• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I guess so.

But Overmars was hugely underrated. Think he would have been on par with any of our legends if he had stayed.

During Arsène’s time, probably only Pires is a better wide player than Marc for us, brilliant player.

But only Henry is comparable to Bergkamp really...those are our two GOATs, in terms of attacking players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta said yesterday Özil is available for selection but he doesn't know if Özil will ever play for Arsenal again Arteta say he'll pick team that have chance to win and preform on pitch.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If that’s how it is then he needs to be told he’s no longer in the frame so he needs to make a decision on his playing future.

That tweet will have pissed Arteta off immeasurably. If he has any real intentions on being selected again, that **** needs to stop. He’s been playing this game for ages now and it hasn’t worked on none of our recent managers. If it came out that his twitter had been hacked, I’d probably have believed it, such is the utter bare cheek of it. It’s all ‘me me me me my brand me me me’... Can’t believe anyone is backing him here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bergkamp would be perfect for today’s football, if anything he’ll find easier with the poor level of defending, protection from referees etc. You can’t touch an attacker now, back in the day Bergkamp would get kicked all over the park.

Even the way teams set up, think Bergkamp would be massively suited to modern football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If that’s how it is then he needs to be told he’s no longer in the frame so he needs to make a decision on his playing future.
You think he hasn’t already been told that? How about we just pay him off and terminate his contract? After all, it seems to be the club who want to end this relationship, he seems happy to fulfil his deal no matter what.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You think he hasn’t already been told that? How about we just pay him off and terminate his contract? After all, it seems to be the club who want to end this relationship, he seems happy to fulfil his deal no matter what.

How much would you have to pay to do that, like 15m or so? Paying 15m to not have a player is just ridiculous, and yet also one of the most sensible options.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How much would you have to pay to do that, like 15m or so? Paying 15m to not have a player is just ridiculous, and yet also one of the most sensible options.

Yeah it’s not good. Maybe loan him out, take a fee for the loan but pay most of his wages while the other club pays part of the wages etc.

He’s happy, like Gareth Bale, like Ramsey in the near future I guess, to sit and see out his deal. So the impetus is on us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You think he hasn’t already been told that?
You told me a few weeks ago that clubs dont do that :lol: Fwiw, no, I don’t think he’s been told that yet.
How about we just pay him off and terminate his contract? After all, it seems to be the club who want to end this relationship, he seems happy to fulfil his deal no matter what.
I agree, we should just let him go. Pay him off, whatever.

Manberg

Predator
Özil’s wages took the space of two quality players we could have had in his stead. The man is a big reason why we’ve regressed over the last 2 years.
Looking back at it now it’s easy to see that the club made a huge mistake. But at the time, could you imagine the backlash from the fans had Özil not been given a new deal?

I dislike him. He earns more in a week than I do in 8 years and he does not deserve it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You told me a few weeks ago that clubs dont do that :lol: Fwiw, no, I don’t think he’s been told that yet.
I thought you meant come out in public and tell fans/media that Özil is out the picture, clubs don’t do that.

I think they have told him though. My guess is people like Raul have tried to get rid of him for a while, get his wages off the books.

Manberg

Predator
I thought you meant come out in public and tell fans/media that Özil is out the picture, clubs don’t do that.

I think they have told him though. My guess is people like Raul have tried to get rid of him for a while, get his wages off the books.

Does it not cost the club more financially to buy out his contract than have him sit out the rest of it?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Sets a dangerous precedent though.

Has it ever happened before on such a high profile player? Just imagine that becoming a trend amongst footballers

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil, his father and Arteta should get on the phone with the Real Madrid president, clear the air and get him in Zidane's team.

They need him there

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah it’s not good. Maybe loan him out, take a fee for the loan but pay most of his wages while the other club pays part of the wages etc.

He’s happy, like Gareth Bale, like Ramsey in the near future I guess, to sit and see out his deal. So the impetus is on us.
Yeah... Utd solution to the Alexis situation is the way to go. Even Inter wants to make the deal permanent.

So let's get on the phone with Napoli or DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom