• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We are talking about Wenger though? What happened with him and after him.

Raul is employed by Arsenal and has been for nearly 3 years now, he is complicit in everything anyway, despite how you paint it.

I'm not talking about Wenger, I am literally saying all the signings you mentioned were't signed by the 'new' regime, as it's only been in place for a year.

Raul has worked for Arsenal since Feb 18, that summer we signed those players I mentioned and already had a transfer structure with Sven + Ivan who identified those targets in which everyone on AM call bums.

I don't care how you judge the new signings or what we should of done last summer because that at least has some justification.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Do people think Raul was just sitting there quietly until Ivan and Sven both left? I mean the reason Sven left was in part due to how much Raul was in control of things and how they differed in their vision thus Sven couldn't have as much of an influence over signings, recruitment and stuff as he would've liked.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

But someone tell me, why keep crying about Mustafi and Xhaka when Arsenal spent money on players after Wenger, yet it’s Mustafi and Xhaka still playing. Isn’t the spending post Wenger as questionable?

Looks like next season Xhaka will be starting again, after telling fans to **** off. He is also considered an automatic starter and captain material for Emery and Arteta.

Same with Luiz yet you seem to complain about him 24/7? And don't give me the best of a bad bunch crap when it's the same with Xhaka.

Do people think Raul was just sitting there quietly until Ivan and Sven both left? I mean the reason Sven left was in part due to how much Raul was in control of things and how they differed in their vision thus Sven couldn't have as much of an influence over signings, recruitment and stuff as he would've liked.

OnlyOne and the usual suspects love to blame Wenger for everything.

Then they pretend that Raul overpaying for the terrible player Pepe was some master business.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Fairly sure he left since Ivan (shock him again) wanted Sven for DoF role but ended up looking elsewhere.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I am not blaming Wenger? I am blaming Ivan and not blaming Raul, yet. Wenger was part of the decline you can't deny that.

I am happy to blame Raul when it's his time but right now I can't.

The bum squad love to make stuff up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not talking about Wenger, I am literally saying all the signings you mentioned were't signed by the 'new' regime, as it's only been in place for a year.

Raul has worked for Arsenal since Feb 18, that summer we signed those players I mentioned and already had a transfer structure with Sven + Ivan who identified those targets in which everyone on AM call bums.

I don't care how you judge the new signings or what we should of done last summer because that at least has some justification.

My point still stands though, the money spent by ‘the club’ after Wenger, was spent badly too.

I am not blaming Wenger? I am blaming Ivan and not blaming Raul, yet. Wenger was part of the decline you can't deny that.

I think its obvious by now that the club and the higher ups tied Wenger hands.

Lets not pretend Raul has done nothing in last 3 years. Raul is doing bad job. The club was in bad state. Raul has made the situation 100x worse by his actions.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

My point still stands though, the money spent by ‘the club’ after Wenger, was spent badly too.

That's fine, I agree. Ivan is what they have in common, until last summer of course.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I don’t know what you’re even arguing. Wenger WAS part of the decline, who said he wasn’t? He got sacked for it.

Since then though, we’ve done poor also. That’s all I’m saying.

Simple stuff but you’re all over the place here.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I don’t know what you’re even arguing. Wenger WAS part of the decline, who said he wasn’t? He got sacked for it.

A win against Crystal Palace or Chelsea last season and it is a successful season. Small margins between bad and good here. This season has been a disaster though, i will never regard last season as one

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I meant I am not solely blaming Wenger for the decline. I am blaming the recruitment around him, i.e Ivan and Sven and that StatDNA rubbish.

And I am backing up the fact Raul wasn't a key piece at all in that recruitment until last summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A win against Crystal Palace or Chelsea last season and it is a successful season. Small margins between bad and good here. This season has been a disaster though, i will never regard last season as one
My point too, last season we should’ve got CL, and that would’ve been the building block to really kick on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fairly sure he left since Ivan (shock him again) wanted Sven for DoF role but ended up looking elsewhere.

Yeah but Raul was part of the board, he has to take responsibility, I refuse to believe he wasn't influential. Him, Ivan and Sven were pretty much equals in terms of recruiting the new manager at the time. Also given his character I can't imagine Raul took a back seat when it came to recruitment over that summer period. But at the same time I can say the board deserve their fair share of the blame as in not lumping it all on one person. Again I've been unbelievably critical of Ivan for years but to just go, ah yeah it was all Ivan seems like an easy way to me. It's not as if our recruitment got significantly better when he left either. It was pretty much the same or maybe slightly improved in terms of a structure but we still left holes and tried to take short cuts.

At the same time I'm not really of the opinion that Wenger should be completely absolved for the last 2/3 years and that we should just blame everything on others either. It was shown before that he was very reluctant to sign players, he was a bit stubborn in the market and kept faith with players who constantly let him down.

What you're doing is trying to absolve Raul of any blame which I find quite bizarre given the evidence pointing that he was very much involved. Like there's no real evidence to suggest he just took a back seat and let Ivan/Sven handle all the recruitment. I'm not convinced, I mean maybe you're right I don't know it just seems a bit far-fetched to me.

I think its just hard for the usual suspects like OnlyOne that said we would win the league if Wenger would get sacked and mocked but instead what happened is that we are in worse situation.

Just look at the post people telling us that every player at the club is the best in league and that we are doing great even if we are 10th.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
My point too, last season we should’ve got CL, and that would’ve been the building block to really kick on.

CL last season and Harry Maguire, Thomas Partey and Wilfried Zaha would have played here (maybe). Would have been exciting, although i prefer Pepes profile i think

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but Raul was part of the board, he has to take responsibility, I refuse to believe he wasn't influential. Him, Ivan and Sven were pretty much equals in terms of recruiting the new manager at the time. Also given his character I can't imagine Raul took a back seat when it came to recruitment over that summer period. But at the same time I can say the board deserve their fair share of the blame as in not lumping it all on one person. Again I've been unbelievably critical of Ivan for years but to just go, ah yeah it was all Ivan seems like an easy way to me. It's not as if our recruitment got significantly better when he left either. It was pretty much the same or maybe slightly improved in terms of a structure but we still left holes and tried to take short cuts.

At the same time I'm not really of the opinion that Wenger should be completely absolved for the last 2/3 years and that we should just blame everything on others either. It was shown before that he was very reluctant to sign players, he was a bit stubborn in the market and kept faith with players who constantly let him down.

What you're doing is trying to absolve Raul of any blame which I find quite bizarre given the evidence pointing that he was very much involved. Like there's no real evidence to suggest he just took a back seat and let Ivan/Sven handle all the recruitment. I'm not convinced, I mean maybe you're right I don't know it just seems a bit far-fetched to me.

I am absolving Raul with any blame since as I have stated lots that while Ivan was in charge, we spent money poorly. Now we will see what Raul is made of and the direction this club will go in with him and I am happy to change my mind if I believe he's done poorly.

Plus I have already said Raul has made errors, keeping Unai on for so long, wanting to give him an extension etc. It's just previous transfers I don't blame.

I am absolving Raul with any blame since as I have stated lots that while Ivan was in charge, we spent money poorly. Now we will see what Raul is made of and the direction this club will go in with him and I am happy to change my mind if I believe he's done poorly.

Its not about what you believe. Its about facts and the fact is that Raul hasn't signed one player that has had good influence on results. He has signed over 20 terrible players. Its fact not believe. He has been terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom