<

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

1. Simple. Isn’t played for tactical reasons.

8.5%
  2. Simple. Isn’t played because he isn’t good enough

27.9%
  3. Falling out with Arteta for some reason

12.4%
  4. Being frozen out in an effort to get him to leave. Arteta’s hands are tied

31.8%
  5. Because he didn't take a pay-cut

16.3%
  6. Personal reasons

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

If we do manage to get him off, it would be with a loan where we still pay a part of his wages. But most of his agent's statements say that he would stay here and see out his contract.

Oxeki likes this.
  2. FluffyDoozi

FluffyDoozi Well-Known Member

Don't particularly care for Özil but thought it was a tad unfair that Matt Smith got that medal and not Özil or Guendouzi. Regardless of what happened behind the scenes, they both did contribute along the way.

Shame how his time here has come to an end. Interested to see if he still has any pride left or he'll just stay and sit out the rest of next season and earn his 350k.

3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

He’s not going to leave on a massive wage loss though. You’re talking a difference of millions, not a single person on this planet will be willing to take such a loss.

4. GDeep™

We’re not playing him to get his wages off the books, I don’t think loaning him out still paying him millions is what we’re trying to do here.

5. GDeep™

Sad really, but it looks like a real battle between him and the club.

6. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Could have had 4 FA cups, but he’s shagging some 10/10 and a multi millionaire so I doubt he gives a ****.

7. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Yes. But if he does stay and we do not play him in a single match next season, he won't have a club to give him a contract after that. His career is essentially finished. That will also be a massive loss for him.

8. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

How much was he standing to lose in that wage cut deal? Horrendous decision to make. All this hassle for a bit of exchange money for him.

Terrible stuff to miss out on a day like this. Will regret it I think.

9. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

His pr team made sure this thread will continue to have Raul vs Özil conspiracy going on

Oxeki and Red London like this.
  10. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Wage theft outweighs whatever "contributions" they made. In fact, their exclusion seems to have been a net positive for spirt and performance so I'm happy for the tea lady to get a medal before them.

Oxeki and CaseUteinberger like this.
  11. Jimmy282304

Jimmy282304 Member

Why do people hate him so much? I haven't read anything bad that Özil has said about the club but the fanbase just seems to despise him and it just seems to be because he makes money, even though he's probably the most recognizable player internationally.

Elwood and krackpot like this.
  12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Because he’s leeching off the club. Gone missing ever since he’a signed his big contract. We could have 2 great midfielders in place of his wages.

Oxeki, CaseUteinberger and LGooner98 like this.
  13. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Couldn't stay another day in London to support the lads? Or was it because of Eid?

14. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

I think you may be grossly underestimating the devotion of his fanbase there mate!

Oxeki and RacingPhoton like this.
  15. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

What they won't tell you is he's in Turkey right now (Arsenal allowed him to go)

I doubt he even watched the game.

16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

You think the players who didn’t take a wage cut are being frozen out? Seems petty.

17. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

It is quite fun to be able to say that Matt Smith has got more medals than Sp**s in a decade or the likes of Kane, Alli etc in their careers without playing a minute of professional football

18. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ummm....Arteta hasn't said anything negative about Özil though. No matter how many times the media tries to spin it. You are assuming he was told he wont feature because of instructions from upstairs. Are you at the training sessions? What if his attitude is poor and he's not doing what is asked of him. He's training but is he training up to the manager's standards?

Moleque likes this.
  19. Jimmy282304

Jimmy282304 Member

He's not leaching, he has a contract and it's getting paid what was agreed. If he's available to play and they blocking him then that's on the club. My job told me to take paid time off, I'm not goin to argue

Elwood and vantoure like this.
  20. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He performed for a contract and stopped performing after getting it. A contract demands something in return. Özil hasn’t provided that. He’s not worked for the badge and shows little effort. Any sane Arsenal fan can see that.

What I don’t get is why so many defend him. Are you a fan of Özil and not of Arsenal? Do players have such devoted fans that they follow them wherever they go?

Moleque, musoke, Oxeki and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.