• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

690.jpg

Özil is winning.

#YaGunnersYa
Our 350k per week at work. **** me!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil’s passing has never been on the level of someone like De Bruyne or Fabregas’s.

He’s a good passer, but his game was always more about his (sensational) attacking movement and ability to pick up and progress the ball in dangerous pockets in-between the lines.

Agreed. When people talk about Özil’s passing they really mean his final ball. Those other guys do it all. He was a celebrated talent because like you said he was so effective at being a conduit between midfield and attack.

He doesn’t play with the same speed of thought or execution anymore. He’s quite happy to receive the ball and lay it off to the nearest man before jogging forward. Those other guys are protagonists.

They’ll make fewer accurate passes than Özil but many far more dangerous ones.

GunnerShy

Really intrigued to see what he does now. Fan base is mostly not fussed on whether he plays again or not. Does he have the fire in him to wind his neck in, force his way into the team at training and put the performances in on the pitch to prove people wrong?
Sadly I don't think he does. Yesterday's game was well set up for a man of his talents too.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's not that he's physically declined.

I think his decline is mental.

He just doesn't give a feck anymore.

Every game is like a testimonial for him

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It will be interesting to see what he does. Previously you had a large section of the fanbase who’d scream for him to be in the team any time we didn’t play well but that’s mostly gone now, all we’re left with is the freaks who’ll follow him to his new club. I think we’d let him go for free if he’d do something similar to Mkhitaryan but that has always looked like it wasn’t an option for him. That might change now his bullshit PR will mostly fall on death ears.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It will be interesting to see what he does. Previously you had a large section of the fanbase who’d scream for him to be in the team any time we didn’t play well but that’s mostly gone now, all we’re left with is the freaks who’ll follow him to his new club. I think we’d let him go for free if he’d do something similar to Mkhitaryan but that has always looked like it wasn’t an option for him. That might change now his bullshit PR will mostly fall on death ears.
@GDeep™

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not that he's physically declined.

I think his decline is mental.

He just doesn't give a feck anymore.

Every game is like a testimonial for him

Spot on.

Although, even this season he has shown he is useful in some situations when he can be bothered. Chelsea at home was one of his best ever games for the club imo, it was an absolute clinic.

He will definitely be here next season, so Arteta has to figure out in which games he can replicate something similar (probably Chelsea at home, he usually destroys Kante).

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This guy is such a distraction just by being at the club. FFP is suspended and it's probably 17m to pay up his contract possibly less with the weird way we do things. It's worth contacting his agent and putting an end to this. Just take the hit if Arteta doesn't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom