• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Good.

He needs a proper preseason. No excuses...needs to know his place is not secure even though he is the highest paid player at the club.
I honestly want Özil to deserve his place in the lineup so we can stop carrying him. If he can become an important figure offensively again, we can ignore his lack of work ethic defensively.

We all only really started noticing his defensive awareness when he struggled getting involved in the game offensively (by those few months before signing that nice contract).

blaze_of_glory

Godwin1

Very well-known
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...fair-the-stats-on-his-arsenal-role-and-record

I accept that you noted for the last months of the last season but these lies originate from before then.
Most sites have him running an average of 10 km every game. How is that lazy?
Lack of work ethic defensively. Think he means he's disregarding that area of his game not that he isn't running around a lot. Not that I regard that area of his game as particularity important.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He has made his bed, and now needs to lie on it. Dual citizenship has always been a myth, it's not possible for someone to show loyalty to both Germany and Turkey. The DFB should have told him to cut out on his constant gushing for Turkey nationalism a long time ago.

This must be the stupidest post I have ever read on here, and that's saying something believe you me.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If Emery won't find an efficient way of utilizing this luxury player, I hope he's sold next summer.
Wenger always tried to make him fit in the team with various degrees of success and it remains to be seen how much he'll be willing to work in a high press game.

Can't have anymore of those fits where he gets frustrated that he lost the ball and raises his hands in protest instead of going after the player.
He had a couple of months where he worked hard without the ball at the beginning of the year, but that soon disappeared once he got his new contract and went back to his old antics.

TheArsenalis

If Emery won't find an efficient way of utilizing this luxury player, I hope he's sold next summer.
Wenger always tried to make him fit in the team with various degrees of success and it remains to be seen how much he'll be willing to work in a high press game.

Can't have anymore of those fits where he gets frustrated that he lost the ball and raises his hands in protest instead of going after the player.
He had a couple of months where he worked hard without the ball at the beginning of the year, but that soon disappeared once he got his new contract and went back to his old antics.
When it becomes the norm everyone will do it. If its not culture then it wont happen.

Divided_Pie

Yeah, remember when Alexis would press really hard and then get frustrated when nobody else was pressing and the other team could easily pass around him and get in to their build-up?

Özil runs plenty, there's no debating that. I think pretty much everyone would agree that him using his energy by moving in to space, making runs, dropping deep to pick up the ball, dribbling in to the final 3rd, etc. are a better use of his energy than sprinting back to press when nobody else is pressing in concert with him. I would also prefer that he not put himself in harms way needlessly (Wilshere) just so the fans think he's putting the effort in.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He has made his bed, and now needs to lie on it. Dual citizenship has always been a myth, it's not possible for someone to show loyalty to both Germany and Turkey. The DFB should have told him to cut out on his constant gushing for Turkey nationalism a long time ago.
Your genetic roots are ingrained bro.

My father was English, but my mother was Welsh. I still can’t pass a field of sheep without slyly glancing at the talent.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...fair-the-stats-on-his-arsenal-role-and-record

I accept that you noted for the last months of the last season but these lies originate from before then.
Most sites have him running an average of 10 km every game. How is that lazy?
Maybe running into empty space instead of pressing is what I should have wrote.

He also can not dribble much anymore...especially against any sort of pressure. I wish he could dribble like Modric or Carzola. It is frustrating how many moves that he is responsible when they break down.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yeah, remember when Alexis would press really hard and then get frustrated when nobody else was pressing and the other team could easily pass around him and get in to their build-up?

Özil runs plenty, there's no debating that. I think pretty much everyone would agree that him using his energy by moving in to space, making runs, dropping deep to pick up the ball, dribbling in to the final 3rd, etc. are a better use of his energy than sprinting back to press when nobody else is pressing in concert with him. I would also prefer that he not put himself in harms way needlessly (Wilshere) just so the fans think he's putting the effort in.
Pressing is a team-effort, who should press instead of him? If everyone doesnt press then they can just pass it around since several player will always be free. Not putting him in harms way needlessly, Isn't this definition of a luxary player? This basically means that he should not try and win a ball if another player is going for it. Which usually always chickens out of.

Not for you, but i hate when people say he's running alot, dont you watch the games? I mean at all? You think he actually contributes to pressing? There no pressure at all when he presses, cause he's got no effing interest in getting the ball or go for the challenge, if the players he presses doesn't pass it still looks like he wouldnt try and take it.

Your genetic roots are ingrained bro.

My father was English, but my mother was Welsh. I still can’t pass a field of sheep without slyly glancing at the talent.
Ok I was going to wait till the first day of the season to come out of my 4 year hibernation but this post pulled me in. You sir, deserve to win the golden codpiece this year!

As for Mesut - if I was on the coaching staff I'd just have a quiet word with him to sympathise with his situation in Germany and basically tell him a) you still have this club and its supporters behind you and b) prove the haters wrong by having the season of your life this year.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With Emery's tactics, obviously based on only the Boreham Wood match thus far, I think Özil could have a big season for us.

According to Wenger and others, Özil had a back injury most of the season, so hopefully that issue gets sorted this summer and he can come back at full capacity this season.

Also, Emery's tactics had us playing a variation of a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2, and in the first half I think Smith Rowe probably occupied Özil's position.

Against Boreham Wood, Smith Rowe and Nelson were allowed to play centrally and also move out to the wing. Smith Rowe and PEA created plenty of overloads on the left, and this would be great for Özil.

It looks like we played with 2 AMs that had a lot of freedom, and that could be really good for Özil, Mkhi, Ramsey, etc. If you allow Özil the freedom to find space and create overloads then he will be very dangerous.

I expect Emery to employ more tactical flexibility based on our opposition and our players, and this will allow us to rotate players in a way that Wenger never could.

I wouldn't be surprised if Özil and many other players had big seasons for us this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom