• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So far none of them have made a single constructive case for why Willock or Cebellos or Nelson is a better option for us in a game like yesterday specially as a sub. They all just keep going after his high wage as if he pointed a gun to the board's head to give him that high salary.

He absolutely is Raul's ***** if he's doing his bidding for him. One day Özil os dropped for tscgical reason, next day he's not fit and ready. Next day he's in the squad. Boy, that Özil sure has some magical physical powers to get fit in a day's time!!!

From playing every game under Arteta to being dropped after refusing a paycut, its no rocket science to figure out who is the ***** and who's the master.

Again, you may resort to labels like fangirls etc to make your point when you don't actually have any defense for the fact that this Özil drama is clu

Well, Arsenal sure won the game, didn't they?

Again, you're too thick to get ot through your head. I was referring to the subs. You bring Özil on, shift Saka wide on the LW and move Auba centrally to see if you can get the lead back. So Saka, as well as he did, can stay on, exploit the LW where Auba is ineffective and used centrally where he's more effective.

I never said Özil should have started. But you're too thick to see that cuz in your mind, I am an Özil fanboy cuz I'm not following the anti-Özil narrative.

You keep bringing up the fact that Özil would have changed the game for us. How many times have we been embarrassed despite Özil being on the pitch? Countless times. The manager determined that it was not in the best interest of the team for Özil to start and then you started calling Mikel "Raul's B#tch." :lol: :rofl:

Imagine calling the manager a "B#tch" because he refused to start your favourite player FFS.

Not sure if this is Arsenal-Mania or Özil-mania :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: roz

GDeep™

League is very weak
@say yes talking about Low but he picked Özil right until he retired, he was never dropped by Germany. Özil has featured for Arteta 95% of the time too, might even play on Thursday.

As usual, @say yes not being genuine.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Your posting on Özil has always been dubious. You’ve actually been exposed quite abit, you’re nothing but a hater.
My post is dubious because I demand more from our highest earner who is supposed to at least lead by example?

If that is dubious,then you're right, I am dubious.

Why would I hate him?

If he was consistently giving us good games, why would I bash him. If other Arsenal players take flaks for their performance then Özil should take double.

Wenger used to shield him and now Wenger is gone he's not used to being held accountable for his performances

gamechannel

You keep bringing up the fact that Özil would have changed the game for us. How many times have we been embarrassed despite Özil being on the pitch? Countless times. The manager determined that it was not in the best interest of the team for Özil to start you're calling Mikel "Raul's B#tch." :lol: :rofl:

Imagine calling the manager a "B#tch" because he refused to start your favourite player FFS.

Not sure if this is Arsenal-Mania or Özil-mania :lol:

Posters like you is seriously what is wrong with the forum. I'm sure you have good reading comprehension but you choose not to use it cuz that would actually mean having to come up with a sensible counter-argument instead of resorting to calling other posters fangirls and fanboys.

I never said he should have started. I said if hes on the bench and brighton have just scored to level, you bring him on and shift players like Saka and Auba in their natural positions to see if you can get something out of thr game. You're acting like I'm advocating for Özil inspite of us having won the game and/or the other subs being effective.

I have said this before and I will say this again. I dont a give a **** about Özil being or not being at the club as long as the club make up their ****ing mind and stop lying to us - paying fans and stop partaking in stupid BS. Özil is dropped due to tactical reasons on Wednesday as per Arteta. On Thursday, he was actually dropped cuz hes unfit and not ready. By Sat morning hes back in the squad - so much for him being unfit and not ready. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that the club has no ****ing clue how to be honest with the fans. So yes, Arteta is Raul's ***** if hes gonna play these games.

For years, us fans were frustrated at Wenger for sugar coating his statements and not telling us the truth with respect to transfers and club finances. Now, this new regime is being equally shifty with their statements except they are indulging in classless politics with players.

GunnerShy

I don’t care if he plays or not, and I actually want him to leave if possible. I just don’t understand this constant attacks on him, wether he plays or not.

People saying he’s a problem maker, what problems? Arteta has actually praised him.
I found some of his social media postings during his "freeze out" and the other day to be manipulative, inflammatory or disingenuous.

I also believe it's wrong to freeze a player out (clearly Arteta isn't doing that ATM, people are reading too deep into it). But I would ask why? Is it purely financial? I don't believe Emery freezes him out purely because the board want to ostracize him to get his salary off the books.

In the end, he's always been an indulgence player we all love watching him when he's on song but it's so few and far between that it's not worth the effort. He hurts us off the ball, he loses it too easily etc.

But most importantly, the games moved on. He's a square leg for a round hole. The number 10 is dead.

It isn't just Özil. It's Coutinho it's James Rodriguez. If you can't adapt modern sides won't be able to find a place for you. And when he hasn't been playing, the social media circus starts.

It's been a marriage of convenience. Worth the effort in the early days but drifting towards irreconcilable differences now.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Posters like you is seriously what is wrong with the forum. I'm sure you have good reading comprehension but you choose not to use it cuz that would actually mean having to come up with a sensible counter-argument instead of resorting to calling other posters fangirls and fanboys.

I never said he should have started. I said if hes on the bench and brighton have just scored to level, you bring him on and shift players like Saka and Auba in their natural positions to see if you can get something out of thr game. You're acting like I'm advocating for Özil inspite of us having won the game and/or the other subs being effective.

I have said this before and I will say this again. I dont a give a **** about Özil being or not being at the club as long as the club make up their ****ing mind and stop lying to us - paying fans and stop partaking in stupid BS. Özil is dropped due to tactical reasons on Wednesday as per Arteta. On Thursday, he was actually dropped cuz hes unfit and not ready. By Sat morning hes back in the squad - so much for him being unfit and not ready. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that the club has no ****ing clue how to be honest with the fans. So yes, Arteta is Raul's ***** if hes gonna play these games.

For years, us fans were frustrated at Wenger for sugar coating his statements and not telling us the truth with respect to transfers and club finances. Now, this new regime is being equally shifty with their statements except they are indulging in classless politics with players.
I'm sorry, if you call Arteta "Raul's b#tch" because he didn't play Özil, then you're an an fan boy. End of.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Posters like you is seriously what is wrong with the forum.
Actually, posters like you are what's wrong with this forum.

You keep defending Özil despite him producing little giving us so much drama than HBO.

It's quite baffling that the steeper his decline the more numerous his band of followers has become.

Can't wait till he feck off to a Turkish backwater or MLS so this drama can end.

The manager refuses to pick you and youre posting snide comments on social media.

Unacceptable!

Reactions: roz

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

This thread has grown by 85 pages since he last played. Aubameyang's thread for the entire season is 85 pages. Özil is gargantuan.
Well, the more you perform the lesser attention you get.

Auba does his talking on the pitch not on Twitter

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Well, the more you perform the lesser attention you get.

Auba does his talking on the pitch not on Twitter
:lol: Auba had his d1ck in the mouths of his haters all season... Whereas this chode...
Mesut_Ozil.0.jpeg

gamechannel

You keep defending Özil despite him producing little giving us so much drama than HBO.

It's quite baffling that the steeper his decline the more numerous his band of followers has become.

Can't wait till he feck off to a Turkish backwater or MLS so this drama can end.

The manager refuses to pick you and youre posting snide comments on social media.

Unacceptable!
I'm sorry, if you call Arteta "Raul's b#tch" because he didn't play Özil, then you're an an fan boy. End of.

Since you fail to engage in respectful discourse with fellow posters, let me say it one more time in a simpler language that perhaps you might understand. This is my last attempt to reason with you on this topic.

I called Arteta Raul's ***** (and stand by it) cuz he won't come out and say exactly why he didn't pick Özil. He changed his reason twice in 2 days just like his predecessor did. If he thinks Özil is no use to the club, then grow a set of balls, say it and stick to it by not picking him in the squad for the Brighton game and the rest of the season regardless of the results and status of creativity in the final third - all for the purpose of developing younger talent. The fans will accept that decision. But don't change that stance. Stick to it. None of this dilly dallying. Pick a position and move on with that. Enough Drama already.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
My post is dubious because I demand more from our highest earner who is supposed to at least lead by example?

If that is dubious,then you're right, I am dubious.

Why would I hate him?

If he was consistently giving us good games, why would I bash him. If other Arsenal players take flaks for their performance then Özil should take double.

Wenger used to shield him and now Wenger is gone he's not used to being held accountable for his performances
what frikking performances... you are just a blind hater.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't think he's physically or athletically declined, I just think he's lost motivation. He moved to Madrid when he was 22, won the World Cup when he was like 25. The guy had such huge success so early on. He moved to Arsenal to play under Wenger, it was good for a while, won a few cups, but eventually he probably realised he's not gonna win anything major here and then Wenger left.

Now he's 31. I just think the fire has gone. Some players lose that fire, that drive to win everything, some even lose their love of the game.

Özil is still just as talented as Zidane was. The difference is that Zidane had more of that fire, and never lost it.

roz

Fake News Merchant
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I don't think he's physically or athletically declined, I just think he's lost motivation. He moved to Madrid when he was 22, won the World Cup when he was like 25. The guy had such huge success so early on. He moved to Arsenal to play under Wenger, it was good for a while, won a few cups, but eventually he probably realised he's not gonna win anything major here and then Wenger left.

Now he's 31. I just think the fire has gone. Some players lose that fire, that drive to win everything, some even lose their love of the game.

Özil is still just as talented as Zidane was. The difference is that Zidane had more of that fire, and never lost it.
Imagine comparing Özil to Zidane.
One of the greatest players of all time & then Özil.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

“Go down with the ship than admit your error”.

What ship? Because Arsenal is going down with or without Özil. We’re all going down and have been since Stan took over.

I keep saying I don’t even care about Özil, but the clubs handling of this situation, as well as other stuff, is dubious.
That’s what I’ve been saying, nobody on here thinks if we play Özil we’re suddenly a CL team, nobody is saying he’s worth 350k/week. But if you don’t come in here screaming “death to Mesut” you have guys frothing at the mouth calling you Özil fangirls (@roz ).

The way the club is handling this situation makes it 10 times worse and makes me dread our future even more.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@say yes talking about Low but he picked Özil right until he retired, he was never dropped by Germany. Özil has featured for Arteta 95% of the time too, might even play on Thursday.

As usual, @say yes not being genuine.
He’s talking about that last world cup where Mesut created chance after chance for Germany but they bottled it. Löw panicked and sacrificed him in favor of the nice german blond guys to save himself and make the story about Mesut instead of his own failure to renew his team. He did that straight after the WC though and look, he’s still Germany manager today. Well played from Löw, misuse of facts from @say yes but that shouldn’t surprise you.

roz

Fake News Merchant
That’s what I’ve been saying, nobody on here thinks if we play Özil we’re suddenly a CL team, nobody is saying he’s worth 350k/week. But if you don’t come in here screaming “death to Mesut” you have guys frothing at the mouth calling you Özil fangirls (@roz ).

The way the club is handling this situation makes it 10 times worse and makes me dread our future even more.
I agree with you in that the club could be more transparent but as I (& many others) have said he’s been an issue with every manager we’ve had.

It is especially detestable that he then uses his social media to manipulate peoples opinions on him (@razörist ) playing some sort of victim in all this mess. The guy is a disgrace. Has been for ages and it pisses me off that he pulls the wool over the eyes of the many, many sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom