• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was already gash from the last season of Wenger. Infact e became mediocre from the second half of 2015/2016 season.

It's quite amazing that we still have people who are giving excuses. I'll stop here don't want to sic Gagan and the rest of the usual suspect on myself

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He was already gash from the last season of Wenger. Infact e became mediocre from the second half of 2015/2016 season.

It's quite amazing that we still have people who are giving excuses. I'll stop here don't want to sic Gagan and the rest of the usual suspect on myself

What kind of nonsense is this?

Had a 12 goals, 14 assists season in 16/17. Was incredible in Wenger's last season, which granted him the fat contract.

ozil_attack_rating_adj-1024x1024.png

His attacking contributions fell off a cliff and halved once Bumnai took over. Less involvement in general play, average passes went from in the 65+ to 45, less key passes, less goals, less assists, less dribbling, etc. Less everything.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What kind of nonsense is this?

Had a 12 goals, 14 assists season in 16/17. Was incredible in Wenger's last season, which granted him the fat contract.

ozil_attack_rating_adj-1024x1024.png

His attacking contributions fell off a cliff and halved once Bumnai took over. Less involvement in general play, average passes went from in the 65+ to 45, less key passes, less goals, less assists, less dribbling, etc. Less everything.
He wasn't incredible in Wenger's last season. He had a stretch of about 10 games where was phenomenal before the contract. He was mediocre for most of the season. He got that contract for his form during that period and because Alexis had already gone to UTD. Ivan panicked and gave him that fat contract. Go back and check, his best form was just before he signed that fat contract. His last away assist came just before he signed that fat contract.

Emery didn't kill him. He lost his motivation for football and mentally retired after that fat contract.

Even in the 2015/2016 season a lot of his assists were from set pieces. I'm not saying he wasnt good that season. But the fact that most people will tell you that Özil's best season is 15-16 yet he was pathetic in the second half of the season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He wasn't incredible in Wenger's last season. He had a stretch of about 10 games where was phenomenal before the contract. He was mediocre for most of the season.

Strech of 10 games, what utter posh... :lol: You can have good games without assisting or scoring goals you know? I remember the 5-1 win against Everton, he didn't get an assist or goal, but he was absolutely sensational.

He got that contract for his form during that period and because Alexis had already gone to UTD. Ivan panicked and gave him that fat contract.

Based off absolutely nothing concrete, pure speculation as most of your arguments appear to be.

His last away assist came just before he signed that fat contract.

So what? If you're referring to the league, then he only played two away games after that... in the EL he assisted twice away at Milan. In general, he was superb in the EL knock-out stages, 3 assists against CSKA as well. And he put one of his best individual performances at home against Atletico, too. Had a couple of assists in the league as well, but wasn't playing much then due to his back problems.

Even in the 2015/2016 season a lot of his assists were from set pieces. I'm not saying he wasnt good that season. But the fact that most people will tell you that Özil's best season is 15-16 yet he was pathetic in the second half of the season.

In a season, where had a recording breaking 145 key passes.. who the f*ck cares if many of his assists were from set pieces? He wasn't pathetic, even scored and assisted in that pathetic Utd away game, and also assisted that Welbeck winning goal against Leicester, which many refer back to as a point, where they thought we could go back to win the league. Was only so long he was able to carry bums like Giroud, Coquelin, Campbell, etc. and whoever was playing during that period, where we were in shambles with injuries.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Without someone else creating space in the midfield for him to actually do something hes pointless as he will always look for the pass and can only rarely deal with someone marking him tight. Mark him tight, make sure the passing lanes are closed and hes toothless. Then when hes realised he cant do anything he drops deep and we have no link between the deeper midfield and the attack.

He benefited from Ramsey, Cazorla and Sanchez creating acres for him in general play and Giroud used to be a handful on the set pieces. In addition to that our outlets for starting an attack used to be long balls to Chamberlain, Giroud and Sanchez; I think Szcezney used to do this all the time. This meant the ball was already up the pitch and Özil was already in dangerous areas as an option. Now he has nobody to create massive amounts of space, has nobody to transition the ball to the attack for him and he struggles badly, he hasnt been producing what we need and without a team to do the hard work (and i dont mean the tackling I mean actually orchestrating the attack) he hasnt been able to deliver anything of substance consistently.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Without someone else creating space in the midfield for him to actually do something hes pointless as he will always look for the pass and can only rarely deal with someone marking him tight. Mark him tight, make sure the passing lanes are closed and hes toothless. Then when hes realised he cant do anything he drops deep and we have no link between the deeper midfield and the attack.

He benefited from Ramsey, Cazorla and Sanchez creating acres for him in general play and Giroud used to be a handful on the set pieces. In addition to that our outlets for starting an attack used to be long balls to Chamberlain, Giroud and Sanchez; I think Szcezney used to do this all the time. This meant the ball was already up the pitch and Özil was already in dangerous areas as an option. Now he has nobody to create massive amounts of space, has nobody to transition the ball to the attack for him and he struggles badly, he hasnt been producing what we need and without a team to do the hard work (and i dont mean the tackling I mean actually orchestrating the attack) he hasnt been able to deliver anything of substance consistently.
He took the credit for other people's work and Wenger was doing everything to set the team in a way where he would benefit the most from it. Once we'we lost some of the key players, it was clear to see his true level. I won't call him overrated but the guy is definitely not the best number 10 or whatever his fans thought he was. Just an OK-ish player that can be good on his day, but easily replaceable, not a game changer for sure

GDeep™

League is very weak
Impressive, but De Bruyne is impressive-er
He’s playing in a dream team though. Other players would have had more assists had they played alongside Aguero, Sterling, Sane etc, instead of Giroud, Ade, Walcott etc, like Cesc and Özil.

Fair play to him though, fabulous player.

The most impressive name there is Özil, second quickest to 50 assists but he played in a much much weaker team than all those guys.

Phenomenal.

Elite. We were blessed to have Özil here with his best years. Shame Gazidis & Raul couldn't back him up with the right quality around him!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s playing in a dream team though. Other players would have had more assists had they played alongside Aguero, Sterling, Sane etc, instead of Giroud, Ade, Walcott etc, like Cesc and Özil.

Fair play to him though, fabulous player.

Yeah sure i get where you coming from, and it is a legit opinion that i wont dispite. In my book De Bruyne is simply more impressive in the fact that he did it quicker, and Özil also has played for a high scoring team. Although whos to say Özil wouldnt have done it even quicker than Kevin if he played for City all these years, it is absolutely imaginable

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The most impressive name there is Özil, second quickest to 50 assists but he played in a much much weaker team than all those guys.

Phenomenal.

Absolutely sensational, doing this with the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck and Iwobi in attack. Alexis was quality granted but he was also very selfish. Incredible stuff. Just imagine if Özil was playing with an Aguero or Sterling on the wing just how much quicker he'd have reached 50 assists. It's such a shame looking back that we couldn't get in a striker like Auba back in 2014 or 2015. You have players like Alexis, Özil, Cazorla and then you have a Giroud as your main striker or you put Walcott there, it just isn't gonna get the best out of such talents.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Phenomenal.
Really impressive. But KDB is still better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom