• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
But that’s their own personal opinion.
Their opinion about Özil is opinion like any normal fan. We all watch football and have our own interpretation of what we witness.
Aren’t their former players or managers that say te opposite to what is being said in that video?
Özil is not mentioned once in the video

sdotzdot

Established Member
But that is not how life operates.
As long as Özil is still an Arsenal player taking £350,000 a week and not giving a monkeys about our club and putting in the work to warrent his wages then this thread will keep going.

Remember Rooney at United? Was on £300,000 about week. Over stayed his welcome at united and was just happy to get his wages. Same situation as Özil right now, £350,000 a week but just happy to sit on it and spend most of his time playing online Video games. Rooney was the talk of the media and United fans until he left.

Same with Wenger, over stayed and he was the talk amongst us Arsenal fans and media. Once he left the talk left too.

Same with Bale at Madrid. They have had enough of him. But he is happy taking his massive wages. And he is the talk in Madrid. But once he is gone then hardly anyone will ever mention his name ever again.

And if Özil was not on such massive wages, was not a social media propagandists and didn’t have the over the top hype from his fans then I don’t think we would be spending so much time talking about him. Constant poor performances, poor attitude and mentality all for £350,000 a week is a tough pill to swallow me as an Arsenal fan.
That’s all.
And on top of all of that we have arsenal fans taking his side like he’s some victim while he embarrasses our club, sickening stuff.

I cannot believe stats were used a few days ago to act as if Özil has created the most chances for us this season :lol:

His propaganda scheme is North Korean levels, he and his team are elite at something at least.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡

...my younger cousin was fuming when he first showed me this video...was hilarious!
Payet was a beast in his first season at West Ham. He scored 9 and assisted 12, but his overall play was something else.
West Ham played some of their best football that season under Bilic. Then, the magic faded away and they started getting worse.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But mouthy Mourinho has had 3 opportunities to put his mouth where his mouth is on this whole Özil hype, but he always seems to do the opposite.
He does all this big Özil talk all the time but when the moments keep presenting themselves for him to Walk The Talk he is nowhere to be seen. If he is that great like you keep assuring us then why haven’t you signed him for all the clubs he has been at since Madrid? Lol

Example One.

Mourinho is sacked by Madrid in 2013, goes to chelsea, Özil is shown the door that same summer. Mourinho pretended as if Özil was not available. Waited the next summer and got Cesc instead.

Example Two

Mourinho is sacked by Chelsea. Goes to Man United. Özil runs down his contract. Mourinho in giving it his the normal “Özil is such a good player, he needs love and a manager that can...blah blah”. But instead of signing Özil he opted for Sanchez even if Özil was also available.

Example 3.

Gets sacked by Man United. Move to Sp**s. Arsenal are making it obvious that they are ready to offer Özil to whoever is willing to take him off their hands. As always, is Mourinho gonna just Talk the big hype Talk or Walk Özil talk this time?

It’s just curious and weird. So much hype talk when it comes to Özil but no action to back it up.
:lol:
Good post and spot on!

This is one thing I never understood with some posters and how they rate players. Isn't the fact that no one has come in for Özil proof enough that he isn't an attractive signing? Or with Xhaka, if he is a great midfielder, like some like to believe, how come it was a mid table Bundesliga outfit that showed interest?

I am convinced that the free football market works quite well in showing the true value of players. You more or less get what you pay for. Sure you can overpay or find a cheap gem, but overall it works quite well. The fact that Mourinho hasn't tried to sign Özil shows what he actually thinks of him.

Gooner1988TK

Exactly mate. The games has evolved.

In this tactically detail orientated era, Özil is a huge tactical liability. He can only operates well in one phase of the game (in the final third). And if our team are struggling to get into the final third, he won’t contribute to help our team progressing into this phase. His problem is far from just defending.

These weaknesses of Özil was always there. Even if todays Özil is the same Özil 5 years ago, he will still be out of Arteta’s plan.

Since tactics has started to become more and more complex in the early 2010, there will only be one fate of these kind of players.

(I'm not talking about other #10. Most of them have the dribbling ability and they always helping the team in general play, which makes them still very useful players in todays game. I'm talking about players who focus on just one phase of the game, failing to contribute in other phases.)

Some articles portraits Özil as a victim of traditional #10 in modern football. His fans like to make excuses for him: “It’s the player type that is not suitable anymore in modern football. It’s not Özil to be blamed.”

But this is just not true.

Özil is very different to most #10. Most #10 are not just final third players, they can dribble in tight space for fun, and they involved heavily in the general play. Özil is so unique/limited that he only has himself to blame for not making it in modern football.

The same could be said for Aubemayang too! His goals to games ratio make him look like an amazing footballer but honestly let’s be truthful. The guys overall game is awful. Can’t cross, can’t hold up the ball, can’t pass, can’t beat a man with dribbling. His finish and ability to be in the right place at the right time is exceptional of course. The truth is he’s a more clinical Theo.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Payet was a beast in his first season at West Ham. He scored 9 and assisted 12, but his overall play was something else.
West Ham played some of their best football that season under Bilic. Then, the magic faded away and they started getting worse.

Payet always reminded me a bit of Reyes...someone with elite ability, but with a mindset that played football for fun rather than for trophies.

Saying that Reyes has a impressive trophy haul.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Payet always reminded me a bit of Reyes...someone with elite ability, but with a mindset that played football for fun rather than for trophies.

Saying that Reyes has a impressive trophy haul.
R.I.P Reyes! In his latter part of his career he toughened up at Sevilla and Atletico.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just read on the athletic that out of Aubameyang's 54 goals - Özil has assisted just 1 :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I read that Auba assist stat while back on twitter but wasn’t sure it was true so didn’t repost on here. If it’s published in the Athletic I guess then that’s that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Cherry picking stats and using revisionist history just to keep your bitterness for a player fueled is a mental health disorder. This thread is a mess.
Where was this attitude when someone tried to post those stats where Özil created the most chances this season or whatever that was :lol:

I’m not a fan of stats in isolation but some just tell a story on their own. Auba has been here for like, 2 seasons or something? Maybe 2 and a half? whilst Özil has been our highest paid and chief creator. It’s poor there’s no hiding from that, sorry folks.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

still talking **** about a player who hasn't played in months. even digging up stats.

Weird. o_O
Wasn’t digging, came across it in the Athletic article about Aubameyang. If we don’t offer Auba what he is looking for, Özil’s second Arsenal contract will be a big reason why we would be reluctant. Very relevant.

As for people upset about the stat I posted, there’s a couple ways you could look at it. One could be, how ineffective modern Özil is.

Another way could be using your mind and recalling how many managers/interim managers have come and gone since Auba joined and why he’s played virtually every league match and why Özil is always phased out under anyone bar Wenger. Lack of appearances alongside Auba is not a good defence.

I am just a messenger guys no need to be mad at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom