Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

1. Simple. Isn’t played for tactical reasons.

8.5%
  2. Simple. Isn’t played because he isn’t good enough

28.2%
  3. Falling out with Arteta for some reason

13.7%
  4. Being frozen out in an effort to get him to leave. Arteta’s hands are tied

28.2%
  5. Because he didn't take a pay-cut

17.9%
  6. Personal reasons

3.4%
  1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Man said ‘just imagine him behind Giroud’ like it was something amazing :lol:

I can’t believe AFTV has been around this long tho, feels like ages ago we signed Özil.

GeorgiaGunner, Oxeki and Riou like this.
  2. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Crazy isn't it, life seems so different now from when AFTV started...how were you feeling about the club back in 2013...were you excited for Mes?

Arsenal kinda took the shine of it a bit for me, went that summer thinking we getting a straight 10/10 in Suarez, that getting an 8/10 in Mesut seemed a bit of a disappointment in a way...this club is weird :lol:

Grew to love Mes not long after though.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

I was excited but at the same time kind of confused because we didn't really need him, we had Santi, Rosicky, Wilshere and Ramsey and probably others. It was Arsène's addiction to attacking midfielders when we needed a striker. We spent that summer going after Higuain and Suarez just to end up with a 4th or 5th AM?

Riou likes this.
  4. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I started to dislike Özil the same day we bought him, but at the start, I blamed Wenger more than the player because he played well in that setup.
    From the moment he signed that new contract I started to hate everything about him, and he proves me right every time he does nothing on the pitch, which is about 90% of the time.

When I think of what's wrong with Arsenal these days, Özil would be the first problem that I would think of, from a financial perspective to difficulties of a team setup. Only after him, I would start to think about Xhaka, Mkhi, Elneny or Stan.

This was the most selfish transfer that happened for the last 20 seasons. It took our whole transfer budget that year and we broke all the wage logic that we could by giving him a new contract. Now you see players on 150-200k being unhappy with that only because they see Özil every day stealing a living. I can't blame them.

That being said, I kind of liked him for Germany back then and he was fun to watch sometimes at Real Madrid, but he was never needed at Arsenal.

Oxeki and Notorious Big like this.
  5. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

We've dodged the bullet there keeping only one mercenary. I do understand why they've kept him, but it's not like I agree with what they did, especially when you consider that the next manager didn't want him at the club. So much for planning around here

Riou likes this.
  6. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Just imgwne the apocalyptic scenario whereby the club had given Sanchez and Özil monster wage and both are still here. :lol:

That would have been huge strangulation on our finances

Maybe likes this.
  7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

It's bizarre how Sanchez and Özil have become jokes really, when not that long ago both were in the conversation as the best player in the league...football, like life, can change so quickly.

Maybe likes this.
  8. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I guess it's important that we learn from that, that's why I'm not a big fan of giving new contracts to Laca and Auba.

Brett and Riou like this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Why is it bizarre? Isn’t Özil 32 in a few months? Past 30 players hit a decline, generally. Both have been at awful clubs with awful managers in recent times too - Mesut under Emery and Sanchez at Utd with Mourinho.

Further, Auba aside, maybe Ramsey, nobody at Arsenal has performed since Wenger has left.

10. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Most players have been playing better under Emery during his first season than they did during Wenger's last season. Especially Kola and Xhaka.

11. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

We changed quite a lot players since Wenger's last season at Arsenal.And those who played under him and now have poor quality.Xhaka,Kolasinac and others.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Wenger last season was a car crash. The bar is pretty low, would say the season before is a better comparison. We had a great home record, good record against the top 4 etc.

13. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

This guy on Reddit was posting an Özil pass every day until we played again. He put them all together here. 10 min and 91 passes.

14. Rosso

Rosso AM's Resident United Fan

What happened?

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Nobody knows. Looks like Arteta has something to get off his chest on this, so something has happened.

16. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Another manager thinks Özil is a bum?

[​IMG]

roz and CaseUteinberger like this.
  17. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Probably not showing up for those meetings or something like that.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Your bumm boy Luiz dropped too

19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes it'll be interesting to see what happened this is the 3rd manager that look had problems with Özil after short period

20. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

What do you mean what happened? When at any time has our highest earner been assured to start?

There’s always something, just add it to the pile mate: Rolex robberies, mystery ilnesses, falling out with managers, falling out with entire continents, fallout of association with a war criminal, mental struggles, low immune system, away games on cold evenings north of the Watford gap. The list is endless and stretches back many years.

Why anyone would register a micro-atom of surprise at this news is beyond me.

James Bond, roz and CaseUteinberger like this.