<

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

1. Simple. Isn’t played for tactical reasons.

8.5%
  2. Simple. Isn’t played because he isn’t good enough

27.9%
  3. Falling out with Arteta for some reason

12.4%
  4. Being frozen out in an effort to get him to leave. Arteta’s hands are tied

31.8%
  5. Because he didn't take a pay-cut

16.3%
  6. Personal reasons

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

New contract? I read that as agent saying he thinks Özil will easily walk into another top club in 2021 rather than MLS everyone expects him to move to. Probably serie A. Inter or Juve. Wage will probably have to be a lot less than what he's been earning here but he won't starve.

2. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Based on what?

He's on 2 assists, and only had 3 in total last season. That's dreadful.

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

None of juve and inter would buy Özil he been under preformed since 2017 he will be 33 years old.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

He’s our only midfielder comfortable playing in advanced positions.

He’s been trash but who else is there in the squad?

Trilly likes this.
  5. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Being the only natural number 10 in the squad doesn't mean he's our most creative player though.

May as well stick with him given how comfortable he is in possession, but he's an absolute shadow of a top player at this point. Offers about as much penetration as an ice-cream dildo, as fabo was apt to say.

6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Don’t think we’re actually disagreeing :lol:

For now we’re forced into playing him but the club should be looking at two players to replace him in the summer imo.

He’s done.

7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Yeah, this.

ESR is on loan and needs the fitness and confidence. Willock has hit a bit of a wall and isn't quite as comfortable higher up. Ceballos is better in deeper positions. Nelson is a potentially good candidate but he's obviously not thought of as an option there. There's literally nobody else unless we scrap the #10 and go for a 3-man midfield - which comes with it's own problems IMO as the options we consider for that type of midfield lacks the dynamism to help the attack (for this, Willock arguably would be a good option but Arteta insists he's a #10).

So yeah, we only really have Özil to play there. If I was Arteta, I'd seriously consider Nelson as an alternative but I really don't think he will.

Tourbillion and Rex Banter like this.
  8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

He’ll be free though, good squaddy for an Inter, in a less demanding league.

9. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Looking through some clips from his Real days. No doubt about it, he was elite in his position back in the days.

10. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

This stat is just so pathetic it is unreal. And still posters want him to play... Un****ing believable!

sammy89 likes this.
  11. CaseUteinberger

Legend at our club? He will be remembered as the piece of lazy leeching **** he has turned into.

Sydney-Gooner, Oxeki, zilfy and 2 others like this.
  12. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

He is a personal fav amongst many gunners,feels like he would get away with murder sometimes

sammy89 and CaseUteinberger like this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Cry-mania.com

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  14. CaseUteinberger

When we bought him he was a player with stature and we hadn’t bought a player like that in a long time. He was well known and played for the world’s biggest club.

His luck was that we got Alexis in, who really elevated our attack. Think many still lean on that memory failing to see that much of his relative success at Arsenal was due to Alexis.

Now Özil has faded into nothing. He is real poverty if we are honest. A bit of jogging, sideways and backwards passes. Think we simply have to leave it to some to continue to live in a dream that really never was.

15. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Announce baby Özil!!!!

My sauces tell me if it’s a boy it is odds-on to be named Unai.

16. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

:rofl: someone ate the bitter yellow snow while sitting in it.

GDeep™ likes this.
  17. sammy89

sammy89 Well-Known Member

We're paying a man millions to call up his mates. JFL

18. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

This is the level we've plummeted to. We're now making excuses for Özil while rips us off. This is arguably the greatest con of all time.

I've never seen a player give 3 assist per season and still be on 350kpw. I don't really blame the guy though. It's not his fault.

It was that bald feck, Ivan who fecked us.

It's not like clubs were queuing up to sign him back in 2017. No sane club would have paid him that insane wage.

It was a terrible decision, more so in hindsight. Yet with the benefit of hindsight, some Arsenal fans are still defending him.

Banter stuff

19. CaseUteinberger

Guess to a certain extent it is better to just make ones peace with the ****ty situation we have been put in with Özil. Personally I always struggle with that though. Like an irritating itch you cannot scratch. But it’s only roughly 16 months to go and then this risible piece of **** of a player is finally gone, we can lock this thread and finally move on. Hopefully that will also take some of his deluded fan boys with it. Doubt many of them actually support Arsenal deep down, but more like to engage in forum trolling and self pleasing. Hopefully there will be some second rate Turkish club forum they can enjoy.

Oxeki likes this.
  20. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

He had that period just before he was offered a deal where he was very good to fantastic for about 7 games. I must admit at that point I said **** it, as long as he is producing something near this long term, who cares about the extra 100k a week. I was open to him getting 350k, even if there’s no way he’d ever truly earn it because what footballers bar prime messi and cr7 does? You could add some players on hot streaks like salah and mane, but that’s it. He had unbelievable leverage at the time and his people took advantage of the situation.

it’s a bit like the Pepe deal. What was he worth to a club far less desperate? Not £72m, most probably. But us? We had to get it over the line, get him producing and forget about it.

Trilly, CaseUteinberger and Oxeki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.