• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The biggest cause of Wenger's decline was keeping faith in not just bums, but Crocks. Regarding guys like Elneny with new contracts. It was all too much to bear. At the end, he rightfully paid for it.

If he was half as ruthless as pep or Mou, I'm not sure we would be talking about decline.
Easy for Pep and Jose to be ruthless when you have unlimited spend.

Anyway, the Wenger decline was 2 years, before that we were still getting CL places. We’ve already matched the worst years of Wenger in the last 2 years also, this after the biggest financial outlay in our history last summer.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I was reading about Marcus Rashford doing similar stuff in the community he grew up, feeding the poor. Great to see footballers give something back but also highlight such stuff - if I didn’t know what Rashford was doing I wouldn’t know there are families/children in Manchester struggling for a meal in 2020.

Yeah fair play to Rashford too, some footballers do have a good heart and it's something that gets overlooked by the mainstream media in favour of anything that puts them in a negative light. It's so sad, obviously for intelligent people like you and myself we can see through the tabloid bullshit but there are others of lesser intelligence who'll eat up stuff like that.

But yeah it's incredible to think of families in Manchester struggling for a meal, but again it's something that's very well hidden from public knowledge, you'd imagine they're be widespread condemnation if it was more well known. It's good that it's been highlighted and that Rashford is going out of his way to help them.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I was reading about Marcus Rashford doing similar stuff in the community he grew up, feeding the poor. Great to see footballers give something back but also highlight such stuff - if I didn’t know what Rashford was doing I wouldn’t know there are families/children in Manchester struggling for a meal in 2020.

Easy for Pep and Jose to be ruthless when you have unlimited spend.

Anyway, the Wenger decline was 2 years, before that we were still getting CL places. We’ve already matched the worst years of Wenger in the last 2 years also, this after the biggest financial outlay in our history last summer.

At this stage people have to start doubting Wenger decline and asking real questions about what happened to the club. A new manager came in and did worse than Wenger.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At this stage people have to start doubting Wenger decline and asking real questions about what happened to the club. A new manager came in and did worse than Wenger.
Or maybe Wenger's decline contributed to the decline of the team. A lot of his decisions has had far reaching consequences. Xhaka, mustafi, Elneny, etc are all a product of Wenger's decision. It's not as simple as saying Wenger did better than the other two manger we've had. You have to factor in the fact that the damage was already done before Emery and Arteta came.

Or maybe Wenger's decline contributed to the decline of the team. A lot of his decisions has had far reaching consequences. Xhaka, mustafi, Elneny, etc are all a product of Wenger's decision. It's not as simple as saying Wenger did better than the other two manger we've had. You have to factor in the fact that the damage was already done before Emery and Arteta came.

Xhaka, Mustafi and Elneny were statDNA and Gazidis signings. Lacazette also forced on Wenger.

The damage was done but not by Wenger. It was done by the others that run the club. Gazidis and Kroenke. New managers. Same old problems.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think it’s time to move on though. Out of 25 years or whatever Wenger had two years where he didn’t make CL and was moved on.

Top clubs hire new managers, spend money and kick on, we done too, last summer was the biggest financial outlay in our history. It’s not the fault of Wenger we were 5th last summer, laid out 150M and are 10th now? Answer that?

Keep going back to Wenger is short sighted. Now is the time to say we hired the wrong manager in Emery, spent some money badly last summer etc. What is our owner going to do now?

Also, Mustafi and Xhaka are starting above signings made by the current regime. Arteta is selecting Mustafi over Sokratis while Torreira is on the bench and Xhaka is playing. What does that say about signings made by the current regime?

Had Emery not picked negative teams 12 months ago we would’ve got CL also.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Really dont understand the narrative of players being forced upon a manager, like he doesnt have a say in it at all lmao. StatDNA seems to excuse Wenger a lot and i dont really know why

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think it’s time to move on though. Out of 25 years or whatever Wenger had two years where he didn’t make CL and was moved on.

Top clubs hire new managers, spend money and kick on, we done too, last summer was the biggest financial outlay in our history. It’s not the fault of Wenger we were 5th last summer, laid out 150M and are 10th now? Answer that?

Keep going back to Wenger is short sighted. Now is the time to say we hired the wrong manager in Emery, spent some money badly last summer etc. What is our owner going to do now?

Also, Mustafi and Xhaka are starting above signings made by the current regime. Arteta is selecting Mustafi over Sokratis while Torreira is on the bench and Xhaka is playing. What does that say about signings made by the current regime?

Had Emery not picked negative teams 12 months ago we would’ve got CL also.

Why do you keep saying this? Ivan and Sven were still here when bought they Sokratis, Torreira and Litch etc, Raul didn't have as much influence if any then.

If you're going to use this argument at least use it with players like Ceballos or Pepe.

Why do you keep saying this? Ivan and Sven were still here when bought they Sokratis, Torreira and Litch etc, Raul didn't have as much influence if any then.

If you're going to use this argument at least use it with players like Ceballos or Pepe.

Raul single handily drow this club into mediocrity. And he is not done. Mari is our star signing this summer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Really dont understand the narrative of players being forced upon a manager, like he doesnt have a say in it at all lmao. StatDNA seems to excuse Wenger a lot and i dont really know why

We signed Mustafi and Perez based off StatDNA despite our head scout opposing the moves. It was clear during that period we were making a lot of signings based off of StatDNA. What's unclear is whether Wenger supported these signings or not. Baring in mind it was very clear he didn't rate Perez and tried to get rid of Mustafi the following summer to Inter only for the move breaking down.

What's also clear is that Ivan's influence significantly increased during those years, I mean it was his decision by the end which lead to Wenger's departure. He also played a significant role in giving Özil his new contract and bringing in Emery.

Of course this doesn't mean that Wenger should absolved from all responsibility for what happened in those final years, of course not.

UpTheGunnerz

Of course this doesn't mean that Wenger should absolved from all responsibility for what happened in those final years, of course not.

This i can agree upon. A little b of Column A, a little bit of Column B. Some try to spin the narrative that StatDNA holds all the blame tho

UpTheGunnerz

Regarding Mustafi being pushed on Wenger; Fine. Well, make sure that doesnt happen and push harder for Manolas then. Since they were haggling about quite the small sum IIRC, like five mil or something like that.

GDeep™

League is very weak

We are talking about Wenger though? What happened with him and after him.

Raul is employed by Arsenal and has been for nearly 3 years now, he is complicit in everything anyway, despite how you paint it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But someone tell me, why keep crying about Mustafi and Xhaka when Arsenal spent money on players after Wenger, yet it’s Mustafi and Xhaka still playing. Isn’t the spending post Wenger as questionable?

Looks like next season Xhaka will be starting again, after telling fans to **** off. He is also considered an automatic starter and captain material for Emery and Arteta.

UpTheGunnerz

But someone tell me, why keep crying about Mustafi and Xhaka when Arsenal spent money on players after Wenger, yet it’s Mustafi and Xhaka still playing. Isn’t the spending post Wenger as questionable?

Looks like next season Xhaka will be starting again, after telling fans to **** off. He is also considered an automatic starter and captain material for Emery and Arteta.

Thats because he is a pretty good player. We all know Mustafi plays very good in patches, why not take advantage of that when he is having one. Especially when the brits are injured/out of form and sokratis only had one good season in him apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom