• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hahaha all the Özil lovers look for any excuse to ****. How many times has Özil been invisible in games like this? What you think he's magically going to create in this match?

He'd be marked out the game, he'd have his back to goal all the time, he'd have to drop all the way into our half for possession. Seriously learn football ffs and stop being biased.

Our issues aren't because Özil isnt playing you silly fanboys, its because of the poor tactics of the manager. He's playing a 4231 instead of a 433 and playing 3 CM's.... change to a 433 and stop putting square pegs in round holes.

I agree Özil should be in the squad but pretending him not starting is the issue is pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

elemoo

Hahaha all the Özil lovers look for any excuse to *****. How many times has Özil been invisible in games like this? What you think he's magically going to create in this match?

He'd be marked out the game, he'd have his back to goal all the time, he'd have to drop all the way into our half for possession. Seriously learn football ffs and stop being biased.

Our issues aren't because Özil isnt playing you silly fanboys, its because of the poor tactics of the manager. He's playing a 4231 instead of a 433 and playing 3 CM's.... change to a 433 and stop putting square pegs in round holes.

I agree Özil should be in the squad but pretending him not starting is the issue is pathetic.

the question is when was the last time Özil played worse than our current options being used? And you’d have to admit that it isn’t this season at all.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
the question is when was the last time Özil played worse than our current options being used? And you’d have to admit that it isn’t this season at all.
You & I can see that but the clueless manager won’t

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Özil has been here a long time we all know his strengths and weaknesses man, we have seen this story countless times both with Özil and without.

We are terrible in scrappy ****ty games like this, we lose all the 50-50 duels and we don't have a plan B. We also dont have the mentality and steel to get through the game. It has nothing to do with Mesut Özil not starting the game.

The only guys with a postive mentality today were actually Pepe and Guendouzi imo

Deki

Hahaha all the Özil lovers look for any excuse to *****. How many times has Özil been invisible in games like this? What you think he's magically going to create in this match?

There are quite a few issues. Playing players levels below Özil like Willock, Ceballos, Saka, Xhaka is one of the problems.

Aubameyang and Lacazzette wont know where their next chance is coming from. If they want to score, they need to do it themselves.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I mean we should have at least having him on bench and bring him later when chase game like today. I just don't understand is there maybe clause on his contract about appearance like if he played 20 games season we'll have to pay him appearance clause.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This I agree with, he should defo be on the bench, something dodgy is going on behind the scenes.
The club seem just want to get rid they clearly looking for future if club want Özil to play there no way willock saka start ahead of him

GoonerJay24

Hahaha all the Özil lovers look for any excuse to ******. How many times has Özil been invisible in games like this? What you think he's magically going to create in this match?

Guess a solution is playing Willock or Ceballos deeper, midfielders who can make play, with Özil in a 10.

Risky defensively but given how our collective defending is, attacking teams with our best creative players is probably the way to go currently.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Thats not actually answering his question though but you know what, its ok if you can't.
Its a dumb question, lemme just pull up the calendar and find out for you the last time Özil started and was invisible..

He's a home game player these days. He can not hack the intensity of the Premier League especially in rough and tumble games like this.

You insisting on me answering the question somebody else asked shows you have nothing of note to say anyway

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Guess a solution is playing Willock or Ceballos deeper, midfielders who can make play, with Özil in a 10.

Risky defensively but given how our collective defending is, attacking teams with our best creative players is probably the way to go currently.
As in I think Özil would be fine starting at home. In away games we should be playing a 433, something more solid so that our midfielders can cover eachother and get onto those loose balls and 50-50 duels.

The number 10 is left isolated because we dont have enough bodies in the midfield to build the ball up to them consistently.

Also, if Emery insists on playing through his fullbacks, what is the point in a number 10?? Just pack out the midfield to facilitate wide play like Liverpool do.

Kav

Established Member
ok but did any of the players who played today do what you just described? No.

Secondly, no one can say Özil is not doing enough which is the criticism that is levied against him or that he is to blame for any of our results this season, he had 1 game all season.

I'm no Özil fan. I just believe that we should always have our best players available and if they are fit and contributing find a way to have them in the team. Emery is making a point out of Özil. The problem for him is the results aren't going his way and he will be out of a job soon. Özil isn't leaving either.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Pls stop bumping this thread, its over untill Emery leaves. You can say what you want about Mesut. However if you dump him out of your squad you need to defend a lot better than we are doing and most importantly win. We’re not doing that so Emery is wrong.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Secondly, no one can say Özil is not doing enough which is the criticism that is levied against him or that he is to blame for any of our results this season, he had 1 game all season.
Özil has been poor since he signed that 350k a week contract. On the tail end of Wenger's last season, as well as under Emery. The man walked off when we were losing a European final, hes a disgrace and he doesnt care about winning at this club.

Kav

Established Member
Özil has been poor since he signed that 350k a week contract. On the tail end of Wenger's last season, as well as under Emery. The man walked off when we were losing a European final, hes a disgrace and he doesnt care about winning at this club.
talking about this season pal. Lastly that 4-1 loss was all on emery not Özil. we were tactically deficient in that second half

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Pls stop bumping this thread, its over untill Emery leaves. You can say what you want about Mesut. However if you dump him out of your squad you need to defend a lot better than we are doing and most importantly win. We’re not doing that so Emery is wrong.
You know it's possible for Emery to be poor and Özil to not be good enough to start tough games. Just saying, I feel like people forget that. I'm not taking any sides here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom