• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean I suppose I understand why he's staying. But wouldn't you just leave when you're that rich and go play some footy before it's too late?

I dunno

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Özil's a hard player to make judgements about because his ability to impact a game is so dependent on the quality of players he plays with, and whether they can get on the same wavelength. Since his back injury and the team quality dropping off, its been a combination of diminishing athletic capacity, diminishing motivation and seemingly being on a different wavelength to most of his teammates.

It doesn't help that the last two summers he was basically the scapegoat for the German WC disaster where he was getting racially abused by his own fans and politicians alike, and last year had the attempted robbery which totally ruined his new happy married life in London for a while. It also doesn't help that he and Emery are sort of the antithesis of each other.

My guess he still loves playing , and loves london, and deffo loves his paycheck, but that level of motivation to be consistently at the top level has just gone. We saw it with Arshavin when Russia didn't qualify for a major tournament (was it the world cup or euros?) and it affected him badly.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil has been a generational talent for sure, some people don't want to see that because he's fallen so far. Watch his Real Madrid videos, and his Arsenal videos up until 2016-ish. The fact that Ronaldo was upset that he was sold and the fact that Gooners all over the world went mad when he got here testifies to that.

That being said, he's been too lackadaisical since and doesn't care anymore it seems. All these injuries, half of which I'm not buying anymore, indicate that he can't or won't do it. He also isn't the best person to get on with criticism, as Wenger always needed to shield him when he wasn't playing very well. Perhaps mentally not strong enough for a team like Arsenal.

That being said, he won 3 FA Cups here and made us believe again that we were indeed going to be the super club that Gazidis mentioned some 10 years ago. When he played with the likes of Santi and Alexis, smashed Liverpool 4-1, Bayern 2-0 or United 3-0, he occasionally looked world class and enjoying life here. People should try to remember those times fondly, the days that we could sign stars that made us dream, instead of focusing on the last 3 years where he has been **** (yet probably still the most gifted player in this **** team).

Anyway, I hope he leaves this summer and then we can shift our focus to the Brexit de Bruyne: Emile Smith Rowe.
Watched. Tier 2-3 passer. Can’t do anything else other than passing.

We won things here because we had a team of players. Not because of Özil. We had Sanchez, cazorla...Not to mentioned that we were a bit lucky that our opponents in the tournaments are relatively easy to beat.

Individual attributes can’t be evaluated by team success, or else mustafi will become our best ever defender because he has won a World Cup and FA cups with us.

The only unbias way to compare them is to compare passes with passes, compare finishing with finishing, compare dribbling with dribbling......and regardless of what he has said on politics, regardless of what he has done to fans, regardless of his playing attitudes, regardless of what he has won....because a pass that has already made by him would not suddenly become more/less accurate if he has done the above.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Stop your bias for a second
Make a fair judgement and compare:

These passes are just mind blowing.

vs

Let’s be honest. Özil is not even close
KDB's passing is more effective than Özil. KDB's passes causes chaos in the defense because it is played into dangerous areas.

If you have a forward who can make a run, Özil Make a fantastic passes into their feet. KDB can destabilize a defense by the exceptional and dangerous balls he puts in there.

Plus the guy is a fighter and he doesn't use his social Media machinery to destabilize the club.

Özil has been retired since 2017. Literally every match he's players since then is a basically a testimonial FFS

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This thread should be locked until he actually plays, nothing new is being said.

Leo ense was trolling when he started that thread.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Özil's lack of game time has always been down to himself. People have blamed every manager along the way but nothing has changed. His ability has never been in doubt but his mentality has. When a manager says this, it just highlights my point

“I’m expecting a player that is not playing to feel hurt and disappointed,” Arteta said when asked specifically about Özil.

I think Özil feels it is the teams loss when he doesn't play rather than his loss. Its hard to say how important the money is to him because he could never be paid again and still live an amazing life. He wont change, this is Mesut Özil, we can only wait for the next year to pass. I trust Arteta to keep him out if he doesn't like what he sees off the field and in training.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This thread should be locked until he actually plays, nothing new is being said.

Leo ense was trolling when he started that thread.
Think the mod who opened this thread is the one trolling:lol:

say yes

forum master baiter
Özil’s passing has never been on the level of someone like De Bruyne or Fabregas’s.

He’s a good passer, but his game was always more about his (sensational) attacking movement and ability to pick up and progress the ball in dangerous pockets in-between the lines.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should really do the same with Mkhi his agent seem with mesut i don't understand how we are going to waste another 350k every week for whole next start speaking with agent about the cancelation of the contract

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Should really do the same with Mkhi his agent seem with mesut i don't understand how we are going to waste another 350k every week for whole next start speaking with agent about the cancelation of the contract

690.jpg

Özil is winning.

#YaGunnersYa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom