• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
"Same direction as Emery got from the club"

Don't make me laugh, if Özil applied himself well enough then why would the club or its managers want to drop Özil to send a message. If he was worth his spot in our plans we wouldnt be doing this.

Emery has spoken a lot about his issues with Özil, he wasnt manipulated by the hierarchy to not play him. That simply doesnt happen at football clubs, it would be ludicrous.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
But anyway in terms of this Arteta and Özil situation, the jury is still out.

I do think that using the term 'tactical reasons' is a modern day catchword for 'im not happy with him' in some shape or form. There is no way a player who started most games under Arteta would suddenly not be in a 20 man squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why don’t the club sort out a deal with him? Maybe pay off 40-60% of his contract and release him. That allows him to move on with a pay off, and an ability to go elsewhere and earn to make up what he would’ve made here in the next year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This can’t continue next season, we’re in conspiracy theory territory. Until today, he’s been involved with Arteta, what could’ve gone wrong in the last few weeks? He stopped putting effort in training? Doesn’t make sense.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Why don’t the club sort out a deal with him? Maybe pay off 40-60% of his contract and release him. That allows him to move on with a pay off, and an ability to go elsewhere and earn to make up what he would’ve made here in the next year.
I think what he did was make it clear he doesn't want to leave London and will stick it out with the current deal no matter what, really.

The club and managers not wanting won't make a difference here unless they take drastic measures. Then again I'm certain Özil isn't concerned with getting on the pitch that much.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Cause to do so would require people in the club admitting that they made a mistake in giving him the contract extension. Something they are unable to do. Similarly we had a chance to sell Mkhi to Roma early in the season, and now that deal is at risk because people in the club are not willing to admit they shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

scytheavatar

Established Member
But anyway in terms of this Arteta and Özil situation, the jury is still out.

I do think that using the term 'tactical reasons' is a modern day catchword for 'im not happy with him' in some shape or form. There is no way a player who started most games under Arteta would suddenly not be in a 20 man squad.

Why not? You should know by now how Özil works, he has shown that he can put in a shift when he is bothered to do so. Problem is..........

gamechannel

This can’t continue next season, we’re in conspiracy theory territory. Until today, he’s been involved with Arteta, what could’ve gone wrong in the last few weeks? He stopped putting effort in training? Doesn’t make sense.

I'm sure this is the clubs way of getting back at him for refusing the paycut. The club first leaked his name as one of the 3 players who rejected the paycut while keeping the other two hidden and now the same answer as Emery - tactical reasons. Its clear, they want him out and deliberately dropping him to force him out. He, on the other hand, has called their bluff on every occasion choosing to stay silent and stating through his agent that he's committed to staying at arsenal and seeing out his contract.

This whole thing is Don Raul trying to do what he did earlier and Arteta following orders. The hierarchy wants to move on from Özil and perhaps Arteta sees this as a lost season and opportunity to try out other players in his place to see what they've got to offer. Problem is, unless he brings in Martinelli and Pepe on the flanks to offer movement and pace, he can't survive without a natural AM - which we don't have any other than Özil.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Even if we don't sign anyone this summer I'd be okay with if we move out this leech along with Mustafi Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka.

They aren't even bothered. Just here for the paycheck.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Even if we don't sign anyone this summer I'd be okay with if we move out this leech along with Mustafi Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka.

They aren't even bothered. Just here for the paycheck.
dude, he wasn't in the squad.

This is inordinate amount of hate.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

One more year of this circus. I don’t blame him for refusing to leave, this £18m he’ll earn over the next 12 months is his last big contract. When he goes to Turkey or America in 2021 he’ll probably get a third of that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
With every day that passes we get closer and closer to the end of his contract, that’s the only positive now with Mes.

Not sure I have ever seen such a top footballer become such a joke before, certainly not at Arsenal...he was once the number 10 of Real ****ing Madrid, now he just can’t be arsed to do anything whatsoever.

His arrival here was greeted with such glee, yet his exit will be greeted with even more glee and that’s straight up sad really.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think that contract ruined any sort of professionalism he had left.

arsmile

Established Member
The 'tactical reasons' does not ring true when you are not even in a match day squad- with a bench of 9! And it has happened over and over again.

Part of me thinks that he has a clause in his best-contract-of-all-time which gives him some kind of super bonus if he's an unused sub- trying to figure out what else it could possibly be if it was 'tactical'.

Maybe more likely that he shirked off the zoom meeting and 'tactical' was a cover of 'disciplinary' ….but the former is MORE controversial than the latter....so not sure who would come up with that.

darkgunner

Arteta is obviously pissed with him for whatever reason, likely training and on pitch effort related going by Özil's previous history.

Özil has no future here, the club should honestly pay him to leave and get it over and done with. No point wasting time and resources to rehabilitate him and try to shoehorn him into games when he is barely effective anyway.

When you have players like this, they become the centre of attention in a negative way and drag down everyone else. Keeping him in the team can only damage us short and long term.

MATHEO

Say what you want about Özil being a defensive liability but no way having teenagers in Willock and Guendouzi, running around like headless chicken and losing the ball at every opportunity, as replacements is going to improve our midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom