• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I knew I as throwing money down the drain on those two Kurds. FML.
They're Kurdish? Didn't know that.

:lol: To everyone his own. You clearly see something in Özil‘s performance I fail to see.

Looking back maybe four years, the discussion around Özil was a lot about that he needed to add goals to his game to become an elite player. At that time he at least had a lot of assists and incisive passes. Now in my view he is very much a shell of what he used to be with more negative than positive impact on the club and team. Signed him to his latest contract was the club’s biggest player mistake in 5-10 years. That and how we let Gnabry slip away.
Gnabry... Would he be the same if he had stayed? It's a team game in the end.

We might be arguing about Özil in a period of major underperformance from Arsenal. As you yourself say, he was apparently better a few years ago when we were in a better place.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Can't believe they made a film in honour of old Mesut. What can you say about this guy that hasn't already been said? Must be the only world class player on earth that you hope and pray can show it on match day. His fans must be so used to being let down by now. So much utter gash needs removing from this squad, and there are none bigger than this one.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can see why Arteta wants Özil on the right side, but he should move more towards the left side, towards Saka. Pepe seems dead of ideas.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
My office cleaner on 8.21£/h would put more effort into defending that first goal. I felt sick watching this guy not giving a **** to even pretend he was helping the team.
3 good games a season shouldn't be enough to be a regular starter, but for a mid-table team like us, it looks like it's just enough.

Ashybashy86

“But also, Mesut is a good example in today’s game [against Everton]. When we are dominant and the whole process is properly done and you find the players in the right positions, he is the type of player I want.

“When the game becomes like this [Everton game], it’s not his game. He needs his team-mates, he needs the right structure and organisation for him to flourish.

“So it’s not just about him. Sometimes it’s not his fault. It’s about the team not supporting what he needs.”

No suprise he's ineffective most of the time then. The game must be just right for him. He's the cherry on top of the cake, and not the main ingredient.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Useless performance where we needed the 'superstar' to rally the troops. Just like the EL-final last year.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tries to pick out players when you just want him to fizz the ball into a dangerous player or at least test the keeper.

Never uses his talent to force the issue. If you mark all the people he can pass to he simply won’t do anything.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's one of the main reason we struggle so bad this season on the offensive end.

He's supposed to be our most creative player on the squad but he's been mediocre at best this season. He had a few solid games but it's not enough at this level. All his stats are at a career low. It's simply not good enough.

He's not the only responsible of our issues. We don't have any reliable creative midfielder in our squad.
Our midfielders are just not good enough on the offensive end.

I can't wait for the day we get rid of him. We can't afford to rely on a player, as talented as he is, to show up once every 5 games.
I'd take a less talented player who shows up consistently over him, any day of the week.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As we all said before if we want back to be top4 club a playmaker better than mesut needed. Many situations yesterday instead of play the ball in box or at least he decided to go backwards

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tries to pick out players when you just want him to fizz the ball into a dangerous player or at least test the keeper.

Never uses his talent to force the issue. If you mark all the people he can pass to he simply won’t do anything.

Arteta's making excuses for him.

KDB tries to pick out players too but if it's not on he just puts the ball in dangerous areas and that makes his teammates' minds up for them. That or, take a shot.

Özil doesn't take enough responsibility.

darkgunner

If we have a transfer budget of 60m we need to spend the whole lot on replacing Özil. His attitude was piss poor yesterday, looked like he couldn't be arsed for most of the match.

We already have a sideways and back passing merchant in Xhaka, we don't need another one on the pitch in the opponent's half. It's not possible for Arteta to rehabilitate him back into what he once was and even if he could, it's not worth the time and effort.

Gooner_girl14

I was disappointed in him yesterday (but then again I wasn’t impressed with anyone really) but our goal and the missed sitter by Auba both came from balls from him into the box. If only he showed more urgency earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom