• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

FFS why do people always focus on Özil when we lose? He was playing fortnite before, during and after the game, so our poor results shouldn’t hinder his career here at Arsenal.

He has a year left at Arsenal and he will see it out by playing fornite.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
something is going on behind the scenes that neither club nor player nor player's agent are willing to talk about - there seems such a determination to keep a lid on it that it must be something the media would be all over, worse than they are at the moment when they can't get any proper info

I'm surprised nothing has leaked out. Tbh i'm almost impressed at the club's ability to keep this whole situation so opaque, I'd doff my cap if I weren't so annoyed by it all.

Dj_sds -

The club is not picking him to force him out. Nothing else makes sense. Before Covid he featured in every game, then he refused the pay cut.

No other explanation. It’s not like they are protecting him from a drug addiction or depression, they threw him under bus with the wage reduction thing.

Honestly it doesn't seem as if Özil cares if he plays or not. Even if they tried to force him out by not playing him, I doubt it, it doesn't seem very effective because it's obvious he isn't leaving until his contract runs out.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The only reason I could think of for the club to remain silent on this matter is they don't want to throw away any minor chance that some other club come for him this summer and they could convince him to move. Sounds a bit far fetched, but makes sense from a business perspective.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The only reason I could think of for the club to remain silent on this matter is they don't want to throw away any minor chance that some other club come for him this summer and they could convince him to move. Sounds a bit far fetched, but makes sense from a business perspective.

I actually think that's close to the answer, tbf.

Both are looking at options, and maybe Özil doesn't think he's got any good ones (like the various links to Turkey) and we're forcing his hand saying "thanks, but you're not playing anymore, you should leave".

We're not doing it publically because it would just get in the way like it sort of did with Emery.

What's interesting is that are no leaks this time, no "you make me laugh" posts, etc. Mesut won there, but he knows if he pulls this **** twice he's done at any "serious" club.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Imagine if we had kept Cazorla and sold Özil instead in 2018? Cazorla has played really good for Villareal this season.
Cazorla would've had to retire prematurely as the british sh*thouse midfielders would kick his ankles all game long every game with the refs doing everything in their power not to book them
Thankfully he is playing in a league where proper footballers are protected somewhat

Joestlaachmkr

Imagine if we'd done that and Cazorla playing a more pressured role in a more intense league had done his Achilles again...
He would probably have done better than what Özil have done during the last two seasons. lol

The whole Özil/AFC saga reminds me in many ways of Bale`s situation in Real Madrid.

MikeVinna

Established Member
The back soreness thing is obviously a lie. Arteta not knowing exactly what the injury and projected return date is and his deflection of questions regarding Mesut says it all really.

Also, he’s in full training as we can tell from the clubs official training photo’s.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Don't know what that mean Arteta said today the situation haven't changed since the restart.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Trademark Mesut masterclass against Liverpool tomorrow I am hearing...

...source told me Mes said he will give Mikel one more game, use it wisely...Arteta whispered "Scouse ****s" ,Özil nodded then went back to playing Fortnite...he is indeed ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom