• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
[Alan] Smith told Sky Sports: “As for Mesut Özil, the tiresome saga rolls on. In an interview this week, the German insisted he is staying at Arsenal, even though he obviously does not feature in [Mikel] Arteta’s plans.

“This is a funny one. Özil is well within his rights to see out a four-year contract the club were happy enough to give, but from a purely football aspect, why would you do that if you are not going to play?

“’This is my profession’, he says. ‘It’s what I love doing: being on the pitch, playing matches, showing the people, helping the club and my team’.” Ok, so if you love playing so much, why not go somewhere you’re actually wanted?

“There’s an old saying in football – you are a long time retired. Come the end of his career, he might live to regret these wasted years.”

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
ÖDL growing stronger by the day. You love to see it
We don’t die, we multiply. Welcome to the world Mara Özil Robinson
4a2a83c984623e1fd6913958cb5900f2.gif

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't know why some people are acting like he isn't a decent player, I think a truce needs to be called.

Most including me thought Xhaka was completely done with us and even he's transformed. If that can happen i'm sure Özil can come back, it's a long season too with EL.

For what we are paying him it's not enough for him to be merely "decent"...... we already have plenty of decent players in our squad, we need players far above that level to rise above midtable level.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Pretty nutty, but thankfully she has a normal first name that she'll go by.

Plus, if the last 3 years have been any indication, the name "Özil" will play well when she's negotiating her salary upon entering the workforce.
A guy I knew who was a big Redskins fan decided in the 80s to name his son after Dexter Manley, their pro bowl DE. Not sure he didn’t end up regretting that decision.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gave the green light for his PR team to catfish some poor bloke into naming his newborn after him... Has to be a new low?

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Ah man. I mean I love Arsenal but imagine naming your kid based off his PR team sending you a message on Twitter.

Toe curling. Poor kid.
It also guarantees everyone who hears her middle name will either assume i) "oh, she must have Turkish heritage" or [more likely] ii) "oh, her dad must be a football fan and a bit of an idiot." He's kind of zinged himself in that regard.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Let's look at the facts:
1. Arsenal are the only team in the league to implement a pay reduction for players
2. The players association advised that players not agree to pay cuts, and recommended deferrals instead
3. Özil was fine with a deferral, even at a higher proportion than other players
4. Özil was open to a pay cut if the club could provide clarity on how the money would be used
5. Other players also were also reluctant to agree to a pay cutd ue to the lack of clarity, but most eventually agreed after Arteta urged them to do so
6. Somebody at the club leaked that Özil did not accept the pay cut
7. Özil was not the only player to refuse the pay cut, but his name was the only name leaked

8. Once the club cut 55 staff members, other plays became upset because they had understood that their pay reduction would go towards saving jobs, and feel that they were misled by the club
9. Not a single source, named or otherwise, has denied anything Özil has said. Say what you will about Özil, but he has never struck me as a liar.

Unless you believe Özil is straight up lying (not a single source, named or unnamed, has denied any of what he said), it's clear that the club were in the wrong here, first by pushing the players to accept the pay cut without providing an adequate level of transparency, and 2nd by leaking Özil's name, thereby justifying Özil's assertion that people are out to get him.
Great post. Point #1 is a tough one though as we're the only club to make it public, who knows what has happened closed doors. Clubs don't have to disclose this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom