• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Face of the club, 2nd highest player in the league, but you're over here acting like he's a some backup youngster. The wages come with extra responsibility.
This seems to be forgotten by many. He is in silly wages but still expects to be treated with kid gloves or worse to be beyond reproach.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What the **** are you talking about? Who said anything about "talking to the press"? Furthermore nobody said anything about Per's bounce back talk and compared it to Özil doing his responding to criticism on social media rather than doing his "talking" on the pitch. There you go again making **** up to defend your boy.

Pundits and supports were rightfully raving about his performances when they warranted it early last season. People don't pile it on to pile it on for nothing they just feel he can give more. With the way you defend/make up points to defend you seem happy deep down with whatever he serves up.

Honest question: Were you surprised by his performance vs City and Chelsea? Was it uncharacteristic for him to have that level of influence in a big game for Arsenal? Again be honest with yourself and I'd wager you, and many other supporters werent surprised he was pretty much useless in a big game for AFC. Face of the club, 2nd highest player in the league, but you're over here acting like he's a some backup youngster. The wages come with extra responsibility.

Again the buck has dropped. Wenger was forced out, so no more Arséne to fall on the sword for everyone despite them continually letting him down. The top teams are drifting out of sight, so anyone who calls themselves an Arsenal FC supporter needs to hold everyone to a higher standard as we would need to overachieve to get Top 4 let alone challenge for the title.

Btw I called him out for doing his talking on social media vs doing his talking on the pitch when things were going sour last season, stop blaming everyone else for his shortcomings and bringing up ****ing Germany NT's drama for why people are sick of his underperformance for Arsenal these days.
Please explain what you meant by WC at talking after the match like Theo? Because I really don’t know, no need to curse at me. I just don’t see the parallel with Theo, that’s where you all started this.

I’m not happy with what he served up yesterday. I was happy he was subbed because he wasn’t doing anything. Ramsey wasn’t the right sub but that’s an entirely different discussion. I said it during the game, and after the game. But that doesn’t register with you. What I see different is the generalization that it always is like yesterday with Mesut, which it isn’t.

I was not entirely surprised with his performance against City, I knew we as a team wouldn’t be able to do much. I was surprised with his ability on the ball in that game. His work-rate was good, but his ability was not. Against Chelsea I was surprised he played so bad. He had players that could get the ball to him, he had passing options on the wings, but he really played disconnected of everyone else, like he followed a different game plan. And when we aren’t in possession of the ball he was always standing still instead of moving around, always one step behind everyone else.

Its too early for me to draw conclusions. Everyone deserves the time to work with Emery, there is no need to pile up years of old opinions onto two games. Its a new beginning for all of us, let’s see how it goes during the season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I foresee him going to China or the Middle East once he realises an opportunity to expand his M10 brand.
That is probably the plan over the next couple of years. His sponsor endorsements in Germany will/are drying up. Time for new markets while he still has a name.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Jheez, this thread almost made me question if I’m as delusional as the Xhaka fanboys . Maybe I am lol :lol:

I honestly don’t think he was as bad as people in here make him out to be. The whole team was pretty bad apart from about 15 min at the end of the first half. We couldn’t get him on the ball enough and he didn’t look as energetic as against city last week which isn’t the best combination. I’m not saying that he was good but no one in the team really had a good performance apart from iwobi, Matteo and cech. That doesn’t excuse his performance but it doesn’t warrant this kind of reaction lol

He still had a better performance than Ramsey had in his position last week imo who managed to make just 6 successful passes in the whole match. It’s a no brainer for me if the choice comes between those two and if Emery doesn’t start playing 433 soon then there’s really no place for Ramsey in this team imo.

I hope Emery sticks with him in the #10 position and I’m sure that mesut will get going soon enough if he does. But if he continues like this then he should definitely be dropped, just like anyone else in the team.

Yeah agree with this.. His touch and passing has been letting him down a bit, but that won't last long.. Us playing more through the wings than middle means he's not seeing much of the ball either, need to do a better job getting him involved in the build up.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You’d rather him be ecstatic about being substituted or something lol? Criticizing him for that is ridiculous.
I do believe there are reactions in between being "ecstatic" and reacting like he did. How about just turning around and jogging off the field quickly to let you team mate onto the pitch? Especially as you have just produced a stinker.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I do believe there are reactions in between being "ecstatic" and reacting like he did. How about just turning around and jogging off the field quickly to let you team mate onto the pitch? Especially as you have just produced a stinker.
I like that he became frustrated. It shows that he actually gives a ****. Why is that such a problem? He wasn’t being disrespectful. Every player should want to be on the pitch.

Laca was furious all season last year when those 70min subs occurred. He used to get a lot more visibly annoyed than Mesut in fact. No one criticized him back then.

You guys seem to be desperate about finding things to be mad about when it comes to mesut

Last edited:

Jae

He needs to turn up against West Ham, if he can't play well against them then I'm done with him to be honest. Play Mkhitaryan in his place.

TheArsenalis

Özil is a playmaker and creator. While he was on the field yesterday, Arsenal did well in terms of creating chances and were at parity, or even dominant.

Any other metric to judge him is purely irrelevant and agenda driven
No no no, I watched game. There was 90+ minutes of football played. Up until the 25 minute park, we were outplayed badly, even worst than against city, the 2nd half was all chelsea, so we were never dominant.
Arsenal balance of play created more chances clear cut. But we were not on par with them.

Özil is a coward, and he better man up.

TheArsenalis

ask the umanagement.

Özil's job is to move the ball forward and create chances. That part happened alright while he was on the pitch yesterday
That the ****ing problem, so should stand on the sideline when we lose the ball and walk back when if we recover it. Because without the ball he doesn't have a job then.

You play as part of team, when your team struggles you pull your socks up, lace your boots up to go war because they need you.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
That the ****ing problem, so should stand on the sideline when we lose the ball and walk back when if we recover it. Because without the ball he doesn't have a job then.

You play as part of team, when your team struggles you pull your socks up, lace your boots up to go war because they need you.
i just said, that he did his primary job. We had a cutting edge.
that does not necessary imply, that he stood on the sidelines when he was not doing his primary job. This type of debate does the club and atmosphere no good. It does seem more of an agenda driven venting.

vijay

No no no, I watched game. There was 90+ minutes of football played. Up until the 25 minute park, we were outplayed badly, even worst than against city, the 2nd half was all chelsea, so we were never dominant.
Arsenal balance of play created more chances clear cut. But we were not on par with them.

Özil is a coward, and he better man up.

This is just vitriol. Shame on you.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Özil is a playmaker and creator. While he was on the field yesterday, Arsenal did well in terms of creating chances and were at parity, or even dominant.

Any other metric to judge him is purely irrelevant and agenda driven
Come on what we saw from Özil yesterday was bordering on disgusting. Thinking the guy who's playing it off as an adequate performance is the one with the agenda here :lol:

vijay

Come on what we saw from Özil yesterday was bordering on disgusting. Thinking the guy who's playing it off as an adequate performance is the one with the agenda here :lol:
sure. drop him and we will then look at data of performance with and without him. I am just happy that the new defensive drilling, energetic new midfieldere and in game management and organization has helped us concede only 5 goals in two games.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I don't think the defensive work was the problem in the last two games. He is working hard for the team, but now he suddenly struggles to create the genius moments with the ball.
(only one time with the pass to Auba, but Auba f*cked it up).

He haven't found the right balance so far.

It makes no sense for us, if he works enough for the team, but not has enough power to create his fantastic moments, passes etc. with the ball.

Özil is surely levels behind Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, but they are nearly completely free from defensive work and that's why they can concentrate on their offensive strenghts.

I still have hope. Not the best start for him and his confidence, but it's not an easy time for him anyway. He needs the support now, we saw often enough what he is able to do in the PL.

And no, it's not an apologize for his two poor games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom