• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You have to feel sorry for Özil, I'm sure there was a section of the Turkish diaspora who considered him a traitor for representing Germany and now the other side seems to have turned on him. Disgusting how the DFB have handled this as well.

scytheavatar

Established Member
You have to feel sorry for Özil, I'm sure there was a section of the Turkish diaspora who considered him a traitor for representing Germany and now the other side seems to have turned on him. Disgusting how the DFB have handled this as well.

He has made his bed, and now needs to lie on it. Dual citizenship has always been a myth, it's not possible for someone to show loyalty to both Germany and Turkey. The DFB should have told him to cut out on his constant gushing for Turkey nationalism a long time ago.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He has made his bed, and now needs to lie on it. Dual citizenship has always been a myth, it's not possible for someone to show loyalty to both Germany and Turkey. The DFB should have told him to cut out on his constant gushing for Turkey nationalism a long time ago.
Dual citizenship is a problem because of people like you. It's not our fault that you cannot understand how it feels to be connected to two countries. My parents are from Morocco, most of my family still lives there, I visit twice a year. I was born in the Netherlands, have lived there my whole life. I speak both languages fluently, got my degree in Holland, work in Holland, live in Holland. I love Holland and I love Morocco, and I am proud of having both nationalities equally. Its enough for both Morocco and Holland to give me citizenship so what gives you the right to judge the identity of others?

Oh_Snap

Mesut has only a german passport though (same goes for Gundogan).
Meetings with Erdogan go back to his Madrid times, it's like he makes a photo with him every year. 2011 it was ok since Erdogan was pro western. Now the times and the country have changed. it's always difficult for people like Mesut, not a german in germany and not a turk in turkey (got booed by turkish fans when germany played against turkey). Now the germans boo too...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

I don't want to indulge too much in to a political debate regarding Özil's situation but I have to point out how this is just another example of inherent fascism hidden under the layers of post WW2 liberal multiculturalism of German society.

Disgusting how DFB handled this indeed. You can bet Bastian Schweinsteiger, a Bavarian hero, wouldn't be treated like that if he took a picture with someone like Lutz Bachmann, founder of the PEGIDA movement.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He has made his bed, and now needs to lie on it. Dual citizenship has always been a myth.
All I read here was "I am an a$$hole"

I don't want to indulge too much in to a political debate regarding Özil's situation but I have to point out how this is just another example of inherent fascism hidden under the layers of post WW2 liberal multiculturalism of German society.

Disgusting how DFB handled this indeed. You can bet Bastian Schweinsteiger, a Bavarian hero, wouldn't be treated like that if he took a picture with someone like Lutz Bachmann, founder of the PEGIDA movement.
Posts like this make me really like you:lol:.

As someone with a very mixed heritage (I'm what we call here a pavement special; Afrikaans (Dutch) heritage, Irish Catholic, Lithuanian Jew & some English) I'd like to weigh in here. What close-minded pigheadedness to view dual citizenship as a myth/traitorship. We are all human beings on earth. These invisible boundaries you fools are so obsessed with mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
There are times to be proud of heritage and have great competitions even but to me Özil is a symbol of hope for humanity, of a dream for peace, of acceptance by others and of maturity in creed.
I understand there are vast differences and hugely touchy subjects within this notion but I don't see how any of those are relevant to a sports figure, who is at the end of the day a person entitled to his own opinion and beliefs.

Part of me even thinks this is just an excuse for non-islamic people to bash Özil without actually stating it is about religion.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
All I read here was "I am an a$$hole"

Posts like this make me really like you:lol:.

As someone with a very mixed heritage (I'm what we call here a pavement special; Afrikaans (Dutch) heritage, Irish Catholic, Lithuanian Jew & some English) I'd like to weigh in here. What close-minded pigheadedness to view dual citizenship as a myth/traitorship. We are all human beings on earth. These invisible boundaries you fools are so obsessed with mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
There are times to be proud of heritage and have great competitions even but to me Özil is a symbol of hope for humanity, of a dream for peace, of acceptance by others and of maturity in creed.
I understand there are vast differences and hugely touchy subjects within this notion but I don't see how any of those are relevant to a sports figure, who is at the end of the day a person entitled to his own opinion and beliefs.

Part of me even thinks this is just an excuse for non-islamic people to bash Özil without actually stating it is about religion.

You hit the nail on the head.

Germany never really resolved structural issues within their society that lead to the rise of Nacism. What they did was they embraced an ideology diametrically opposite to what Hitler was representing, they just rembranded themselves. Bigotry, homophobia, intolerance to different Others is just as prevalent as it was 80 years ago. It is masked under the terms like political incorrectness, social inequality, second-class cizitenship etc.

Last edited:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Best thing for him is to retire from international football. The political climate is like a powder barrel atm in Europe and football can't escape that by the looks of it.

It would be best for everyone involved. He is a WC winner already, has nothing to prove.

Stannis

Honestly thought Germany was better than this. It is/was the nicest country I have been too

Sort of scary to be honest. You expect fan and far right anger but the officials should be better

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
How did you get that?:lol:
Sorry, I mis-worded that. I don't mean Wenger really is having a go but the wording in the article I read makes it look like he is rubbing salt in the wound. Obviously Wenger supports Mesut and I am sure he knows that. But the journalists are truly having a field day with this.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Sorry, I mis-worded that. I don't mean Wenger really is having a go but the wording in the article I read makes it look like he is rubbing salt in the wound. Obviously Wenger supports Mesut and I am sure he knows that. But the journalists are truly having a field day with this.
But Arsène driving the stake deeper? Some wording. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom