• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Three of our boys there...lovely stuff!

Prime Özil was an end product machine, gotta give him that.

musoke

He’s playing in a dream team though. Other players would have had more assists had they played alongside Aguero, Sterling, Sane etc, instead of Giroud, Ade, Walcott etc, like Cesc and Özil.

Fair play to him though, fabulous player.
Do you know that KDB is the machine in there?
He is the guy that makes most of his own goals.
On top of that he is the guy that creates assists for his teammates out of nothing.
KDB creates, scores, dominates for his team in most cases.
Özil can be labelled impressive just because he only does one thing (assist) when his competitors are challenging him tightly even on the only aspect he is supposed to be on a different level to them.
On top of that Özil’s competitors do more, eg, score more goals, dominate games etc..

Can you see how you are over doing it with the “Impressive Tag?”

musoke

Absolutely sensational, doing this with the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck and Iwobi in attack. Alexis was quality granted but he was also very selfish. Incredible stuff. Just imagine if Özil was playing with an Aguero or Sterling on the wing just how much quicker he'd have reached 50 assists. It's such a shame looking back that we couldn't get in a striker like Auba back in 2014 or 2015. You have players like Alexis, Özil, Cazorla and then you have a Giroud as your main striker or you put Walcott there, it just isn't gonna get the best out of such talents.
He has had Auba and Lacazette for how many seasons now?
How many assists has he provided for them since they joined Arsenal?
This “Could have, would have, but If this If that” talk

Stop blaming Giroud and everyone else for Özil’s flaws. Stop the excuses.
Again, he has had Auba and Laca for how many seasons now? How many assists has be provided for them? 4 -5 assists? Now who’s fault is it? Must be Auba and Laca then?

Özil had his best ever assist season in his footballing career with Giroud. He could not manage to come near 20 league assists in a season when he had the likes of C.Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Di maria etc.

And most of those 19 assists in 2015/16 where mainly from dead balls (free kicks, corners) and crosses into the box that Giroud had to convert.

Auba has been here for a few seasons and I am yet to see any defense splitting passes from Özil to him.

I will keep saying it. Özil has to stand on his own merit like every other player in our sqaud. I don’t see anyone blaming Özil for why Laca has been a disappointment as a striker for us.

Don’t see anyone blaming anyone for why Xhaka is average. Don’t see anyone blaming anyone for why Mustafi is terrible. No excuses for Sokratis etc. They all are pelted because on their own merit, not because of anyone else. Blame is never shifted to encompass others.

The constant “Özil special pleading” from a significant section of our fanbase has to stop.

It gets a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He has had Auba and Lacazette for how many seasons now?
How many assists has he provided for them since they joined Arsenal?
This “Could have, would have, but If this If that” talk

Stop blaming Giroud and everyone else for Özil’s flaws. Stop the excuses.
Again, he has had Auba and Laca for how many seasons now? How many assists has be provided for them? 4 -5 assists? Now who’s fault is it? Must be Auba and Laca then?

Özil had his best ever assist season in his footballing career with Giroud. He could not manage to come near 20 league assists in a season when he had the likes of C.Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Di maria etc.

And most of those 19 assists in 2015/16 where mainly from dead balls (free kicks, corners) and crosses into the box that Giroud had to convert.

Auba has been here for a few seasons and I am yet to see any defense splitting passes from Özil to him.

I will keep saying it. Özil has to stand on his own merit like every other player in our sqaud. I don’t see anyone blaming Özil for why Laca has been a disappointment as a striker for us.

Don’t see anyone blaming anyone for why Xhaka is average. Don’t see anyone blaming anyone for why Mustafi is terrible. No excuses for Sokratis etc. They all are pelted because on their own merit, not because of anyone else. Blame is never shifted to encompass others.

The constant “Özil special pleading” from a significant section of our fanbase has to stop.

It gets a bit cringeworthy to be honest.
Spot on post. Some people are extremely cringey the way they praise Özil like he's some sort of god.

Also, even though it was a great achievement getting 19 assists, almost half of them are are crosses from corners or free kicks. Giroud was the man with the highest amount of goals based off of Özil's passes/crosses.

Riou

...Mes reminiscing about much better times recently.

Riou

Going a bit too far there mate :lol:

it-s-all-just-banter.png

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What do you do? You’ve camped out in this thread since you’ve joined posting constant lies, fake news and negativity, liking every rubbish post only because it’s bashing Özil.

You’re a scumbag mate.
Why the meltdown?

I never said anything wrong, did I?

scytheavatar

Established Member
What do you do? You’ve camped out in this thread since you’ve joined posting constant lies, fake news and negativity, liking every rubbish post only because it’s bashing Özil.

You’re a scumbag mate.

Cause sticking your head in the sand does nothing to solve the real problems in the club. And Özil has been a problem of varying degrees since the day he joined us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’m still in love with this thread. To witness it grow over the years has just been so satisfying :drool: Can’t believe it’s nearly done. I propose that we keep it open once he joins the binmen in the bum league.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Cause sticking your head in the sand does nothing to solve the real problems in the club. And Özil has been a problem of varying degrees since the day he joined us.

It does feel like Özil is missing something and it's almost intangible. Like even when he runs a lot or is working hard I still get the feeling like there's something he's not giving, maybe it's unfair but it's how I feel when I watch him.

Maybe it's hunger? Maybe it's willpower? Or some deep buried desire to overcome adversity? I don't know.....I just know when I watched someone like Sanchez for us, it felt like he gave this on the pitch and could drag us out of certain situations because of it.

Özil is undoubtedly talented, I'd say probably our most naturally gifted player in the last five years and he was really good for us at the beginning but I do agree that even early on I had a deep rooted feeling that there's more Özil could provide but he wasn't.

It's a shame really but everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom