• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hmm wouldn't you say Willock is quite physical? AMN would be if he played in CM but then we'd have to deal with his lapses, I don't think we can risk that project now.

I agree about the rest. Up front there's a bit of pace in Auba and Saka, but that's hardly the spine.
Yeh in terms of spine I meant CM and CB. Willock hasnt used his strength or pace in the middle of the park since the start of the season. He looked so promising vs Burnley and Newcastle.

He has become a shell of his former self since. I wonder if it was anything to do with signing a new long term contract. Maybe he took his foot off the gas, because I miss the player we saw beforehand.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’m not surprised man. Its pretty obvious to the sane people.

The guy is grade A bellend. Could take a dump on the doorstep of the Emirates and people would still find a way to blame it on literally anything else.

Get all these ****ing parasites out of our club.
Poisson everywhere from owner to board to players. Sick of it.
The Özil lackeys can follow him to Istanbul or wherever he ends up
When I said this yesterday you kept attacking me calling me names...ffs. Life comes at you fast (CC @say yes )

gamechannel

If Özil ain't training right, needs to be benched. Unfortunately, due to Raul's mismanagement, we don't have another no. 10 at the club. So gotta roll with the utter garbage that is Willock.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We need to introduce a new wage cap going forward, looking at our squad I don’t think anybody should be earning anywhere near £200k a week bar Aubameyang.

vantoure

What? The information I had didn’t suit your agenda?

I’m saying what I have heard from someone who’s essentially in Özil’s circles, are you star struck or something? I know Özil is a messiah to you but he knows normal people too you know.
:)

You'll have to agree this sounds familiar - in the category of a friend of Diaby's praying in the mosque and getting transfer scoop, lol - as well as it reeks of total BS anyway.

Was this event during the lockdown or prior to that when he was starting every match for Arteta or this just happened during the City match?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If we don't play Özil then we cannot play with a 10 because we simply don't have anyone else in the squad who can play that role effectively. We've tried it with Willock a few times and it just doesn't work. I don't get why Emery first and now Arteta have persisted with the idea that Willock as the ability to play the role when he just doesn't look comfortable and has been largely ineffective when playing there.

If we don't play Özil then we have to play 4-3-3 and even then I'm not convinced we've got the calibre of players or the right profiles to play that effectively either. Especially not with Xhaka and Torreira both injured, unless we play AMN as the 6, maybe it might work something like Ceballos and Willock as the 8's and AMN as a 6 is something I wouldn't mind giving a try.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If we don't play Özil then we cannot play with a 10 because we simply don't have anyone else in the squad who can play that role effectively. We've tried it with Willock a few times and it just doesn't work. I don't get why Emery first and now Arteta have persisted with the idea that Willock as the ability to play the role when he just doesn't look comfortable and has been largely ineffective when playing there.

If we don't play Özil then we have to play 4-3-3 and even then I'm not convinced we've got the calibre of players or the right profiles to play that effectively either. Especially not with Xhaka and Torreira both injured, unless we play AMN as the 6, maybe it might work something like Ceballos and Willock as the 8's and AMN as a 6 is something I wouldn't mind giving a try.
We should be aiming to go 433 anyway, get the players we need and do it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
we need pace and power in there.

There was a DVD I got around 2007, called "Arsène's 11"...Wenger's most selected 11 (up to that point at least).

The two central midfielders were Vieria and Parlour, Arsène then talks about the importance of having that power in a team...shame he ignored that after the stadium move.

The worst part is, at least when we had too many technical number 10s playing in midfield for us, we were very fun to watch...last few years, we have had nothing out on the pitch really...no power, no skill, just slow zombies tripping up over their own feet :facepalm:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

There was a DVD I got around 2007, called "Arsène's 11"...Wenger's most selected 11 (up to that point at least).

The two central midfielders were Vieria and Parlour, Arsène then talks about the importance of having that power in a team...shame he ignored that after the stadium move.

The worst part is, at least when we had too many technical number 10s playing in midfield for us, we were very fun to watch...last few years, we have had nothing out on the pitch really...no power, no skill, just slow zombies tripping up over their own feet :facepalm:
Agreed, power and pace is tried and tested. Wenger followed the Barca model under Pep and we went downhill after that.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
From the Bundesliga he rises
Creating armies on either shore
Turning Gooner against Gooner
Till Arsenal exists no more

Victoria Concordia Crescit

enzo-ferrari-1108x0-c-default.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts