<

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

1. Simple. Isn’t played for tactical reasons.

8.5%
  2. Simple. Isn’t played because he isn’t good enough

27.9%
  3. Falling out with Arteta for some reason

12.4%
  4. Being frozen out in an effort to get him to leave. Arteta’s hands are tied

31.8%
  5. Because he didn't take a pay-cut

16.3%
  6. Personal reasons

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

One of the happiest day of my life as an arsenal fan

2. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

There's been maybe two pertinent critiques of the guy posted here in the past three months, but I couldn't tell you what they were because they are completely subsumed beneath continual tsunamis of delusion, revision and bullshit that I definitely did not bother to even consider reading. Can tell they are nonsense because nothing of any value about this sport takes that long to say.

Some people in here are posting to themselves like they are in the DMs of some chick who doesn't even remember meeting them.

krengon, Elwood, Top Gun and 5 others like this.
  3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I couldn't believe he'd even look at us. Almost felt embarrassed he was joining us.

Oxeki likes this.
  4. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

:lol: :lol::lol::lol: Those well 'grilled' sides were far too hot for Wenger. 'Go out lads and just do what you want, we're obviously going to get a roasting, so there's no point in any tactics'.

krengon, Elwood, krackpot and 4 others like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Yeah man. What a mess of a thread.

These guys making up stuff as they go, I mean Özil not participating in the build up might be the dumbest sh!t I ever have read on here.

Even if it wasn't the case, the guy was averaging up to 65 passes per game during some of his seasons here; were all those passes in the final 3rd(the most difficult section of the field to operate in) or what? :lol: If so, how is that a problem; that is absolutely phenomenal numbers by any standards of the game.

Jeez.

NieThePiet, krengon, Elwood and 6 others like this.
  6. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Yeah I saw that too, mindboggling stuff. Like an alternate reality.

krengon, Elwood, kraphtous and 4 others like this.
  7. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Best thread on the forum by a mile. :lol:

Elwood, krackpot and celestis like this.
  8. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

Erm, this thread is also full of people speculating for any reason they can cling on to to figure out why he’s not playing/had a massive decline, rather than just facing the most obvious reason.

Two sides to every coin.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  9. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

No teams will ever play like this again in modern football (To give freedom to players, to execute the general tactical philosophy).
    Because today’s football is now extremely detailed oriented.

Now, the general tactical philosophy is nothing new, all are from previous eras. But they start to make things a lot smaller. Making a general philosophy into 100 different objectives and instruct them to players. Dividing a 90 minutes game into different phases of mini-games. Dividing the spaces on the pitch into smaller grids. To tell players to position and move to which grid in certain situations/phases of the game.

How we press, how our opponent get out from our press. How we create overload in the build up phase, how our opponent prevents being overload in transition. These are all pre-planned step by step player instructions on positioning and movement.

Of course now there are still freedom for players, but it's conditional freedom instructed in detail to the player. For example, If you arrived to the final third you have the license to roam around/drift inside.

Exactly.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  10. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

If you see rosicky/Cazorla/Nasri at 10, our team worked so much better, and we regain full control in midfield.

Özil never helped our team to dominate possession/midfield play.

11. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I think it was Fabregas saying in an interview that he was gobsmacked when he arrived at Barca and saw how specific the training sessions were compared to what he was used to at Arsenal.

Godwin1, Camron, Dj_sds - and 2 others like this.
  12. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Obviously.

"The training is so good in Barca"
    "But Cesc, you refused to train at Arsenal"
    "Shush!!!"
    "The training is so good in Barca"

GeorgiaGunner and kash2 like this.
  13. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Barca can **** off. Hope they go bankrupt.

Makingtrax and krackpot like this.
  14. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Amen

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. Makingtrax

Can you provide a link to that?

Fabregas:
    Arsenal 3.2 shots per game, Barcelona 1.6
    Arsenal 1.9 dribbles per game, Barcelona 1.6
    Arsenal 2.3 tackles per game, Barcelona 1.4

He gave the best account of himself at Arsenal and in some respects, failed to reproduce that level of consistency at Barcelona where he found himself less in demand, less in control, less in the spotlight and, in the end, less required. But yeah, Arsène just told him to go out and do what he wanted.

krackpot likes this.
  16. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

He had a free role at arsenal. Never would have gotten that at Barca with Messi being there. It's the main reason his stats dipped, he had to play with more discipline.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spa...-been-difficult-to-adapt-to-life-at-barcelona

17. Makingtrax

Özil's stats dropped significantly after Wenger left. Ramsey's stats at Juventus are not good either compared to his Arsenal days. Suddenly having to cope with actual tactics must be a real struggle when you've been allowed to run aimlessly around the pitch.

kash2 and krackpot like this.
  18. Elwood

Elwood Active Member

Sure, but it was worth it trying to build around him.

19. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

For me for pure of the blue, visceral shock value. Big Sol was the best signing.

Sp*rs fans didn’t come into my office the next day. Never seen anything like when that moment was announced. It was like a mini 9/11 The screaming. The shouting. The hysteria. Everyone on their phones. People were having palpitations. BigWengz smug face in the middle of it all looking like the cat that had snagged the biggest pallet of cream in the world.

Camron likes this.
  20. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Does Nasri even have >5 apps at as no. 10 for us? He was so much better there than Özil, he played 99% of his games for us on wings.... :lol:

Cazorla was shifted wide after half a season, and basically never played at 10 after.

Don't make me laugh with Rosicky.

As for your last sentence; utter bollocks, regularly in the top charts in the league for final 3rd passes, if that isn't helping dominate possession then I don't know what is.

There's plenty you could criticize Özil for, the least you and your gang of cronies could do is not make sh!t up in your rambling nonsense.

Elwood, kash2, Gooner416 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.