Agreed.

fc honka

Its strange really. I think he tried today, defended well and run a lot. You can't blame him for not trying.
Nothing came out of him though. Misplaced passes that should be easy, did not run into empty space when there was some, didn't shoot.
Seems to be really low on confidence.

Pepes blue pill

Couple easy passes for him that he messed up, also wonder why he stopped shooting, scored some beauties in his younger days

Impressed with him talking to and helping the youngstars, especially martinelli who was struggling at times

Manberg

Predator
Why is he not getting in the box? I appreciate he’s working harder than usual off the ball but that should be what’s expected. We need runs from midfield to provide a threat and Özil needs to do more to earn his wages.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The upside to his nothing performances is this thread is nice, calm and resigned, as opposed to all angry finger pointing and 'tOLd yOU hE wASnT fIniShED' whenever he's decent... which is every 5 months, admittedly.
There are some plusses... Not sure they outweigh having him be so poor on the pitch though? Wouldn't mind it be the other way around. :(

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
There are some plusses... Not sure they outweigh having him be so poor on the pitch though? Wouldn't mind it be the other way around. :(
I don't even know if it's worth it tbh. To think he's suddenly going to become anything like consistent is a bit much now.

Makes you laugh when you think it wasn't long ago and you had people saying 'See, all it needed was an understanding manager...', as if we were suddenly going to see the same level of effort--even if the quality and productivity was still missing--a lot more often. All he has to do now is look like he's trying. Jesus...

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Why is he not getting in the box? I appreciate he’s working harder than usual off the ball but that should be what’s expected. We need runs from midfield to provide a threat and Özil needs to do more to earn his wages.

Can't be found , made several runs . In previous teams they could find him and he or somonelse could work space , this one right now has none of the nuance required .

He's done a lot of pressing and defensive work so you don't know whether he has been phsyically affected by it :lol:. Not really worried about his passing it's not something you lose .

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Really?

Misplaced two, what should be considered easy for him, through balls, but other than that he was decent.

Difficult having to combine with 3 ballhogs in attack, whilst getting no support from midfield because Xhaka helps building up from the left, and Torreira does nothing going forward.

This basically, whether Özil is there or not , There were so many misplaced passes from so many players that it just makes the team hesitant going forward .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You guys ever seen Pogba/McTominay shrug off defenders? That's what you need in a CM. A bit of strength.

Özil made a run everytime the CMs got the ball. But they couldn\t pass it because they have to take another touch. By that time, the opportunity is gone. Xhaka cannot shield the ball and Torreiera is meh!

This is not about Özil. This is about Arsenal having such a wek-ass midfield.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
This is not about Özil. This is about Arsenal having such a wek-ass midfield.
And before the it was Emery, and before that it was because Cazorla had gone, and before that it was because we had no strikers, and before that it was something else etc.. Mate, you must be getting so bored of this? :lol: And now we’re going to create this ‘it’s the midfield who can’t find his runs’ narrative. Wait... Torreira isn’t Pirlo and Xhaka is toilet... Yeah, this one might have legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom