• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
? Just your standard copy paste haters post or something? He was bad but it was not because of a lack of effort.. his head dropped? What?

Sorry I think you misunderstood me as I meant head dropped figuratively as with Özil once the frustration sets in with him, you know the game is a write off. We've seen this movie in pretty much every big team we play, but today he was very very off even with the simple stuff.

I know he's your boy, but I don't see how you can come on here and defend him today.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Sorry I think you misunderstood me as I meant head dropped figuratively as with Özil once the frustration sets in with him, you know the game is a write off. We've seen this movie in pretty much every big team we play, but today he was very very off even with the simple stuff.

I know he's your boy, don't see how you can come on here and defend him today.
I don’t, he was bad, but not for the reasons you say.

Raicore

Glad no more Wenger around to tolerate the nonsense..he needs some tough love like how Mourningho managed him at Madrid..just hope Emery is not afraid to bench the big named underperforming players this season.

Aevi

Hale End FC
His passing was uncharacteristically atrocious, we lost out on some strong goalscoring opportunities because he couldn't pick out his man. He whiffed a shot as well. I'm left rather optimistic though because these poor technical performances don't happen that often with him, so if he keeps putting in the effort he'll be fine.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Needs to play in his best position to find his rhythm in the final third and not be wasted on a wing where he has to run up and down to defend.

You either play Ramsey on the wing or you don’t play him at all. There’s no point in wasting one of the best #10s around on a wing just to accommodate a terrible technically inept, glory hunting player like Ramsey who could care less about the teams performance. Selll him while we have the chance.

We’ve already wasted 4 years of Mesut on Giroud, Welbeck and Sanogo. Stop wasting him any further and especially now that we have two competent strikers ahead of him and Guendouzi/Torreira who can finally do the work santi used to years ago.

Reactions: Jae

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Not a good game from him, but he wasn't the worst by far. Xhaka and Miki were atrocious for instance.

The problem I see with him is that he needs to play centrally but Emery wants someone in there who presses their CB's when our striker presses their left or rightback. He's not that guy I'm afraid.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Was that the first competitive game with Aubameyang, Lacazette & Özil on the same pitch?

It was kind of sweet how none of them knew the runs, spaces taken up of the other. Sure it will click within a few games.

I would like to see that trio with a three man midfield behind.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Was that the first competitive game with Aubameyang, Lacazette & Özil on the same pitch?

It was kind of sweet how none of them knew the runs, spaces taken up of the other. Sure it will click within a few games.

I would like to see that trio with a three man midfield behind.
The onus is on Özil though. He has to chanel his inner Bergkamp and find those runs. They have five days to practice so hope they all improve.

Our whole attack was failing time after time to connect simplest passes or create single attacks. Those few times we managed it we had some beautiful attacks. We need to start doing that constantly during the game. We can't just do it once or twice. We are Arsenal, one of best attacking team in Europe.

Our attackers at time where disgrace. No chemistry, no grit or intelligence. Weird runs and bad passes.

Expecting all of our attackers to improve in next game!

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I don’t, he was bad, but not for the reasons you say.

You sure you watched the game today? Criticisms I leveled against him today: (A)Head dropped and lack of effort when things weren't going for him, (B) poor first touch and many misplaced passes.

A) Whose play was braver in trying to make things happen and who wasn't effected by their mistakes? The 19 y/o playing in his first PL game after coming from League 2 in France or the 350k p/w paid face of the the club in his 5th season in England? Again we've seen this with Özil time and time again pretty much in every big game we have that when you need someone to drag you through he isn't the guy and I honestly don't believe we'll get anywhere with our star player having this mentality/limitation and it's ****ing frustrating.

B) A-Mers love stats to circle jerk over in this thread but for some reason the 19 give aways isn't getting much traction...

Again this man is the face of the club, the second highest paid player in the ****ing league, but it seems most are numb to this level performance/influence vs a top team and it's sad and IMO it just isn't acceptable. Sorry but you can't have it both ways as if you're paid/paraded around like you're the main man there is extra pressure to perform and when you don't you have to accept the heat.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this/Özil though, I want more out of him and hold him to a standard of performance his wages/reputation/ability represents, but some are fine with whatever he serves up. Don't worry though, he'll turn up vs West Ham or some ****, all will be good again, and people can blow smoke up his ass again in peace.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You sure you watched the game today? Criticisms I leveled against him today: (A)Head dropped and lack of effort when things weren't going for him, (B) poor first touch and many misplaced passes.

A) Whose play was braver in trying to make things happen and who wasn't effected by their mistakes? The 19 y/o playing in his first PL game after coming from League 2 in France or the 350k p/w paid face of the the club in his 5th season in England? Again we've seen this with Özil time and time again pretty much in every big game we have that when you need someone to drag you through he isn't the guy and I honestly don't believe we'll get anywhere with our star player having this mentality/limitation and it's ****ing frustrating.

B) A-Mers love stats to circle jerk over in this thread but for some reason the 19 give aways isn't getting much traction...

Again this man is the face of the club, the second highest paid player in the ****ing league, but it seems most are numb to this level performance/influence vs a top team and it's sad and IMO it just isn't acceptable. Sorry but you can't have it both ways as if you're paid/paraded around like you're the main man there is extra pressure to perform and when you don't you have to accept the heat.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this/Özil though, I want more out of him and hold him to a standard of performance his wages/reputation/ability represents, but some are fine with whatever he serves up. Don't worry though, he'll turn up vs West Ham or some ****, all will be good again, and people can blow smoke up his ass again in peace.
I sense a lot of frustration/discontent from you. Maybe that's why you can't see him clearly anymore. I never said he was not bad against City, in fact I said so myself. The 19 giveaways were the problem, not a lack of effort, else he could have gone in hiding like Mkhi but he didn't. Hate all you want, Mesut needs passing options and space to exploit, there just wasn't any to be found. I think he has improved a lot when it comes to winning the ball, protecting it, but he will suddenly change in some powerfull enforcer. Its way too much to react like this after a game against the Champions, too bad you can't see it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

He’s being played out of position, it’s as simple as that. He’s not a winger and he’ll never be one. It only works when the team has a lot of possession against smaller teams and he can come from the wing and go in centrally to build up attacks when the opposition are already sitting deep. He gets nullified too easily against bigger teams where we don’t see as much of the ball and he’s forced to run up and down the flank to support the FB so he’s out of position most of the time. A creator like Özil should be positioned where he can get ahold of the ball as much as possible and do the most damage.

Özil should be the intermediary between midfield and attack/wings. He shouldn’t play in attack/out wide at all and especially not against big teams. The man just needs supply from midfield (Torreira/Guendouzi are excellent at line breaking passes so he should excel with them in the team), movement up front and someone who he can do combinations with like mikhi/Laca/iwobi. That’s the way to get the best out of him with this squad imo.

Will we become a worse team at pressing? Yes, but we might as well play Mo Farah in Ramsey’s position if all we’re thinking of is pressing. I bet he could press the sh*t out of any team for 90 min straight but we’re playing football not pressball right?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Some of his best big games have come from him playing in AM and not on the wing. Chelsea 3-1, Liverpool 4-1, United 3-0 and last season against Liverpool 3-3 and United where we were very unlucky are some matches that come to mind.

Giroud12

So fvcking poor yet again. This is the WC winner, this is the experienced veteran that should be leading the team, this is the guy on 300K a week. Yet debutants Lichsteiner and Guendouzi look much more like leaders on the field.

Should have had at least one goal and one assist for Laca.

Its a disgrace really and he should be nowhere near the team if he can't even be arsed in the opening game vs. the champions. Rather have Iwobi or even ESM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom